Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been studying his future teammates since he decided 18mnths ago he was ours.

Exactly, good players do that off their own bat. Think they call it pride!

Indeed i think that would be a bad move,
But learning the team plan and how your teammates kick the ball,leading patterns etc will take time,
Eg player x has a great left foot so i head that way?

we have no great left footers, and the delivery inside 50 is appalling.

our leading patterns consist of
1)lead towards a spare defender so he can intercept
2)lead into another forward and do your best to impede them
3)lead at the ball carrier and watch the ball sail over your head or kicked along the ground
4)lead far far away from the ball
5)lead to the pocket if you can be fkd, seems to be where the fkrs up the field kick it the most anyway

if he gets a kick it will be pure luck like the rest of our forwards

So that makes it sound like our plan is Nank if we can get away with it. Balta if we want a back up ruck, but don't expect to be dominated. And Soldo if we expect to be annihilated by a dominant ruck. Which I reckon is about right.

Sounds about right. It only becomes tricky if Nank picks up or aggravates an injury. Will be interesting to watch how far the development of Coleman-Jones has progressed.

Daniel Rioli will help out Nank, ruck rule hasn't worked out to what people thought because through the JLT the tap was still the most preferred option for the ruckman, teams who played two rucks lost speed as the game went on and the back up was a liabilty. All teams who trialled the resting ruck forward wouldn't have liked what they saw because a ruck is a ruck not a key forward.

Daniel Rioli will help out Nank, ruck rule hasn't worked out to what people thought because through the JLT the tap was still the most preferred option for the ruckman, teams who played two rucks lost speed as the game went on and the back up was a liabilty. All teams who trialled the resting ruck forward wouldn't have liked what they saw because a ruck is a ruck not a key forward.

I was going to say except us till I noticed you say "two rucks"....That Balta guy runs ok hey ?;)

I think for the record Noah will be the type of player we hoped our 200cm fella (can't remember his name, went to the states as a college punter) with all the concussion issues could have been....

Sounds about right. It only becomes tricky if Nank picks up or aggravates an injury. Will be interesting to watch how far the development of Coleman-Jones has progressed.

CJ could play seniors tomorrow, he’s good enough already

Houli
Jaaaaaack
Dusty
Short
Balta
Nank
Chol
Broad
KMac

nankervic is our only good kick and he’s a ruckman, says it all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CJ could play seniors tomorrow, he’s good enough already
Based on what you saw last year or based on what you have seen at Pre-season Training?

nankervic is our only good kick and he’s a ruckman, says it all

Bit harsh, is that one of those throw away lines said for maximum effect?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back