News Wylie Buzza signs with Southport

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of which...
Fox footy had the 94 Prelim between the cats and bulldogs on the other night - I caught the last quarter...... Ken had one disposal.... a handball that went straight to the opposition.

I wonder if he was actually any good as a player? Or is it inline with his dud coaching prowess?
Hinkley was a very good back flanker. Could take a good mark for his size.

Not necessarily. For every Schulz there are ten Toumpi who just never live up to the hype.
Nah Schulz had played some good games at Richmond pretty sure I remember him kicking 7 in one game & even playing well at CHB for a spell.

Nah Schulz had played some good games at Richmond pretty sure I remember him kicking 7 in one game & even playing well at CHB for a spell.

He was still looking like a bit of bust at the time we got him though and the price we paid is testament to that. I’m just saying that we shouldn’t discount the possibility of Buzza turning it on just because he wasn’t a first rounder. We all know of very late round picks and even rookies who’d go top 10 in a retrospective.

He was still looking like a bit of bust at the time we got him though and the price we paid is testament to that. I’m just saying that we shouldn’t discount the possibility of Buzza turning it on just because he wasn’t a first rounder. We all know of very late round picks and even rookies who’d go top 10 in a retrospective.
He looked like the type that would let you down perhaps playing second fiddle to Richo never suited him but you knew he could clunk it & kick at least, I'm not being smart after the fact he far exceeded what I thought when he came here but it was a good trade he was a rated youngster not a Buzzer, Frampo project type background tall.

He was the epitome of moneyball, albeit falling in our laps by mutual default.

A pair of elite attributes (marking, set shot), played out of position and out of favour at his previous club. Cost peanuts by way of trade and salary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was the epitome of moneyball, albeit falling in our laps by mutual default.

A pair of elite attributes (marking, set shot), played out of position and out of favour at his previous club. Cost peanuts by way of trade and salary.
Robert Walls never wanted anyone to fail as much as Schulzy either another winning over aspect.

He looked like the type that would let you down perhaps playing second fiddle to Richo never suited him but you knew he could clunk it & kick at least, I'm not being smart after the fact he far exceeded what I thought when he came here but it was a good trade he was a rated youngster not a Buzzer, Frampo project type background tall.

Beater (gettin’ my REH-naming on) seems to have a pretty decent and long kick on him so that’s a plus especially for us. Outside of Houston I don’t really have much faith in anyone taking a shot from 50 onwards.

Those hands though, in the few clips I’ve seen anyway, leave a lot to be desired.

Beater (gettin’ my REH-naming on) seems to have a pretty decent and long kick on him so that’s a plus especially for us. Outside of Houston I don’t really have much faith in anyone taking a shot from 50 onwards. Those hands though, in the few clips I’ve seen anyway, they leave a lot to be desired.
Lets hope he kills it but he looks unco & a downgrade on Frampton to me but who knows. I think it's gonna be hard to get much of a sighter to be honest I don't see him playing anything but SANFL as per our talls philosophy.

Howard was a tall defender who left the club because we didn't need a tall defender and he was told he'd have to play as a forward to get a game yet you are saying that Buzza, recruited as a forward, could be the tall defender we need. :think:

Where have you read that the club doesn't think we need a tall defender? AFL experts are saying its an area that we need to target. Yes, Buzza is coming in as a forward but I wouldnt be suprised if he finds himself in the back line. Unless we can find another ready to go tall defender we are going to be exposed at times this year.

Beater (gettin’ my REH-naming on) seems to have a pretty decent and long kick on him so that’s a plus especially for us.

Lol, this is great.

His marking looks clumsy. Double grabs galore.

Yeah, the double grabbing is a bit of a worry. Obviously he managed to hold them all in his highlights package, but that's a highlights package. Makes me wonder how many he should've taken but dropped and therefore they didn't make the highlights.

welcome to the club Wylie Buzza …

all I expect from him in 2020 is

1) if Playing for the Magpies take pressure of Marshall & Hayes with any double / triple team (and kick a goal or two)
2) if Playing for the Power help stop the double / triple team of Dixon (and kick a goal or two)
3) if playing the cows in the SANFL / AFL - crash the packs and kick 3 or more goals
4) if playing a full season of SANFL & AFL kick 30 goals total

Remove this Banner Ad

Back