Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

DustinsGuns

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I hope not I would be shattered if Jack ended up like Lynch
Jack is a wonderful footballer maybe the smartest I have ever seen.

Ironically Jack is about 5 years older than Lynch.

Can’t see it happening though. Riewoldt has reinvented himself 3 or 4 times throughout his career. He is a champion. He would find a way

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
* me, you blokes are kidding me. A midfield who doesn't pass the ball, never kick to the advantage of the fwd )like the cats are doing), trying to compete against more than 1 opponent, and the only reason why he didn't kick more was because inaccuracy. Normally pretty good in that area. Still yet to get to full aerobic fitness, and some of the commentary is outrageous.

Thought he wasn’t bad, took a few marks inside 50 on Blicavs who is possibly AA full back right now. Clearly not 100% fit and your delivery inside 50 didn’t help. Think with a full preseason and Riewoldt alongside him he’ll be like a new player in 2020.
Why are you talking more sense than our supporters? We always overreact after a loss.

Lynch has been well down on form this year, but I think most people realise he needs a full pre-season before he will start firing.

Not disappointed. Expected the usual suspects to be bitching out Lynch, not disappointed at all.

He wasn’t great tonight but he was bloody well far from our worst.

If he’d kicked accurately he’d have had 4 or 5 goals.

His agility is lacking at the moment, a serious knee injury will do that to you.

I suspect we would have loved to have rested him once or twice by now but we haven’t had that luxury.

I am watching him put his body on the line week after week, despite how stiff and how next to useless he is below the knees at the moment, but he is bloody tryin his ass off for no reward.

Now he’s got moron supporters calling him a spud.

Love to see you guys go out there and do what he does week after week.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Not disappointed. Expected the usual suspects to be bitching out Lynch, not disappointed at all.

He wasn’t great tonight but he was bloody well far from our worst.

If he’d kicked accurately he’d have had 4 or 5 goals.

His agility is lacking at the moment, a serious knee injury will do that to you.

I suspect we would have loved to have rested him once or twice by now but we haven’t had that luxury.

I am watching him put his body on the line week after week, despite how stiff and how next to useless he is below the knees at the moment, but he is bloody tryin his ass off for no reward.

Now he’s got moron supporters calling him a spud.

Love to see you guys go out there and do what he does week after week.
Settle down Joelsyt as even fully fit ( if possible) he will never suit our game plan or the modern day game. Even when he was in full flight at the Suns they were still rubbish with guys like Ablett Prestia and Caddy pushing it down his throat. He’s an individual and moves like a dinosaur and always has , especially below his knees. His other liability is he’s 2m tall and can’t ruck bc he’s a risk of doing serious injury to himself. He could have kicked five tonight, but like the Suns we still would have lost. Just as there are the usual suspects questioning the existence of this guy , there’s the usual suspects making excuses for him.
It’s a footy forum and people are entitled to give their opinions.

Settle down Joelsyt as even fully fit ( if possible) he will never suit our game plan or the modern day game. Even when he was in full flight at the Suns they were still rubbish with guys like Ablett Prestia and Caddy pushing it down his throat. He’s an individual and moves like a dinosaur and always has , especially below his knees. His other liability is he’s 2m tall and can’t ruck bc he’s a risk of doing serious injury to himself. He could have kicked five tonight, but like the Suns we still would have lost. Just as there are the usual suspects questioning the existence of this guy , there’s the usual suspects making excuses for him.
It’s a footy forum and people are entitled to give their opinions.
You’re right everyone is entitled to their opinion and my opinion is he won’t be a liability.

I can already see he’s trying to adapt to our game style.

It may take time and I really really hope one day he proves you wrong. :D

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
You’re right everyone is entitled to their opinion and my opinion is he won’t be a liability.

So do I , but I’m not holding my breath for seven years.

Sir_Rancelot

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

Maybe our game style is wrong and needs to change to suit him also.
I'm not like Dimma who is happy for him to bring the ball to ground.
I want to see him lead up and take marks.
Dimma is going about it all wrong, if they only would lower their eyes and hit him lace out he might just work out.

Oct 7, 2001
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Heart, Furies
I just wonder if he's worth the coin we would have paid to get him. I don't think he's worth it from that point of view. He is our long term FF solution, too. That's a big investment.

But I still think, new club, no pre-season etc.. that can be tough.

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
Dimma is going about it all wrong, if they only would lower their eyes and hit him lace out he might just work out.

Have to agree with that why we insist in taking the best attributes in his game out for some reason we all know he is a lead up forward.Our forward line setup and midfield balance is so out of place.

nick1408

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2010
Why?
AFL Club
Richmond
I actually thought he was fine tonight. His kicking was off (if it was on then he would have had a top game) but his second and third efforts were fantastic. Compare those efforts to the non-efforts someone like Franklin gives and it shows why our forward line should play finals and Sydney's definitely won't

mad_tiggy911

🏆 🏆 🏆
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
You don't need to be fit to take a mark with hands out in front. Lunch is playing like Vickery at the moment except he can't even ruck! Lel.

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
Honestly some people no idea limited preseason pathetic delivery and his main attributes is a leading type forward like we seen against Port yet we insist Tom needs to learn our game plan bring ball to ground a monster forward 199cm work that out.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
We are too focused on chaos and disruption, he is a traditional lead up forward, the two are Far apart

Wrenny

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
What is a pass mark for him if he plays the rest of the season? Sitting on 26 goals with an average of 2.2 a game, being at the half way mark you'd think 50+ would be a great result with the combination of coming off an injury and the year we are having. I really hope before the year is out we'll see Jack and Tom gelling in the forward line and Tom to look a bit more mobile to take into pre season 2020.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Struggles a bit being the main man in a group he has only just come into. Watching him a bit closer at the game I reckon he needs to be a bit more active, at the moment he just kind of stands there and waits for the kick. Needs to be a bit like Jack who is trying to create things, demanding the player with the ball to get it in somewhere. Might not always be the best idea but then the kicker executes with confidence and all the smalls know where its going.
That said he gave himself plenty of chances, if he has his kicking boots on he kicks 4 or 5.

Back