Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting.

Will play In ruck at times.
Yes but "playing in ruck" is literally just standing shoulder to shoulder at a boundary throw in or forward stoppage. So he's literally doing the same physical work as he would in a marking contest - so there's no actual pure ruck contest.

He won't ever see him jumping knee on knee and a centre bounce.

Yes but "playing in ruck" is literally just standing shoulder to shoulder at a boundary throw in or forward stoppage. So he's literally doing the same physical work as he would in a marking contest - so there's no actual pure ruck contest.

Probably even less physicality than a marking contest as you don’t have players coming in late.

Lynch rucks forward, astbury rucks back and it instantly reduces the work load on nank and let's him sit a kick behind play on occasions

in '16 he kicked 66 goals playing for that rabble, he was also the #1 contested mark player in the comp!!! Imagine what he could do in our side given last yr we ave 10 more I50's than Fold Coast...
If he finds that 2016 form that you’re speaking of then we’ll have the 2 best contested marks in the competition. Jack and Tom both have great footy brains too, can’t see them getting in the way of one another

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I checked Tom's profile on RFC website and he's listed as 193cm and 87kg. Must be from when he was drafted maybe ??? A bit outdated I would have thought??? o_O.....;)

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I checked Tom's profile on RFC website and he's listed as 193cm and 87kg. Must be from when he was drafted maybe ??? A bit outdated I would have thought??? o_O.....;)

Wrong guy i’d suggest. Lynch is 199cms and around 100kg.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong guy i’d suggest. Lynch is 199cms and around 100kg.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

That's what I was thinking. That's what made it a bit strange....:thumbsu:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-17/theres-no-doubt-about-that-dimma-on-lynch-in-the-ruck

(not fakenooz)

Hardwick hasn't ruled out bucking the trend and still turning to Grigg, at least once he eventually returns from his knee injury, but confirmed Lynch would be deployed in the ruck on occasion.

"Tom probably will at stages, there's no doubt about that," Hardwick told AFL.com.au of Lynch spelling Nankervis in the ruck.

"At the end of the day, the second ruck for us plays, what, 10 per cent of the game? So he'll be pinch-hitting.
Interesting.

Will play In ruck at times.
In other words.He didn't do his knee up at the sun's.He wanted out so all parties come to an agreement for Lunch to fake a knee so the sun's come out of it all rosy.
Well done Balmey.

Lynch rucks forward, astbury rucks back and it instantly reduces the work load on nank and let's him sit a kick behind play on occasions
Exactly.Thats how I read it after the intra.

In other words.He didn't do his knee up at the sun's.He wanted out so all parties come to an agreement for Lunch to fake a knee so the sun's come out of it all rosy.
Well done Balmey.
Must be somehing in the water up there, Ablett’s shoulder seemed to come good pretty quick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back