Fremantle
Ultan the Sultan.
The Ultanmate
Usain Bultan

I'll get my hat.

Aug 22, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’s now confirmed. Fremantle will scour the planet for the next defender.

I am now at peace with the fact that our future forward line will be built from failed defenders.

that aside the lads got some serious wheels to pull away from someone while kicking the ball to himself. Good luck to him, hope he succeeds in volumes for us.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
As the resident Irish person in here, Im VERY excited by this!
Ultan is from fermanagh, which would be one of the weaker of the 32 intercounty teams in Ireland.I haven’t seen him play (mainly because his team would not be playing in the biggest matches very often) but that doesn’t mean he’s not a high quality player. Zach Tuohy would have also originated from a similar level county.
There’s been a lot of talk in Gaelic football circles in recent weeks about another Irish lad, Oisin Mullin. He’s from my own county and I’ve watched him since he was a kid. Already a house hold name in GAA, he’s the current young player of the year (equivalent of the NAB rising star) and I know that Geelong have been desperately trying to sign him for 2 years now. Really hope he doesn’t leave as he will be a star wherever he goes and fcuk Geelong anyway!
As for ultan, I’m really interested to see how he goes. Likely to be a Conor McKenna type player if he makes it which would be very useful indeed and exciting to watch from a fans perspective.

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
The amount of speed coming into the club… is our intent to run back to 2013 and correct the timeline?
I feel like Freo are becoming the 90s/00s Raiders...

"Yeah, yeah kid, so you can kick a ball, but can you run fast?"

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Like it a lot.
As the resident Irish person in here, Im VERY excited by this!
Ultan is from fermanagh, which would be one of the weaker of the 32 intercounty teams in Ireland.I haven’t seen him play (mainly because his team would not be playing in the biggest matches very often) but that doesn’t mean he’s not a high quality player. Zach Tuohy would have also originated from a similar level county.
There’s been a lot of talk in Gaelic football circles in recent weeks about another Irish lad, Oisin Mullin. He’s from my own county and I’ve watched him since he was a kid. Already a house hold name in GAA, he’s the current young player of the year (equivalent of the NAB rising star) and I know that Geelong have been desperately trying to sign him for 2 years now. Really hope he doesn’t leave as he will be a star wherever he goes and fcuk Geelong anyway!
As for ultan, I’m really interested to see how he goes. Likely to be a Conor McKenna type player if he makes it which would be very useful indeed and exciting to watch from a fans perspective.
Hawks are about to sign Fionn O'Hara as well.

Cayman Docker

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Cayman Islands B.W.I
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’s now confirmed. Fremantle will scour the planet for the next defender.

I am now at peace with the fact that our future forward line will be built from failed defenders.

that aside the lads got some serious wheels to pull away from someone while kicking the ball to himself. Good luck to him, hope he succeeds in volumes for us.

Based on that highlights package he would be wasted anywhere behind centre 👍🏻

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Like it a lot.

Hawks are about to sign Fionn O'Hara as well.
O’Hara is a rugby player not a GAA player I’m pretty sure.
The Optus stadium track will suit the fast players with big tanks that can run all day.
Conor McKenna gave an interesting interview last week on in a podcast in Ireland about his time in AFL.
James Hird never rated him and it wasn’t until Hird was sacked that he debuted a week later.
said he was “s**t” for the first year and a half as he learned the game but the bombers staff had great patience with him.
said he used to get hounded by Essendon fans after a bad game but feted as a hero a week later if he had good one.
Said he set himself targets when he joined the club to pick off, in terms of getting ahead of certain players on the list, having stated right at the Bottom of the 44 man list initially. Went from an international rookie in 2015 to a 4th place in the B&F In 2019.
Left the door open to come back to AFL in the future I reckon.
He recently won an All Ireland (premiership) with Tyrone against Mayo so he's already reached the top of the mountain in Gaelic football. Very talented guy.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Awesome another defender!

Good luck to the young fella. I'm gathering with the focus on running speed recently of Clark, Walker, Fredrick & Western we are looking to move the ball quicker and becoming more attacking. 🎵 Music to my ears 🎶
As long as they can run just as quick back the other way when it bounces back out of the forward line

S.J Rollin

Team Captain
Feb 1, 2002
Lathlain
AFL Club
Fremantle
O’Hara is a rugby player not a GAA player I’m pretty sure.
The Optus stadium track will suit the fast players with big tanks that can run all day.
Conor McKenna gave an interesting interview last week on in a podcast in Ireland about his time in AFL.
James Hird never rated him and it wasn’t until Hird was sacked that he debuted a week later.
said he was “sh*t” for the first year and a half as he learned the game but the bombers staff had great patience with him.
said he used to get hounded by Essendon fans after a bad game but feted as a hero a week later if he had good one.
Said he set himself targets when he joined the club to pick off, in terms of getting ahead of certain players on the list, having stated right at the Bottom of the 44 man list initially. Went from an international rookie in 2015 to a 4th place in the B&F In 2019.
Left the door open to come back to AFL in the future I reckon.
He recently won an All Ireland (premiership) with Tyrone against Mayo so he's already reached the top of the mountain in Gaelic football. Very talented guy.

My Grandmother was a McKenna and lived in Caledon Tyrone which was the next Village south of Conor‘s home Village… so I watched Conor from the get go and told my kids that was our Cuz. Loved some of his solos for Essendon especially if it was over a player… member of the first kick - goal club.

I hope this Lad brings some of the same tricks, line breaking thru the guts and a jovial, thick as fek Ulster accent that has anybody interviewing him having NFI what he just said?

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
ULTAN FROM ULSTER

Sounds like he should look like this...lol

1634227726329.png

He's obviously just a project at this point, but it's clear FFC is loading up on speed. I'm really looking forward to seeing this speed in action next year.

Oct 18, 2013
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow! Fantastic news, and a very handy pick up. Welcome to the Craic Ultan!

Literally for YEARS now, I have been begging Freo to draft more midfield closing speed... and bugger me if they're not doing precisely that.

Is this what satisfaction feels like? I'm not used to it.

It's weird - I wanted something, I asked for it long enough... and it actually arrived. What a concept...

:think::think::think:

...you know, Literally for YEARS now, I have been begging Freo to buy me a vineyard...

Last edited:
ULTAN FROM ULSTER

Sounds like he should look like this...lol

View attachment 1260716

He's obviously just a project at this point, but it's clear FFC is loading up on speed. I'm really looking forward to seeing this speed in action next year.
Thanks Daddoo, I now want his first interview to sound like this:

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Here it is. His first interview. That accent is terrific to be sure;

Imagine trying to learn the nuances of the game by listening to Wayne Carey and Cameron Ling and Co. Poor bastard! Get him over here and partnered up with some actual coaches quick smart!

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Imagine trying to learn the nuances of the game by listening to Wayne Carey and Cameron Ling and Co. Poor bastard! Get him over here and partnered up with some actual coaches quick smart!
Marty Clarke (former Collingwood half back) has been working with him. Would have no doubt advised him to watch with the sound off :)

Back