Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

caddyshack

Club Legend
Dec 23, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 4.30.41 pm.png

Cant see a reason why we need to rush him into round 1 when he hasnt played for more than half a year. All i can see is a car crash performance because he going to be super rusty or possibly reinjure himself
The professionals who work with him and are paid well to make these decisions have a far better idea then we do as to whether he’s ready and if it’s rushing him in, not to mention Tom himself who would’ve want to rush himself when nor ready and injure himself on debut.
Back our fitness staff they’ve earned our trust

He will be fine, he isnt Ben Cousins

He’s 26 years old not a rookie or 2rd year player who’s played over 130 games and was a captain of a footy club
he would know his body if he he’s he’s right and the medicos say he’s good then he’s good

Dunno why people are stressing out sure he might be a little bit rusty but the only way he’s going to gel with the team is by playing with them

No point playing him in the vfl

He’s 26 years old not a rookie or 2rd year player who’s played over 130 games and was a captain of a footy club
he would know his body if he he’s he’s right and the medicos say he’s good then he’s good

Dunno why people are stressing out sure he might be a little bit rusty but the only way he’s going to gel with the team is by playing with them

No point playing him in the vfl
I’d rather if he’s going to be rusty for it to be again Carlton then Collingwood.

Could fit Higgo in the palm of his hands!

I was just imagining jack taking windmill swings and Tom just holding him off with a palm to the face ala 3 stooges....;).... for those who remember nuh , nuh, nuuuuh.........wooooo , wooooooo, wooooo woooo, woooo,!!!

BugFooty. Phew this site has some serious load server problems.

Don't really understand this Lynch decision. Why take the risk ? Doesn't make sense. We make fit players play 2 full JLT games before setting them loose in game 1 of the season, so why would we take a bloke coming off a PCL and no footy in 8 months and send him out there without one skeric of a hit-out, especially when he's on $900k a year and has years ahead of him ?

There's no rush and no sense in this really. Hasn't played in our game plan either and we're sending him out into the real stuff stone cold ? Strange decision. Hope this doesn't bite us on the arse.

You're right, we'd be crazy to send him out if he wasn't fit.

Therefore he is 100% fit and ready to play.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
The professionals who work with him and are paid well to make these decisions have a far better idea then we do as to whether he’s ready and if it’s rushing him in, not to mention Tom himself who would’ve want to rush himself when nor ready and injure himself on debut.
Back our fitness staff they’ve earned our trust
Thank god we don't have the pies medical team.Then we would be worried.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
i think it might get a bit like that where I am atm, in a community called Booraloola (in the Gulf on the N.T side), cyclone may be coming through this way.....Apparently forced evacs tomorrow...
Stay safe TJ.
In a way I'm hoping they call it cyclone Tom.Good omen.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
You cant see a reason...WTF???

I can't see a reason either.

If he was a racehorse you would not do it!!!

Apparently told media would only go round for a half if went into the two's.

The main thing is his knee is right and all checks and balances ticked off.

Then gradually increase the workload etc... I would have thought so right for finals

I can't see a reason either.

If he was a racehorse you would not do it!!!

Apparently told media would only go round for a half if went into the two's.

The main thing is his knee is right and all checks and balances ticked off.

Then gradually increase the workload etc... I would have thought so right for finals

Good thing he’s not a racehorse

Back