News Welcome Zane Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is a smart pickup.

Let’s be honest, Evans and Miers aren’t really cutting the mustard. They could potentially be interested in developing Dempsey as a midfielder, bit like Gaz Jnr.

There’s definitely an opening for Zane.

I'd say Dempsey is more Heeney or Rozee than Gaz Jnr. Probably 70/30 forward mid like those guys are.

Still early days so who knows where he'll end up...but from what I've seen and the gifts he possesses he does look like more of a burst player than an accumulator or inside bull.

Plus, guys with his gifts as forwards are far harder to find than midfielders. We'll most likely go midfielder heavy at the draft and trade table again this year as Lappin indicated.

Billy as in Billy Dee Williams?

Billy Zane .

Season 2 John Justice Wheeler GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was an under 15s game on the weekend:

How in the hell did they sign off on games going ahead in that weather?

I’ve never heard of any game being called off for weather over here.
I played in much worse conditions in school footy in Ballarat back in the day!

I remember playing through sleet/snow conditions up there a couple of times. I still remember kicking a torp on the wing to David Mitchell (ex VFL) once and the wind took care of most if it, but I reckon I roosted my largest ever kick that day, it would've been 60m no jokes. I couldn't kick that far either, 45m usually.

I think Williams will go alright actually, he might need a year under our system though and a bit of size. I think he will be more a crumbing and midfielder type though.

I played in much worse conditions in school footy in Ballarat back in the day!
ha ha -yeah. I've been to plenty of early Sunday morning under 9/11/13 games in the Macedon ranges in all sorts of conditions including a covering of half-inch of snow on the ground. Some pretty soft types on this board ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back