Welcome: Which games do you have or want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Selling a basically brand new Shadows over Camelot.

Played once and it was a bit much for my family so if anyone is interested, PM me. Usually goes for about 100, so if you're thinking of getting a copy its a cheaper option for the same product.
Did you end up selling it?

Just bought 'Volt' because I wanted a programming game in my collection and I like the designer.
Also bought Final Act, a 2 player tank warfare type game that I know little about, but I liked the idea of it.

Guys I need help, this is quickly becoming a bit of an obsession. Recently bought a whole heap and I have the following on my watch list. Please let me know if you own/have played any and which ones I should stop watching and start buying!

Pillars of the Earth
Maracaibo
Robinson Crusoe
Marco Polo
Terra Mystica
Power Grid
Caverna
San Juan
Castles of Burgundy
Agricola
Terraforming Mars
Scythe
Concordia
Viticulture
Village
Everdell
Orleans
Le Havre
Caylus
Nusfjord

Any insights would be much appreciated!

Guys I need help, this is quickly becoming a bit of an obsession. Recently bought a whole heap and I have the following on my watch list. Please let me know if you own/have played any and which ones I should stop watching and start buying!

Pillars of the Earth
Maracaibo
Robinson Crusoe
Marco Polo
Terra Mystica
Power Grid
Caverna
San Juan
Castles of Burgundy
Agricola
Terraforming Mars
Scythe
Concordia
Viticulture
Village
Everdell
Orleans
Le Havre
Caylus
Nusfjord

Buy Powergrid. Sensational game.

Pillars of the Earth
Maracaibo
Robinson Crusoe
Marco Polo
Terra Mystica
Power Grid
Caverna
San Juan
Castles of Burgundy
Agricola
Terraforming Mars
Scythe
Concordia
Viticulture
Village
Everdell
Orleans
Le Havre
Caylus
Nusfjord

You should play the games you own a whole bunch to figure out what style of game you enjoy, then revisit your list. You'll save a lot of money and space that way.

Pillars of the Earth
Maracaibo
Robinson Crusoe
Marco Polo
Terra Mystica
Power Grid
Caverna
San Juan
Castles of Burgundy
Agricola
Terraforming Mars
Scythe
Concordia
Viticulture
Village
Everdell
Orleans
Le Havre
Caylus
Nusfjord

Own
PowerGrid - Excellent (proviso - 2 player mode is s**t, great with 3 or more).
Scythe - Good
Everdell - Excellent

Played
Agricola - Hate. One of a handful of games I refuse to play again.
Castles of Burgundy - Ok

Buy Powergrid. Sensational game.
It's definitely 'mathy' so may not suit all. It's German so efficiency is rewarded.

My 2nd time playing was against 3 guys who'd played it HEAPS. Pretty sure they knew the max to pay for every card. Thankfully they weren't dicks to the noob.

For Fathers day Jaws. Yes, that Jaws. :D 2 - 4 players, with one playing the Shark (which I did), the others control Brody, Hooper and Quint.
It's split into 2 acts. The first act as the Shark you are trying to eat as many swimmers around Amity Island as possible, before getting two barrels attached to you. The act ends with either 18 swimmers eaten or the 2 barrels attached. The more swimmers you have eaten the better for Act 2. I managed to have 16 tasty morsels, which was a good haul and setup for Act 2.

pic4805782.jpg

Act 2 is the Shark versus The Orca. The more swimmers eaten, the more Shark ability cards the shark get and the less Crew Gear card (weapons, chum etc.) the Crew get. As the shark you get to pick from one of 3 spots on the boat to attack each turn. The crew try and guess which one you pick, then roll to attack with any weapons if they picked right. Then the shark gets to attack. I managed to have them all guess correctly the first turn and roll well and me roll poorly, so I was behind from the start. I put a few holes in the boat and some nibbles on them across a few rounds, but in the end they didn't need a bigger boat as I bled out.

pic4581185.jpg

For my You're only 3 years off 50 present from the family Forgotten Waters. Yet to play, but I'm a sucker for scenario type games. This one a Pirate themed game. After having no Pirate themed games, now have this and also Tiny Epic Pirates arriving sometime next year from Kickstarter. Am I being tempted into a life of theft and debauchery? :think:

pic5443768.jpg

For my You're only 3 years off 50 present from the family Forgotten Waters. Yet to play, but I'm a sucker for scenario type games. This one a Pirate themed game. After having no Pirate themed games, now have this and also Tiny Epic Pirates arriving sometime next year from Kickstarter. Am I being tempted into a life of theft and debauchery? :think:

pic5443768.jpg
I just got this last week as well. Haven't got it to the table yet but looking forward to it. I also have Dead Reckoning backed on KS.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Backed Euthia: Torment of Resurrection the other month on Kickstarter.
Basically the Witcher video game series in a board game (I know that there is actually a Witcher board game).
I keep looking at Nemesis which I loved the look at during the Kickstarter campaign, however, was just too expensive and I'm not certain there are enough people in my circles to justify the purchase.

Basically the Witcher video game series in a board game (I know that there is actually a Witcher board game).
I keep looking at Nemesis which I loved the look at during the Kickstarter campaign, however, was just too expensive and I'm not certain there are enough people in my circles to justify the purchase.

Nemesis is great - a big favourite of my group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt I would love it (I backed it originally with $1 to leave the pledge option available for about six months after the campaign, but I never went any further).
I just don't know anyone else who would be up for it in my circles.

Yeah, fair enough, I can certainly understand not wanting to invest in a game that won't make the table.

I looked at Nemesis as well, but after dropping ~$600 to go all in on Dawn of Madness I couldn’t justify another several hundred dollar one to the other half in the same year. That’ll be going on the Deep Madness 3rd reprint to go all in on that next year. 🤪

I looked at Nemesis as well, but after dropping ~$600 to go all in on Dawn of Madness I couldn’t justify another several hundred dollar one to the other half in the same year. That’ll be going on the Deep Madness 3rd reprint to go all in on that next year. 🤪

Just like I went in for Nemesis Lockdown recently!

Pillars of the Earth
Maracaibo
Robinson Crusoe- Great game Tight though
Marco Polo
Terra Mystica
Power Grid- Good game. Havent played in ages.
Caverna - Excellent Rosenburg. Why did I sell this?
San Juan
Castles of Burgundy
Agricola- I prefer Caverna...but much tighter than Caverna
Terraforming Mars- One of my top5 of all time.
Scythe- Great game if you like territory style games.
Concordia
Viticulture- My #1 of all time
Village
Everdell
Orleans- Great with annoying randomness at times.
Le Havre- Long but great game.
Caylus- Not bad. Need to play more.
Nusfjord

After playing recently we've got Eight Minute Empire: Legends. As per the name, quick to play. An area control game. Lay out some islands, try to get control of most regions before you've drawn your card limit.

pic1708628.jpg

Then continuing the Red Raven games theme Islebound. Yet to get it out to play, but haven't had a Ryan Laukat game haven't liked yet and always love the art.

pic3259086.jpg

Can’t play just yet, but wife’s Christmas present have gotten for her has arrived. Architects of the West Kingdom (have already), Age of Artisans expansion, Paladins of the West Kingdom, the latest in the trilogy Viscounts of the West Kingdom, plus Tomesaga, which is a campaign and solo mode mini-expansion for all three. Plus metal coin upgrade from the default plastic ones.

First time had a Kickstarter arrive early, was a December estimated date. Still have one in order that’s should have been June and not yet, whilst others with future dates they’ve already said will be later then the original, the usual expected Kickstarter thing.

BC85E182-BC83-40E8-A2CD-66229014D656.jpeg

The wife picked up Horrified with birthday money from her mum. Family friendly co-op game we played at a gaming meet up, that all the family enjoyed.

Save the people from various monsters from legend (vampires, Frankenstein etc.). Not overly deep, but we find that co-op games tend to do better when playing with the kids. The all win or none win tends to lead to less angst. Of course more games and expansions on the way for Christmas, but will post those when they arrive or after opened. No such thing as too many games.

pic4875809.jpg

I’m a sports board game fan. Enjoying APBA Golf, Rallyman GT and Formula D at the moment.

Playing a lot of Axis and Allies 1942 online too.
My gaming group is right into Formula D - we are doing a Championship, so far 3 races in.

Axis & Allies is also a favourite of the group.

What's Rallyman GT like?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

I’m a sports board game fan. Enjoying APBA Golf, Rallyman GT and Formula D at the moment.

Playing a lot of Axis and Allies 1942 online too.
Perhaps try Flamme Rouge, a cycling Grand Tour style game.
My daughter loves a game called Monza, hoping we can get her into Rallyman soon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back