Badtemperedbadger

Team Captain
May 24, 2008
Thornbury
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Any Aussie Team
Miers is quite a better footballer than Stengle.
I certainly would like to see Dahlhaus out of the team for good but we all know Scott loves the bloke and will play him no matter what.
Close may have some decent competition given we have no other talent in the VFL to play forward pocket.

So you don’t rate Frankie Evans?
thought he showed a lot of promise before getting injured

Absolutely. All 3 are entirely different players.

Close is more your defensive small, Miers gets up the ground a bit more and Stengle is your goalkicking small.
Close also plays taller than a small in respect to his marking over head - he's got great hands.

They have different strengths and weaknesses so its not like we have 3 of the same type of small - it could be very productive.

GO Catters

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Miers is quite a better footballer than Stengle.
I certainly would like to see Dahlhaus out of the team for good but we all know Scott loves the bloke and will play him no matter what.
Close may have some decent competition given we have no other talent in the VFL to play forward pocket.

This narrative took a fair pounding once finals rolled around this year. And I don't expect his omission for our last three games to be 'the exception that proves the rule' for 2022, either.

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
lol you are going to be in for yet another shock when he is running around in round 1. Scott loves him some mature oldies.

Never said he wouldn't play Round 1. Just challenged your assertion that he can't be left out of the senior team. Which was disproved in each of our last three games in 2021.

This is the "Welcome Tyson Stengle" thread btw.....on topic please

Come again?
Looks like the ink ran out in this post.
The yellow gold glows in the dark and looks great in night mode

The rest of the post seems pretty self explanatory - like vast majority of threads, there's a topic for them and we've been asked to stick to said topic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice touch giving Tyson Stengle the #18 guernsey......the number Eddie Betts wore...

I like it.

Last edited:
Nice touch giving Tyson Stengle the #18 guernsey......the number Eddie Betts wore

I like it.
Eddie played the majority of his career in the #19.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would have sentimental value to both betts and Tyson
and the day Partridge remotely gives a flying * about anything sentimental ill jump off a bridge.

Its not in his wheelhouse. Not a criticism - just not his thing IMO.

GO Catters

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
and the day Partridge remotely gives a flying fu** about anything sentimental ill jump off a bridge.

GO Catters
Just pointing out that it would be something done by the club to show their appreciation and inclusion for these two people … it’s not much but it might go a long way to show to Stengle and Betts that they are vaued

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
and the day Partridge remotely gives a flying fu** about anything sentimental ill jump off a bridge.

GO Catters
They're professional sportsmen, if they can't play well regardless of the number they wear they shouldn't be in the business.

Sorry, just heard someone chittering from our pear tree.

Wellsy35

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
They're professional sportsmen, if they can't play well regardless of the number they wear they shouldn't be in the business.
It’s not that they wouldn’t play well otherwise - it’s just a nice thing to do that costs the club nothing and helps build a welcoming culture. If it wasn’t the number, it would be something else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back