News Welcome Tyson Stengle

Remove this Banner Ad

Does 2 things,

Keeps the media at bay, and for a player with Demons in his past good to keep them at arms length. And gives him security that he can negotiate a new deal at the end of the year. Might even be Stengles preference for rolling 2 year contracts as it takes pressure off and just allows him to enjoy his footy.
It does something else as well it gives him something to go to the bank with should he be looking to settle in the Geelong area.

Well if he kicks another 50 goals this year his next contract will be a long term 600k+ a year deal

That would be why he only wanted one year and from our end it makes sense to see if he can backup last year (as much off field as on) before we give him a big longer term deal.

Krock article K rock Football Kingy says tied to the club till end of 2024… some are posting it’s a one year deal… so which is it?
K rock Football usually pretty spot on…

Edit - both are correct…
Under contract till end of 2023 currently and 1 year extension makes it thru end of 2024.

Go Catters
Don't worry, when I first read the news I did a double take thinking that it should be a two year extension until I remembered we're in 2023 already

That would be why he only wanted one year and from our end it makes sense to see if he can backup last year (as much off field as on) before we give him a big longer term deal.
Spot on P.O. Let's face it, if Stengle had that sort of year coming off a limited build up imagine what he might to this year. A full preseason and the confidence gained from being a premiership star and All Australian. Look out!

Just watched the Hawks sim.

What an absolute gun.

He is every bit the equal of Bolton but with more composure. His timing by foot is insane.

I am almost expecting a bit of a drop off from him this season - because how can you possibly top what he achieved last year? - but he was easily the cleanest, sharpest player on the ground v Hawks. Another AA, 50+ goal season is certainly not beyond him.

I am almost expecting a bit of a drop off from him this season - because how can you possibly top what he achieved last year? - but he was easily the cleanest, sharpest player on the ground v Hawks. Another AA, 50+ goal season is certainly not beyond him.

I thought the same, surely couldn't back up 50 goals and AA and the kind of quality we saw of him, then I allowed my mind to flirt with the idea.... what if that is just his "comeback" season and he will improve again from there?

I thought the same, surely couldn't back up 50 goals and AA and the kind of quality we saw of him, then I allowed my mind to flirt with the idea.... what if that is just his "comeback" season and he will improve again from there?
He’s a star, we’be been ridiculously lucky there.

Fun fact - Cyril never kicked 50 goals in a season. 40s twice and 30s once. I was surprised when looking that up as he has been commonly regarded as the small forward benchmark this century.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back