Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

just soooo proud of this team......UNRELENTING pressure!!!

I know this is a Tim Lunch appreciation thread, and boy do I appreciate that hot piece of asss, but how good's Shedda again in traffic. Most players get that ball and continue in the same direction.... Not our magician. He's the Gandalf of the AFL.

I know this is a Tim Lunch appreciation thread, and boy do I appreciate that hot piece of asss, but how good's Shedda again in traffic. Most players get that ball and continue in the same direction.... Not our magician. He's the Gandalf of the AFL.
that's simply because the ball ends up with Lunch....I would prefer if there was a 'team' thread so I can post giphys to showcase our manic pressure while not praising just one particular individual.

Last edited:
Starting to warm to this guy. Reckon he could be something with a solid preseason.

honestly, sometimes it hits me from nowhere that Lynch is about to have a pre-season. He was close to the best player in the comp in 2015-16, 7 marks, 3 contested, 16 disposals and 3 goals a game in a s**t side.

His potential improvement is basically to hit that level again, and given he has matured and playing a good side he could go well beyond that.

upsetting the applecart ? he's gunna give it a mother of a destroyation!!!

broken01.jpg61c67bc1-20b9-4962-b4ce-9af07b91cedeOriginal.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

honestly, sometimes it hits me from nowhere that Lynch is about to have a pre-season. He was close to the best player in the comp in 2015-16, 7 marks, 3 contested, 16 disposals and 3 goals a game in a s**t side.

His potential improvement is basically to hit that level again, and given he has matured and playing a good side he could go well beyond that.

iirc dermie said Lynch was top3 players in the game in that stage and revised it later on to #1 in the game

The best thing about that, yes Lynch got the well-deserved free kick, however he still managed to beat 3 of them and take the mark. :hearteyes:
Didn't the crowd just erupt when he took it too! I still can't explain how he did it. So fitting that was the goal that put us in front too.

Didn't the crowd just erupt when he took it too! I still can't explain how he did it. So fitting that was the goal that put us in front too.

He took quite a few marks in packs where the ball seemed to 'fall' into his arms - somehow. He's obviously very strong and very positionally aware in a contest. Seems to have great timing as well. He always looks in control in a marking conest - he rarely seems off-balance or out of play.

He's the player I'm looking forward to most in 2020 - a fit Lynch with a pre-season.

He took quite a few marks in packs where the ball seemed to 'fall' into his arms - somehow. He's obviously very strong and very positionally aware in a contest. Seems to have great timing as well. He always looks in control in a marking conest - he rarely seems off-balance or out of play.

He's the player I'm looking forward to most in 2020 - a fit Lynch with a pre-season.
And his height gives him a big advantage once those long arms go up it's all over!
Eat your heart out Cox! Eat your heart out CScott! Eat your collective hearts out oppo!
Now for a fit Cut Lunch in 2020's B2B!

Compulsory viewing.

Magnificent! Seamlessly fit into our forward line...what an absolute beast of a forward and with a gimpy leg too!
Great kick for goal(shades of JR8!)...has to make those that kick the footy to Cut Lunch confident he will convert! And they will keep doing it...drooool!!!!!
Prestia loves him! :)
Bring on the B2B!!!! 👍 :p👍

As much as i like the old Conca...gee I canna believe we did not pick Cut Lunch originally in that Draft when we had our chance opting for Conca instead!
In my book a big forward is too valuable to pass over for a mid fielder when their are so many of them in the draft!
In hindsight picking Conca with so many other options available Prestia?!? Lunch?!? was a big mistake!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back