Welcome: Which games do you have or want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
038fd1eb7433f54caaede0f67082afaf.jpg

Arrived a couple of weeks back, great game, love the artwork too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tiny Epic Zombies arrived in the mail... my guess is it will go on the shelf with the other recent ones and never be played... :)
Our house is a bit like that at the moment. We got some decent shelving finally for our game collection and at present we're just leaving Gloomhaven on the table all the time, not even bothering to pack it up, just changing from one scenario to the next. Other then Concentric the other week haven't played anything else for about a month.

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
Our house is a bit like that at the moment. We got some decent shelving finally for our game collection and at present we're just leaving Gloomhaven on the table all the time, not even bothering to pack it up, just changing from one scenario to the next. Other then Concentric the other week haven't played anything else for about a month.

What was Concentric like, haven't been before but was interested?

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What was Concentric like, haven't been before but was interested?

It’s good, although was only able to get to the one day this year. It’s 70% board games, about 25% RPG and maybe one or two war games (figures based). Everyone brings along games for everyone to play, so a good chance to try out games you don’t have.

They have a buy and sell as well, so good if you have any games you don’t get to the table you want to trade. Tickets sell in advance (usually by early September for the mid-September it is each year). Worth going to IMO.

Allan Shorty

All Australian
Sep 3, 2007
Chewin' qat in the outer
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What I got:
Azul
Flamme rouge
Terror in meeple city
Machi Koro
Ghost fighting treasure hunters
Memoir 44
Santorini
Scotland Yard
Kingdomino
Sushi go
Fake artist in New York
Forbidden island
Carcassone
Dragonwood
Takenoko
My little scythe
TTR
Linko
Hanabi
Stone Age
King of Tokyo
Hey that’s my fish
Santo Domingo

Mostly playable with small people. Still lack a few more good two player games.

What I got:
Azul
Flamme rouge
Terror in meeple city
Machi Koro
Ghost fighting treasure hunters
Memoir 44
Santorini
Scotland Yard
Kingdomino
Sushi go
Fake artist in New York
Forbidden island
Carcassone
Dragonwood
Takenoko
My little scythe
TTR
Linko
Hanabi
Stone Age
King of Tokyo
Hey that’s my fish
Santo Domingo

Mostly playable with small people. Still lack a few more good two player games.
Get Hive - my 8 year old loves it and actually beats me at it sometimes.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Forbidden Sky arrived yesterday, courtesy of the third prize winnings in the BigFooty tipping comp (thanks again Chief!). Keeping it aside as a Christmas present for the whole family (as the kids have enjoyed Forbidden Island and Desert). My other one on order from my winnings is the Forgotten Circles expansion for Gloomhaven (to arrive in February, which at the rate of getting through Gloomhaven will be started in February 2020).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Forbidden Sky arrived yesterday, courtesy of the third prize winnings in the BigFooty tipping comp (thanks again Chief!). Keeping it aside as a Christmas present for the whole family (as the kids have enjoyed Forbidden Island and Desert).
As someone who's enjoyed both Desert and Island, I was interested to see Sky for sale at PAX. Previously I wasn't aware of it. I read some reviews and, in general, they weren't glowing. But, as I haven't played it, I can't speak to their accuracy. Hopefully your family enjoys it.

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
1st & Goal

I recently picked up this, and one of its expansions, from Milsims. I like American Football and saw this game got a positive review on The Dice Tower, so thought I'd give it a go.

Mildly amusing anecdote: I actually pre-ordered the base game in September 2016. This was not long after Joe Dodgy acquired Milsims, so they hadn't confirmed what stock they actually had (compared to what was listed on the site). In the end it had to be ordered from the US and was due to arrive in early 2017. Alas, it wasn't in the shipping container. I'd sort of forgotten about it and just assumed it was never coming. This didn't really bother me as I hadn't put down any cash, and wasn't really a 'must have'. I was on the Milsims site last week and randomly saw one of the expansions listed. I thought I'd see if the base game was still on pre-order. Turns out it had arrived last month. Off to Milsims I went.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/95105/1st-goal

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So latest additions, for Christmas I got - Detective a Modern Crime board game.

images

For her birthday (just before Xmas) my wife got Heist and for Christmas she got Everdell. The 35+ degree weather this week a good excuse to avoid chores and spend gaming. :D

IMG_4462.JPG

Last edited:

Downhill Skier

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2018
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Inter , Padres
So latest additions, for Christmas I got - Detective a Modern Crime board game.

images

For her birthday (just before Xmas) my wife got Heist and for Christmas she got Everdell. The 35+ degree weather this week a good excuse to avoid chores and spend gaming. :D

IMG_4462.JPG
I watched the game night episode of Everdell and it looks really good for an engine building game

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Just bought Deception: Murder in Hong Kong

Cheaty Mages
Secret Hitler
Azul
Codenames
Mysterium
Captain is Dead
A list with a few 'social deduction' games in it I see.

I've only played Deception the once and want to try it again. First time round I'm not sure we had the 'right' group.

My housemate owns Mysterium. We'll be taking our first crack at it this weekend.

Back