Toast Welcome Will Brodie

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
He's a lot stronger than some of our other younger players and has a harder edge than Blake Acres.
Should easily be in our best 22.
Good pick up.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's a lot stronger than some of our other younger players and has a harder edge than Blake Acres.
Should easily be in our best 22.
Good pick up.
Marshmallows have a harder edge than Acres...

Looking forward to seeing what this bloke can do.

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Hopefully a slightly better blakely is about all the hopes I have for him tbh but at least it does give us a bit more size in the middle if needed.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Bell referenced "burst speed". The good thing is that there's an opportunity in our midfield that he can fight for if he's good enough to get it - and Longmuir has tended to want to put players in the position they want to play.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
We need to replace Cerra's role, which is a bit different to what Brodie plays. The somewhat scary suggestion has been Tucker. I don't mind Tucker, but he's not as sharp a decision maker as Cerra.

I would strongly consider Wanganeen-Millera in the draft as the option for transitioning the ball from midfield forward. That's the skillset we have lost, and we're already weak in.

Brodie will rotate with Fyfe and Mundy, in fact he looks ideal for that. Obviously a downgrade but that's why he's free. Seems to have an excellent attitude and I look forward to seeing him mix it up for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I wouldn't go saying he's best 22, ultimately he wasn't getting games for GC and there might be a good reason why. Still it's a free hit for us and if he has a solid preseason and finds a role it could be a good move.
Since he was drafted Rowell and Greenwood were brought in and preferred. They have a pretty handy group of inside mids, and Brodie was consistently producing at VFL level. They also got rid of Lyons for zilch.

I'm hoping he is seen as someone we can still find development in and have Mundy, Fyfe or maybe Darcy/Brayshaw/Serong, take him under their wing and get him inside our best 22. Nice little project.

Freoboy in Melbs

Team Captain
Apr 7, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've decided Will Brodie is my new favourite Docker, well, at least for the pre-season. Not guaranteed to succeed but I love his story and his attitude.

Watched his interview and highlight videos, seems like a 'super' kid, with a 'super' attitude, he he. Luv luv luvved his attitude. Seems like a cool, calm customer too. Love that he didn't give up and worked his butt off to earn another opportunity. I reckon he epitomises determination and discipline and believe his attitude could be his biggest asset, and he's not too bad with the footy in his hands from what I saw.

Yep, I'm jumping on the Brodie train! Go fella!

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I've decided Will Brodie is my new favourite Docker, well, at least for the pre-season. Not guaranteed to succeed but I love his story and his attitude.

Watched his interview and highlight videos, seems like a 'super' kid, with a 'super' attitude, he he. Luv luv luvved his attitude. Seems like a cool, calm customer too. Love that he didn't give up and worked his butt off to earn another opportunity. I reckon he epitomises determination and discipline and believe his attitude could be his biggest asset, and he's not too bad with the footy in his hands from what I saw.

Yep, I'm jumping on the Brodie train! Go fella!
Could be fools gold, but for now he's nice and shiny.

Freoboy in Melbs

Team Captain
Apr 7, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Could be fools gold, but for now he's nice and shiny.
Oh come aaawn, lets be positive. He might be the biggest dud but why say that now, when the kid's probably pumped as to be getting a second shot. Let's give him our positivity and support. We'll have plenty of time to lay the boots in at his first turnover mistake. But for now, lets celebrate his arrival at least, yeah?

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Cautiously optimistic.

In terms of draft picks we basically got payed to take him, so if he becomes a consistent part of our 22 working on-ball with Brayshaw and Serong it's a huge win and if he doesn't fire a shot we don't lose anything of value.

Rate the move more than a potential SPS one. Brodie seems to be of decent character so if it doesn't work out I don't think it'll be because he didn't try.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Oh come aaawn, lets be positive. He might be the biggest dud but why say that now, when the kid's probably pumped as to be getting a second shot. Let's give him our positivity and support. We'll have plenty of time to lay the boots in at his first turnover mistake. But for now, lets celebrate his arrival at least, yeah?
Already celebrated it. See above. And typically I don't lay the boots into our players. You're thinking of someone else.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Someone mentioned Redden as a comparison. I'd take that. We need a large extractor who tackles all day. He fits the bill.
Redden had played 129 senior games already when West Coast traded him in at, excluding his first season, 22.5 touches and 6.5 tackles per game. Bit more of a known quantity!

Freoboy in Melbs

Team Captain
Apr 7, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Already celebrated it. See above. And typically I don't lay the boots into our players. You're thinking of someone else.
Fair cop. I didn't realise until later you were being positive earlier in the thread. Was just tryng to drum up some positive spirit for a new, eager young hopeful.

He's got a mongrel-arse bod on him (trying to be blokey about it, he he). Reckon he could carve up some opponents with a bit of influence, guidance and mentoring from Fyfe and Mundy. Huge upside. Fingers crossed.

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Redden had played 129 senior games already when West Coast traded him in at, excluding his first season, 22.5 touches and 6.5 tackles per game. Bit more of a known quantity!
Yep that's true. Having a look at what Brodie has produced at AFL level to date in his career, I'd say there's a fair chance he could be 20d 5 tackle a game player.

Absolutely no continuity for him so far which leads me to believe there is upside too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back