News Welcome Tyson Stengle

Remove this Banner Ad

Tyson has risen above all hurdles this year - at the bounce of the ball in the Grand Final, I truely hope he rises above again and shows he is a step above most good AFL players and in a class of his own. More power to you Tyson, and know the Geelong massive is fully with you and has for your back.

18. Tyson Stengle

What a yarn. What a player. Beautiful moment at the start of the second term, booting his 50th goal for the season — an achievement that appeared so unlikely 12 months ago. Kicked 3.1 in the SANFL grand final win last year — and finished with 4.1 from 15 disposals in the AFL Grand Final 12 months later to be a premiership player. Phenomenal. 8

He finished with 53 goals this season, an average of 2.1 per game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyson is the absolute definition of class, goes to another level on the big stage.. could put the ball wherever he wanted it.. He was walking with a huge limp after the game - wonder if he is dealing with some injury in the groin etc. If he can maintain that form we are in for a special time.

Can you believe Collingwood were first in line to take him but balked at the last minute for some reason. That's when we swooped in after getting endorsements from Richmond etc that he was a good kid and talented.

Imagine De Goey mentoring him. Might not have ended too well.

Stengle has come a long way, worked his ass off, and by all accounts is an exceptional young man. Obviously I don't know him, I don't know what he was like before, so what I am going to say is just my hope for him, as a guy who's had drug problems, in the weeks and months coming up. As they say about Everest, the hard part is descending. He's reached the apex in a very short period of time, well earned. I just hope he sticks to his new life, with all its restrictions both self-imposed and put to him. It would be crying shame if he let it go to his head and he slipped back into a downward spiral after all he's been able to do to right himself.
Like I already said, I don't know him and there have been glowing tributes to his character. I just hope he continues on his current path.

Stengle has come a long way, worked his ass off, and by all accounts is an exceptional young man. Obviously I don't know him, I don't know what he was like before, so what I am going to say is just my hope for him, as a guy who's had drug problems, in the weeks and months coming up. As they say about Everest, the hard part is descending. He's reached the apex in a very short period of time, well earned. I just hope he sticks to his new life, with all its restrictions both self-imposed and put to him. It would be crying shame if he let it go to his head and he slipped back into a downward spiral after all he's been able to do to right himself.
Like I already said, I don't know him and there have been glowing tributes to his character. I just hope he continues on his current path.
Was saying this to my wife today. We have the recruit of the year and the best small forward in the comp, and we know what AFL GF celebrations are like and how long they can go on for.
Really hope Tyson stays true to his new way of being.
He has absolutely exceeded any expectations I had for him, in the most exciting and brilliant way possible.
Each one of his 4 goals was a possible Goal of the GF.

If you want to bring a smile to your face, remind yourself that Tyson Stengle’s best footy is ahead of him.

If you want to bring a smile to your face, remind yourself that Tyson Stengle’s best footy is ahead of him.
I’d like to think his best years are ahead of him and that make me smile knowing that he achieved his goal of turning around his life while moving away from his area of negative influence

Not an easy thing to do for anyone let alone in the glare of public life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back