News Welcome Zane Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Says he'll be playing tomorrow.
Might be a good move strategically if he can't in for Evans

Bring a kid straight in off the msd and you can divert heat later for making an older side

Says he'll be playing tomorrow.

I assume he will play in the curtain raiser notthe afl but still will be good to see him out there for us.

I assume he will play in the curtain raiser notthe afl but still will be good to see him out there for us.

Watching that vid was a bit sureal... it was like first day at school or work or something ..except some of the faces would have been known to him. Joel Selwood coming over and welcoming him with warm handshake just another confirmation of his leadership

I was skeptical in the other thread that we really needed another small forward alongside Close, Stengle, Dahlhaus, Higgins, Miers, Rohan, Dempsey, and Evans. But I've been looking at his stats for WWT for 2021 and there's a lot there that I like. He gets on the scoreboard regularly. Kicks to handballs are 2:1, which suggests he's not going to faff about handballing away all the time. Averages 6 or 7 tackles a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks neat.

He reminds me alot of the nuggety hard edged richmond mozzie small forwards during their premiership years. He looks to love it when the ball hits the deck and goes to town harrassing and has a decent amount of zip to go with it. You can see the appeal and draw we had to him.

He was a mad Geelong supporter growing up. 👍
I like that even more now!
I was skeptical in the other thread that we really needed another small forward alongside Close, Stengle, Dahlhaus, Higgins, Miers, Rohan, Dempsey, and Evans. But I've been looking at his stats for WWT for 2021 and there's a lot there that I like. He gets on the scoreboard regularly. Kicks to handballs are 2:1, which suggests he's not going to faff about handballing away all the time. Averages 6 or 7 tackles a game.
Yeah, I was the same when you look at the headline stats in SANFL seniors, but if you look at his U18 stats where presumably he was playing high half forward and midfielder, and he was getting big numbers and banging goals.

Avg 20 touches, 1.6 goals, 80% DE, 4.4 tackles, 3.6 clearances, Avg Ranking 97pts. That's juicy - if he can ever graduate to midfield again.

Favourite early bit of Zane content is in his introductory interview when they ask him about being a mad Cat fan growing up and his reply basically being 'yeah I cried after all those prelims we've lost', then his face immediately dropping as he realised bringing up our finals record probably wasn't the greatest idea on his first day on the job.

Me too. Issie is a hoot-what a ripper guy...does everything with a smile.
In future they’ll just call Best Clubman awards The Issie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back