News Wylie Buzza signs with Southport

Remove this Banner Ad

Im hoping hes not going to be another Adam Cockshell.
Balance of probabilities is that he is likely to be more that, than Warren Tredrea. If we have a healthy squad, can't see him getting more than 2-5 games.

Best case scenario for Buzza is probably a Levi Casboult type. Levi's no superstar but he's played 100+ games as a KPF at AFL level, which would have made him quite clearly our third best KPF of this decade if he'd done it here. If we got a Casboult level player as a DFA I'd be pretty happy with it.
I was talking to a Carlton trainer before a Carlton match & he was telling me that Sav Rocco was coaching him re his kicking. Whenever Levi got the ball that day and within kicking distance he was slotting them - all on or past the 50 metre arc.
Get Levi as a part time kicking coach as I’m sure he could pass on some valuable tips to our younger forwards, hell even some of our older forwards!
Edit. Looks like I’m repeating what posters were already saying!

"I don't want to be a dud. I'm happy to be a cult hero, I just don't want to be a bad cult hero," he said.

9 games in 4 seasons.

He was so good that Geelong delisted him so rival clubs can snap him up. Thanks Geelong. :thumbsu:

Wooo, lets get excited Port fans. Wingard and Polec out, now Howard and a wasted Frampton, but wooooohoooo we've got Wylie Buzza.
Who? ...

Realistically

How many games do you see Buzz getting next year?
Realistically, two or three if we have injuries. But then the unknown is....
1) Hinkleys whacked out selection policy! Could be zero if Ken doesn't like his hair! Or 10 if he buys Ken a case of Coke Zero!
2) The Buzz take the first opportunity he gets and plays like a legend to seal a spot

In other words, we have bugger all of an idea!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically, two or three if we have injuries. But then the unknown is....
1) Hinkleys whacked out selection policy! Could be zero if Ken doesn't like his hair! Or 10 if he buys Ken a case of Coke Zero!
2) The Buzz take the first opportunity he gets and plays like a legend to seal a spot

In other words, we have bugger all of an idea!
I think you are saying he does not work to a structure to maximise the use of the potential of his players and use depth to maintain consistent performance.

I don’t think he plays a game without an injury to Marshall/Dixon. So will probably get 4-5 in all likelihood.

Hopefully he destroys the SANFL and wins a spot tho.

VFL outfit Southport have pulled off a significant coup for the 2024 season, signing the captain of a state rival in former Geelong and Port Adelaide-listed forward Wylie Buzza.

Buzza has joined the Sharks for the 2024 season after a strong two-year stint with Brisbane's VFL squad, where he booted 51 goals from 38 appearances to rank among the competition's best goalkickers.

VFL outfit Southport have pulled off a significant coup for the 2024 season, signing the captain of a state rival in former Geelong and Port Adelaide-listed forward Wylie Buzza.

Buzza has joined the Sharks for the 2024 season after a strong two-year stint with Brisbane's VFL squad, where he booted 51 goals from 38 appearances to rank among the competition's best goalkickers.
We know how to breed good footballers at Port 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back