List Mgmt. Welcome: Tyson Stengle, new Crow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the best pressure is scoreboard pressure?

If he’s kicking goals consistently he has to stay in the side.

Agreed, but I also wouldn't want him to be in a situation where he needs to be snagging multiple goals every week just to hold his spot, considering he's playing in arguably the hardest and most inconsistent position on the ground.

Yup. And one with his last kick, too :)

Not sure about that one. I know he had one more possession in the back line after he kicked his goal. Can't recall if it was a kick or handpass. I was 20 metres away from Eddy when he handballed to Rutten at the southern end and Rutten slotted it from an angle. I remember willing the siren to go so that it would be his last kick.

Not sure about that one. I know he had one more possession in the back line after he kicked his goal. Can't recall if it was a kick or handpass. I was 20 metres away from Eddy when he handballed to Rutten at the southern end and Rutten slotted it from an angle. I remember willing the siren to go so that it would be his last kick.
(Oh noes! Checks online)

Well, Google / wikipedia / afc.com.au say it was his last kick, so the romance is real!

Rutten scored a goal with his last kick, but not his last possession, which was a long handball from a mark in defence if i recall correctly.

(This was also the game Josh Jenkins lined up at half-back.)

I'm honestly flabbergasted that matters like this - where the person involved is not in custody and is not going to end up in jail afterwards and there's no injured party involved needing to have their say - aren't already being handled over video as a matter of course. Doesn't seem to be much benefit having people physically present under the current circumstances unless it's really necessary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back