List Mgmt. Welcome: Tyson Stengle, new Crow!

Remove this Banner Ad

I am thinking that McAdam is the one that will get the early nod as long as he gets his fitness to the right level and I admit I have heard nothing on him so far this preseason on how he is tracking - anyone out there that can fill me and others in on how he is progressing?

It's a very safe bet at this point in time that McAdam will be in our round 1 lineup. Looks built to replace McGovern, especially with our desire to add much more forward 50 pressure to our lineup.

I don't think it's a huge failure if Stengle plays the year in the SANFL, I don't think he was recruited to fill a role this year, but to develop as a player to potentially replace Eddie's spot when he hangs it up.

Agreed, he’s clearly there as a long term Eddie replacement and as such may still have to wait his turn a bit. He’s in as that dangerous, offensive goal sneak, which can be a difficult player to find at times, but ultra valuable when combined with a couple of strong talls.

Having said that, I doubt Eddie plays every game this year and so I suspect Stengle will get a few games this year, with the aim perhaps to have him genuinely challenging Eddie for his spot from 2020.

Tyson STENGLE

Stat2019 SANFL (Ade)2018 VFL (Rich)2017 VFL (Rich)
Total games121918
Total goals263333
Total behinds172021
Total best players list155
Average kicks10.47.97.8
Average handballs4.35.74.9
Average disposals14.713.612.7
Average marks4.73.03.1
Average tackles2.63.93.0
Average inside 50s2.13.12.2
Average rebound 50s0.30.20.1
Average frees for0.80.50.4
Average frees against1.40.70.8
Average DT points75.0069.3764.67

All the best -will need at least 7 goals to keep his spot I imagine
Anything over 10 possessions for Dougy in the B's and he'll be straight back in. Got to protect our running patterns at all costs.

I love what this kid brings. Genuine forward craft!

I expect him to create space, generate scoring opportunities, and score himself. His possession count is almost irrelevant to me, what I want from him is to make defenders uncomfortable in the way only Eddie Betts can. And bring some damn spark back into our forward line!

So now we have 2 natural goalscoring small forwards in the side. Should be fun to watch, let Murphy do all the hard work.

Tyson STENGLE

Stat2019 SANFL (Ade)2018 VFL (Rich)2017 VFL (Rich)
Total games121918
Total goals263333
Total behinds172021
Total best players list155
Average kicks10.47.97.8
Average handballs4.35.74.9
Average disposals14.713.612.7
Average marks4.73.03.1
Average tackles2.63.93.0
Average inside 50s2.13.12.2
Average rebound 50s0.30.20.1
Average frees for0.80.50.4
Average frees against1.40.70.8
Average DT points75.0069.3764.67

Hey mate

How do you keep such uptodate stats for all the reserve leagues?

So now we have 2 natural goalscoring small forwards in the side. Should be fun to watch, let Murphy do all the hard work.
Hopefully, if Stengle and Betts fo their job, then Murphy won’t need to be doing his!

Hope both kick 3-4 goals each. We need some team-spirit-lifters just about now!

Stengle has good goal awareness and some tricks. Certainly not in the caliber of Betts
Here is some of his SANFL highlights
He can be a bit inconsistent with his snaps but I think that is true of a lot of small fwds
For an opponent you would not want to give a free run though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a very smart player, gets himself into good scoring positions.

Always seems to be in the right spot, and we know he won't stupidly fly for marks he knows he can't take.

He's a very smart player, gets himself into good scoring positions.

Always seems to be in the right spot, and we know he won't stupidly fly for marks he knows he can't take.
Aww he does have a fly go :)
But I think you’re assemement is probably true in part

Mc Adam to me could be anything up fwd
Davis has X factor I wished he could have got a block of games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back