Welcome: Which games do you have or want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ordered King of Tokyo. 30$ compared to 69$ at the nice little games shop I went to (and have bought from).
I got a copy at $40 for a backup Christmas present. I think version 2 is coming out at some point?

This is on top of my to buy list. What was the shop?
Newish games shop in queensberry st north melbourne. Nice shop with good range and they seem to know their games in and out.

Also when I say $30 online it was actually $36. Indeed it was the 2016 reprint version. Not sure whether it is as good as the original version.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recently got Fury of Dracula 2nd edition. Just need 4 vampire hunters :)
We played this a while ago - we completely stuffed up the fighting. Three different people read the section and we still got it wrong.

We played this a while ago - we completely stuffed up the fighting. Three different people read the section and we still got it wrong.
I find Arkham Horror to be like that. Still not 100% sure i play it right. Talisman can also be tricky because you kind of know what your doing so just bumble through anyway. My mate didnt realise there was a difference between the strength/craft value and strength/craft.

A friend and myself have played 2 games of Xwing. (this is a different one to the one from a week ago who actually knows the rules).
We've decided to call our games CheatBowl.
First game i forgot that you could only do maneuvers that were on your card, so my x-wing and y-wing were using evade, focus etc without any problems. I didnt use barrel roll or anything that wasn't on one of the little icon. I realised right at the end after i'd beaten him without losing a ship :)
2nd game he had these bad boys http://i0.wp.com/www.tabletopgeneral.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Dual-IG-2000s.jpg?w=948 both crazy upgraded. He didnt realise the whole game that none of his weapons were turrets (he was happily blowing my tie fighters and interceptors to pieces).
"Are any of them turrets?"
"None of them..."

Have had game nights with friends from time to time, but recently started playing board games on Tabletop Simulator. It fantastic, there's pretty much anything you can think of, and if it isn't there you can make it yourself.

Playing on there inspired me, so I've ordered real life versions of
Munchkin Deluxe
Zombie Dice
Resistance
Loot Letter (Munchkin themed love letter)

Have enjoyed Pandemic on TTS, and also Secret Hitler. I'm keen to play the Firefly board game on there as I've enjoyed that one IRL.

If anyone is keen for some online board gaming, let me know!

Went on a little spree of adding games to my Amazon cart and ordered a few more.

Have now

Munchkin Deluxe
Zombie Dice
Resistance
Loot Letter

In the mail
Forbidden Island
Forbidden Desert
Coup
Pandemic

Likely next Amazon order
Coup Reformation
Concept
Codenames
Sushi Go
Roll For It Deluxe

Sitting in my wish list
Munchkin Panic
Last Night on Earth
Munchkin Quest
Dead of Winter
Carcassonne
Monty Python Fluxx

Games Workshop and Fantasy Flight games partnership is ending, so you should snap up any of those properties you are interested in - one to play with, and one to sell on eBay for lots in a few years time :)
One of the guys at Milsims mentioned that to me when I was there last weekend. Apparently was announced the night prior. Forgot to share the intel here.

As it happens I'd gone in to buy Blood Bowl Team Manager (a GW/FFG game) and they'd sold their last copy. I managed to pick it up on Thursday though at Games World at Chadstone (20% off too).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back