Welcome: Which games do you have or want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to find the remake on BGG. Is it just a reprint so they didnt make a new page ?

I'm not sure how the site works, but everything is a lot bigger, and some of the monsters have been renamed to make it less Warhammery (no Fimirs, they're now Abominations, or references to Chaos), but apart from that it's the same game.

I'm not sure how the site works, but everything is a lot bigger, and some of the monsters have been renamed to make it less Warhammery (no Fimirs, they're now Abominations, or references to Chaos), but apart from that it's the same game.

Do you need the app to play solo? Or with groups?

I dont like the idea of needing something other than the board and miniatures.

I didn't even realise there was an app.

I haven't actually busted open the new one to actually play yet, but I'm assuming it's the same as the original where you don't need an app to play with other people. One player is essentially the dungeon master, then the other players play the good guys (Barbarian, Elf, Dwarf, Wizard). So 2-5 players.

You probably do need an app to play solo, the game isn't designed for single player.

I snagged an extension on this $US2 deal for this SRD hack:

The discount:

DriveThruRPG.com - Order Contents

The book:

Without knowing all the changes Id think just playing AD&D would be easier.

Or does it keep 5e but provide a new style of combat ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

89fdf6f8a7088e9e197b62dee0b25f19.jpg

Really enjoying Cascadia at the moment. Easy to learn, kids like it, pretty quick to smash out a game

Kickstarter arrival week wrapped up with Frostpunk Iceberg box (holds everything) and Wayfarers of the West Tigris. The West Kingdom trilogy was clearly better then the North Seas (IMO), with them having improved as they made more games, so will be interesting to see how the first of their new trilogy plays.

With these arrivals time for an updated set of shelfie shots.

A10A2E7E-31D4-48D2-A923-84CBB2A6863A.jpeg 55589DEB-51B3-4221-BFC0-FB9F7A1E6844.jpeg 3989AB51-DA04-4CC2-A42F-1071AF445F79.jpeg B5282231-B88A-4B64-9966-BCAD66699356.jpeg 6EF30B62-97DE-4C12-BB2D-7750E9B32493.jpeg 5DAD3654-71A0-48AD-81E0-34D7B8340F4B.jpeg

I cannot remember the last time I didn't get at least one game (or book) for Christmas, but here we are :tearsofjoy:

I did get enough Steam gift cards for Hogwarts Legacy though! Will wait for reviews first obviously, but that's the frontrunner!

Edit: Oops this is the board game thread. My bad! My 4 year old did get me Fishing for Floaters :straining:

Hows the game compare to Viticulture?
Dom Pierre? Haven't played Viticulture yet (or Distilled as only arrived yesterday). Though wife did say we need to get it to complete the theme and do enjoy Jamey Stegmaier games (plan to get his new Expeditions and currently with board gaming friends we've just started a Charterstone campaign).

Last edited:
Dom Pierre? Haven't played Viticulture yet (or Distilled as only arrived yesterday). Though wife did say we need to get it to complete the theme and do enjoy Jamey Stegmaier games (plan to get his new Expeditions and currently with boarding game friends we've just started a Charterstone campaign).

Viticulture would be in my top 2 favourites so a similar Distillery version would be cool.

By the looks Dom Pierre looks very very similar to Viticulture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back