Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Great to see him drop back behind the ball towards the end for a bit more aerial pressure.
This! His last six weeks his defensive side of his game with repeat efforts and attack on the ball and opponents has won me over. He’s as weird as it sounds and I can’t believe I’m saying this , but bigger than Jack Riewoldt and Jack is a superstar of the game. He’s at Carey level and his best position is clearly CHF. I can’t believe he’s the same bloke I watched for the first three months as his aggression is now brutal and almost bordering on dangerous. I’m actually scared for anybody who gets in his way now bc I reckon he could permanently hurt someone.
I’m glad he’s on our side now and I’m dying to see him play on a dry track.

Last edited:
Whilst a lot of our players and the team have enjoyed the recent run of wet weather football I just cannot help but feel Lynch will be holding of for a dry Saturday afternoon game of footy giving him the opportunity to clunk everything that comes his way.
Probably, but he’s done well for a big man in the wet.

I would love to see him in another dry game though.

This! His last six weeks his defensive side of his game with repeat efforts and attack on the ball and opponents has won me over. He’s as weird as it sounds and I can’t believe I’m saying this , but bigger than Jack Riewoldt and Jack is a superstar of the game. He’s at Carey level and his best position is clearly CHF. I can’t believe he’s the same bloke I watched for the first three months as his aggression is now brutal and almost bordering on dangerous. I’m actually scared for anybody who gets in his way now bc I reckon who could permanently hurt someone.

The funniest thing now about this bloke is reading Collingwood supporters pain in gameday threads or their own observations thread. It’s all he’s a dud, thank god we missed him, wouldn’t suit our structures etc. Make no mistake, they are bleeding about not getting this bloke. Currently a one eyed, 7 foot yank is their best KF. What a time to be alive.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Games (career) = 152
Wins (career) = 52
Draws (career) = 1
Losses (career) = 99

Games (Gold Coast) = 131
Wins (Gold Coast) = 37
Draws (Gold Coast) = 1
Losses (Gold Coast) = 93

Games (Richmond) = 21
Wins (Richmond) = 15
Draws (Richmond) = 0
Losses (Richmond) = 6

Cumulative crowd (career) = 3,445,550
Average crowd (career) = 22,668

Cumulative crowd (Gold Coast) = 2,404,185
Average crowd (Gold Coast) = 18,353

Cumulative crowd (Richmond) = 1,041,365
Average crowd (Richmond) = 49,589

Cumulative crowd (Richmond, MCG) = 743,803
Average crowd (Richmond, MCG) = 61,984
Within 30 games at Richmond he will overtake his cumulative crowd at GC in 130

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
This! His last six weeks his defensive side of his game with repeat efforts and attack on the ball and opponents has won me over. He’s as weird as it sounds and I can’t believe I’m saying this , but bigger than Jack Riewoldt and Jack is a superstar of the game. He’s at Carey level and his best position is clearly CHF. I can’t believe he’s the same bloke I watched for the first three months as his aggression is now brutal and almost bordering on dangerous. I’m actually scared for anybody who gets in his way now bc I reckon who could permanently hurt someone.

Surely you saw his aggression in the early days ... it was just fitness and touch letting him down.

The bloke had about 1/4 of a tank the start of the season and I remember a couple of times where he blazed away most of his fuel in a single sprint to line someone up and send them crashing to Jack Viney land.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Has done some good things but still huge concerns he will ruin us. :drunk:

Hawks and Pies certainly dodged a bullet.

In 13 games before the bye, had double digit disposals 4 times and 4+ marks 6 times

8 games since the bye, 6 double digit disposals (last 6 games with Jack) and every game 4+ Marks, not to mention in last 8 games he’d be on track for a 70 goal season.

He’s still only half fit and half integrated into our system. Next season with a real pre-season behind him, watch out!

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Surely you saw his aggression in the early days ... it was just fitness and touch letting him down.

The bloke had about 1/4 of a tank the start of the season and I remember a couple of times where he blazed away most of his fuel in a single sprint to line someone up and send them crashing to Jack Viney land.
I actually thought it was more attitude and education bc of his poor development in these areas at the Suns. It wasn’t imo the fitness excuse as he was getting to enough contests. He as I said earlier is naturally gifted and big with speed and even unfit he was still faster than most tall forwards, but never was taught about defence as a forward. This is why the Suns are still rubbish today and you can give them all the first round picks you want and they will never develop them fully. This is why I was sceptical about him, but he’s lucky that our club can get the best out of every player by developing all parts of their game and honing in on their weaknesses to make them bigger and greater. Even his best year for the Suns it was nothing compared to today bc of his brutality and power he attacks the ball and man at. I used to think he was a top line old time footballer who was a mark and a kick and once the ball was dropped and out of his zone he’d leave it for the rest to clean up. We’ve given him more weapons and ammunition to hurt opponents and he’s not using them sparingly anymore, but at every opportunity.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
af98c-this.gif
bang.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Has done some good things but still huge concerns he will ruin us. :drunk:
Hawks and Pies certainly dodged a bullet.

In 13 games before the bye, had double digit disposals 4 times and 4+ marks 6 times

8 games since the bye, 6 double digit disposals (last 6 games with Jack) and every game 4+ Marks, not to mention in last 8 games he’d be on track for a 70 goal season.

He’s still only half fit and half integrated into our system. Next season with a real pre-season behind him, watch out!
Caused the turnover for the sealer too. Gun.
3rd in the Coleman...not to shabby at all....
Tom Liability.

The funniest thing now about this bloke is reading Collingwood supporters pain in gameday threads or their own observations thread. It’s all he’s a dud, thank god we missed him, wouldn’t suit our structures etc. Make no mistake, they are bleeding about not getting this bloke. Currently a one eyed, 7 foot yank is their best KF. What a time to be alive.

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Who does Lynch play on this week Adams or Andrews?? i have a feeling it will be Andrews given Jack does well on Andrews.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Melman update.

VFL/AFL: 11953rd player to appear, 1170th most games played, 177st most goals kicked.
Richmond: 1159th player to appear, 497th most games played, 139th most goals kicked.

21 more goals until the top 100 at Richmond.
93 goals over until career goal No. 400.

9062Pickering, Justin1967-08-02185cm80kg59 (18-0-41)541988-199120y 246d24y 2d
29110Fincher, Jack1904-11-27168cm72kg69 (47-1-21)541927-193022y 154d25y 304d
106635White, Matt1987-04-15180cm82kg105 (44-4-57)542006-201319y 49d26y 138d
4857Cooke, Allan1930-04-09185cm85kg116 (54-1-61)541949-195819y 21d28y 24d
115919Lynch, Tom1992-10-31199cm99kg21 (15-0-6)53201926y 141d26y 291d

53 goals is Lynch's 2nd highest season tally. (13 more goals until he's reached his seasonal PB.)
With 53 goals this year, Lynch is Richmond's 4th player 199cm or over to 50 goals.

With his new numbers, he says goodbye to the following notable names*:

*Daniel Butler. (Pending his future selections.)
Dave Baxter. (The brother-in-law of Leo Merrett, who's placed below.) (Dave married Leo's sister.)
Robert Powell.
Rory Hilton.
Bill Mahoney.
Craig Lambert.
Leo Merrett. (The great-grandfather of Bailey Smith and related to Jackson, Zach, Roger and Thorold Merrett as well as Glenn Hawker and Jason McCartney.)
Stuart Edwards.
Paul Sarah.
Sel Murray. (Better known at North Melbourne.)
Graham Jacobs.
Frank Bourke. (The Bourke patriarch.)

Sidenote: Interesting how Leo Merrett and Dave Baxter finished with 53 goals.

A new table will be created after his next goal.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
He is a dead set gun, will be even better next year if he gets a full pre season. Will show why many labelled him the best KPF in the game. Hopefully we see it in September though.
Only have to look at meatball.
First full pre-season.
Pretty frightening if your 17 other Defenders

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Former Gold Coast players at Richmond.

Meatball = ripper.
Caddyshack = serviceable.
Melman = great value.
Top Gun = meh. (18 year old could've fitted that spot more Weller than the one they have.)

Back