Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I was expecting 5-6 of these. I50 a game , that’s not unrealistic is it
That would give him 120 contested marks inside 50 per year.

I'm sure that exact stat is available somewhere, I couldn't find it, but it can be broken down into contested marks and marks inside 50.

League leader for marks inside 50 last year was JR8 with 94
League leader for contested marks last year was JGov with 67
Not one player had more than 60 of both.

In summary, it's about as realistic as expecting him to kick 150 goals.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
It seemed a rush to get him into the side at the start of the season. He’d hardly done any running or weight work on his legs. As a result he has looked slow and lacked power in marking contests.
I reckon we rushed him unnecessarily we should have built that leg power up worked on his overall conditioning and brought him in r6-8.
He’ll be so much better 2020 with that conditioning. I know Prestia is a completely different type but look how good he has been after 1 good preseason.

Still reckon Lynch will be a very good player for us

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
It seemed a rush to get him into the side at the start of the season. He’d hardly done any running or weight work on his legs. As a result he has looked slow and lacked power in marking contests.
I reckon we rushed him unnecessarily we should have built that leg power up worked on his overall conditioning and brought him in r6-8.
He’ll be so much better 2020 with that conditioning. I know Prestia is a completely different type but look how good he has been after 1 good preseason.

No harm in that , not sure he’d improve any faster playing in vfl

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

Lunch & Jack too prolong their careers and keep team balance(Only 1 key fwd)
Jobshare.
12 months on-12 months off

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Like your lateral thinking T O O.
Taking player management to a new level
We have it as an option at work.Great idea heading into retirement
Be a good idea for veterans of the same age and position although being an elite sportsman might be a issue.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Thought he wasn’t bad, took a few marks inside 50 on Blicavs who is possibly AA full back right now. Clearly not 100% fit and your delivery inside 50 didn’t help. Think with a full preseason and Riewoldt alongside him he’ll be like a new player in 2020.

DustinsGuns

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
He doesn’t seem to have an ounce of agility. Defenders just literally stroll past him and you can see he doesn’t want it to happen, but it does anyway.

Once the ball is one the ground he is basically out of the contest. Not too many forwards like that in the comp anymore

Back