Welcome: Which games do you have or want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief

Overlord
Dec 1, 1999
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
I actually don't have a zombie game yet - what is regarded as the best?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
I really don't know - I have hardly actually played any :)

For miniatures lots of people like This is Not a Test - post-apoc really, not zombie - and I have seen a few people say Last Days has slotted into their top zombie minis games.

City of Horror I didn't like so much, Zombicide I think... I dunno it doesn't have that extra dimension for me.

I have Dawn of the Zeds 3rd edition on Kickstarter.

Dead of Winter I quite liked for the story /event card element but you don't move around much.

Dhoni Dakurri

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Big solo gamer and sports gamer here. I have almost all of Plaay’s games:
- History Maker Baseball
- History Maker Golf
- Soccer Blast
- First Season (NFL)

Also like Stratomatic baseball. Have a game called “Bottom of the 9th” which is great fun two player. Also available as an iOS app.

Have and love axis and allies. And munchkin.

Love chess.

I have Catan but don’t enjoy it that much to be honest.

Got this game called Detective for Xmas which is awesome.

IMG_4752.jpg

In terms of games I want - I don’t want to become someone who just collects games for the sake of it because they are expensive. There seems to be so many who are more invested in building their collection as opposed to dedicating themselves to playing and becoming a master of good individual games. Im eyeing off Gloomhaven and have read good things but.

Last edited:

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have Catan but don’t enjoy it that much to be honest.
Catan definitely took time to grow on me. I can still remember playing it and not really enjoying it, but it's since become one of my favourites now. If you have given it a good go then fair enough, but for me it took at least a year after my first play to really click and start enjoying it

Dhoni Dakurri

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah only played it 4 times. I like how easy it is to learn and teach others. It’s a great game for after dinner with friends. Maybe it will grow on me.

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Lakers | 49ers | SMC Gaels

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SpaceCow

Premiership Player
Jan 11, 2010
Everywhere
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Anyone played Kingdom Death here? Currently in the beginning stages of a gloomhaven campaign and wondering how similar it is to KD:M? I also have that in packaging with some expansions that is on the cards to play next.

jazzee

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2011
Peoples Republic of Victoria.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Spurs
Anyone played Kingdom Death here? Currently in the beginning stages of a gloomhaven campaign and wondering how similar it is to KD:M? I also have that in packaging with some expansions that is on the cards to play next.
Gloomhaven is a game where there is a bit of skill.. a strategic euro/strategy. KDM is a mean random game where you can lose for no reason. More of a mean RPG. KDM annoyed me because off that.

Downhill Skier

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2018
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Inter , Padres
Does anyone know any online stores that sell war games here in OZ . I am looking for games like the Holdfast series or Band of brothers . I know I can get them overseas but postage is out of this world

Remove this Banner Ad