Toast Welcome Will Brodie

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair cop. I didn't realise until later you were being positive earlier in the thread. Was just tryng to drum up some positive spirit for a new, eager young hopeful.

He's got a mongrel-arse bod on him (trying to be blokey about it, he he). Reckon he could carve up some opponents with a bit of influence, guidance and mentoring from Fyfe and Mundy. Huge upside. Fingers crossed.
There's nothing more positive to say about a player than seeing them as potential Fyfe/Mundy replacements.

Anyone who's idolised Barlow growing up and isn't afraid of hard work is welcome here in my book. Very, very few players ever show the kind of heart, dedication and in & under grunt that Micky did... (still the best mudlark I've ever seen. I still tear up sometimes remembering that impromptu standing ovation a stadium of Freo fans gave Micky, in the very last game he ever played *against* Freo).

If Brodie shows half Barlow's heart and just a third of his talent in the wet, then he's a keeper!

Welcome to your spiritual home Brodie mate, you are more than welcome. Look forward to seeing you get the best out of yourself and proving all the doubters wrong. Respect! 👍👍

We need to replace Cerra's role, which is a bit different to what Brodie plays. The somewhat scary suggestion has been Tucker. I don't mind Tucker, but he's not as sharp a decision maker as Cerra.

I would strongly consider Wanganeen-Millera in the draft as the option for transitioning the ball from midfield forward. That's the skillset we have lost, and we're already weak in.

Brodie will rotate with Fyfe and Mundy, in fact he looks ideal for that. Obviously a downgrade but that's why he's free. Seems to have an excellent attitude and I look forward to seeing him mix it up for us.

like you really had eyes on Brodie prior to his being drafted and glad we now have him (GCS should never have drafted him-they don't know how to use big bodied mids). He may be a really good fit for us. W-M too yes :thumbsu:

We need to replace Cerra's role, which is a bit different to what Brodie plays. The somewhat scary suggestion has been Tucker. I don't mind Tucker, but he's not as sharp a decision maker as Cerra.

I would strongly consider Wanganeen-Millera in the draft as the option for transitioning the ball from midfield forward. That's the skillset we have lost, and we're already weak in.

Brodie will rotate with Fyfe and Mundy, in fact he looks ideal for that. Obviously a downgrade but that's why he's free. Seems to have an excellent attitude and I look forward to seeing him mix it up for us.
I’ve thought about this a lot (replacing Cerras style of play).
Matt Johnson is the most similar player I’ve seen in draft highlight videos.
Not sure he makes his decisions as instantly as Cez but he’s able to pull off very similar kicks.
maybe Josh Rachele could do the job too.
Agree we need someone to do it though.
NWM looks very outside type.

Not sure he makes his decisions as instantly as Cez but he’s able to pull off very similar kicks.
I like Johnson and agree with the observation about Cerra. He looks significantly slower than Wanganeen-Millera and less evasive.

Anyone who's idolised Barlow growing up and isn't afraid of hard work is welcome here in my book. Very, very few players ever show the kind of heart, dedication and in & under grunt that Micky did... (still the best mudlark I've ever seen. I still tear up sometimes remembering that impromptu standing ovation a stadium of Freo fans gave Micky, in the very last game he ever played *against* Freo).

If Brodie shows half Barlow's heart and just a third of his talent in the wet, then he's a keeper!

Welcome to your spiritual home Brodie mate, you are more than welcome. Look forward to seeing you get the best out of yourself and proving all the doubters wrong. Respect! 👍👍
Wasn’t that Crowls when he pinged his hammy?

We have a unicorn on our list already that can play Cerras role if he gets a full pre season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bloke with a big body that can and does tackle!!!!! WOW bring him on.
A few big bodies at Freo all ready, but tacklers!!!!!!

Huh!!

Really???

...could have sworn that was Barlow.

Crowls deserved one too, but ...how the F*** did I get that wrong?? :think::think:

********** ...I'm officially old. :confused::confused:

Crowley pinged his hamstring and got a standing ovation as he walked around the boundary to the rooms.

Crowley pinged his hamstring and got a standing ovation as he walked around the boundary to the rooms.
Yeah I remember the event... But till now I could swear it happened to Barlow not Crowley.

Your memory likes to play tricks on you over time... clearly mine thinks it's fu****g hilarious. 🙄🙄

Oh well - welcome again Brodie!

Last edited:
There's definitely something there, plus his attitude appears to be top notch.

It will be a good test for our development regime to see how he goes from here. If we get it right, there's no doubt he will be a best 22 player.

Will's VFL stats from this year. Got a bit of the pill at that level. Not sure about his "position" though, 41 disposals and 10 tackles from full bac k seems suspicious.
View attachment 1254749
Brodie was the Suns’ VFL Player of the Year, averaging 31.7 disposals and six tackles per game. His biggest weakness seems to be defensive running. With a really good preseason he could be exactly what our midfield needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back