News Welcome Tyson Stengle

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie Cameron also beating Stengle in goal assists with 16 v 11.

Given he's trailing on goals/tackles and goal assists I don't think you can really put Stengle in ahead of Cameron. This season. Again, stoked that its a close enough that you can debate it though!
Great point- how many seasons had Charlie played in a row versus our Tyson in his first season for quite some time.
That Stengle is in the conversation is a huge accolade to the young man.
Our forward mix is amazing and Tyson is right amongst it 👍✅👌🏽

I don't think I've ever felt more pride in an a player getting his well earned respect and accolades.

To see where Tyson has come from, and to see how he's changed his life in the last 12 months is just incredible. He was on the AFL scrapheap, and now he's an AA with 8-10 years of great football ahead.

Even take out the football element, as a human being his life was at a crossroads...12 months on he's a superstar footballer at one of the biggest and most recognised clubs in Australian sport.

Onya Tyson, you deserve this mate.

Unbelievable recruiting.

And inclusion, and development.
Most important beside actually bringing him in is inclusion though, talk around the club constantly is how welcoming the playing group and larger club is, and how players quickly feel part of the team.
For someone who had off field distractions, I think having that encompassing network around him has certainly helped him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An amazing story of redemption, the leadership on the field and professionalism of the Geelong Football Club can't be commended enough.
I can think of one other club being the Sydney Swans where a similar result might have been achieved, well done Tyson, keep up the good work.

Just an amazing story, and how good Tyson has been to really deliver a special season, he's been above and beyond i reckon anyone's expectations. Congratulations on your AA, and i do love the beaming smile of JC in the top right of the pic there of Tyson in the blazer. Reckon there's a special chemistry between the three big goalscorers for the Cats there.

I don't know if it was the stress of the pandemic finally catching up to me but I got emotional seeing Tyson and our four other players all make the team.

Tyson making the team is especially beautiful. Shai said it best: Tyson is the story of the season. On a side note seeing Shai Bolton so happy for Tyson was heartwarming too. The fact they were drafted together at the Tigers and have stayed close is very sweet. Good luck to Shai's partner on the birth of their baby! How exciting for him and his family.

Back to our lad Tyson: I love seeing a young man decide he deserves a second chance. I love seeing a young man put in the hard work to move past his mistakes. Lots of people wallow in their own misery after they have messed up. It takes a lot of strength and a lot of character to not let yourself be defined by the bad choices you have made. You don't have to be the person you were yesterday. The past does not need to define you. Tyson decided he deserved a second chance and a better life and he made that happen for himself. It takes a special person to do that. He won a lot of respect in the process. He's brilliant. And now he's an All Australian. That's incredible.

He's been huge for us this season and is going to star during our finals campaign.

Stroke of genius getting him and Eddie to the club. We are a slickly run organisation and it shows in the talent we are able to attract.

Love yah, Stengle. Well done!!

I don't know if it was the stress of the pandemic finally catching up to me but I got emotional seeing Tyson and our four other players all make the team.

Tyson making the team is especially beautiful. Shai said it best: Tyson is the story of the season. On a side note seeing Shai Bolton so happy for Tyson was heartwarming too. The fact they were drafted together at the Tigers and have stayed close is very sweet. Good luck to Shai's partner on the birth of their baby! How exciting for him and his family.

Back to our lad Tyson: I love seeing a young man decide he deserves a second chance. I love seeing a young man put in the hard work to move past his mistakes. Lots of people wallow in their own misery after they have messed up. It takes a lot of strength and a lot of character to not let yourself be defined by the bad choices you have made. You don't have to be the person you were yesterday. The past does not need to define you. Tyson decided he deserved a second chance and a better life and he made that happen for himself. It takes a special person to do that. He won a lot of respect in the process. He's brilliant. And now he's an All Australian. That's incredible.

He's been huge for us this season and is going to star during our finals campaign.

Stroke of genius getting him and Eddie to the club. We are a slickly run organisation and it shows in the talent we are able to attract.

Love yah, Stengle. Well done!!
I'm not crying! You're crying!

That makes him a free agent for life doesn't it. I presume he was on a two year deal. Will need to find him a $1 pub next year.

Yep, two year deal. He will be line for a big payday in 12 months - I guess he's probably on the 300k mark and will be rightfully asking for 500-600k?

I can imagine a number of retirements at the end of 2023 so we will have the cap space to accommodate.

Of course, all credit to Tyson for the accolade. I would like to recognise the role that coming into a quality and supportive environment can play too. Betts but also the club more broadly have done a fine job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back