Well done Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Very good win. You cant knock the victory...it was a good win.

BUT..(there is a but), crows only played 1 quarter of great football yet again. Crows were getting beaten pretty thouroughly up until about 6 or 7 minutes into the third quarter when richmond just stopped and Adelaide took complete control. Last time i saw a third quarter like that was Port v Centrals last year, and the 97/98 grand finals. Awesome...i was just in utter shock, speechless. If the crows could produce that style of football more often then they will be atop 8 side...only problem is they only can ever play that well for a quarter at a most. YOu look at this year so far every game Adelaide has kicked a number of goals in a row at some stage, but have been rather unimpressive for the rest of games. WHEN Adelaide can produce that for more than a quarter then they will go places.

Pissweak by Richmond to let that happen. You cant let opposition midfielders a free run at the ball for a whole quarter. That just proves that Richmond are just the average side theyve been for way too long.

YOu look at the first half, and its hard to find an Adelaide winner other than maybe Burton who had 8 marks till halftime. Mcleod got the ball a lot but didnt use it once in the first half.
Ottens was kililng everyone up forward, as was richo, tivendale was playing well and Cameron gave Jarman a bath all night i thought.

But that third quarter...definatly the best quarter of football played all year by ANY club in the comp. And will be hard to beat. To be 30 points down, then finish 30 points up. Only quarter i can think of that matches it is Port v Brisbane in the first round when Port kicked 10 goals to 0 score in the third quarter.

Congrats Adelaide...they are definatly back in the pack, but i think they have a way to go, and need to find some consistency in their play.

Richardson - will that be his last game in an Adelaide guernsey?? Could well be. Highly unimpressive. The guy is just too slow, only big guy slower i have seen is Laurie Keene i reckon.
Matt Richoardson is about the same height and weight but is many times more mobile and fast.

It seems that Adelaides risk could of been a dud. But thems the breaks, you take the risk it can or cannot come good. This time round it didnt come good.
I still stand by my prediction...but if adelaide can win a few games in the next few weeks they will be pretty hard to beat

Umm, Macca, Port kicked 10 goals to 4, not 0, in the 3rd quarter against Brisbane.

I also disagree with your asssertion that we only played good for 1 quarter. We dominated for 1 quarter and played well for 2 1/2. Only in the last half of the 3rd were we beaten. Of course our kicking for goal disguised our good play somewhat meaning we were down on the scoreboard most of the first half. It was also pleasing to see a big score even without input from Vardy (Gaspar was brilliant in shutting him down, barely gave him a sniff), who should hopefully play better in the future :)

As for McLeod apart from his goalkicking (2 posters, gah) he played and absolute belter, even in the first half he had 3 different opponents put on him he was so damaging.

Good to see Burton back and playing well, and also Johnson (played really well in bursts off the bench) who can hopefully start playing full games soon and consistantly.

Richardson... well it would be and understatement to say he could have been better :)
He will of course be dropped, and its doubtful we will see him again. Shame after he worked so hard to get picked up. I wonder if Hewitt will get a recall, although he really hasnt done anything special in the SANFL, maybe Welsh will come back in.

Garth

I dont agree that adelaide dont play like that very often as the only reason it isnt noted is because we actually kicked straight for a change, we usually dont get the score on the board
WELL DONE ADELAIDE

Originally posted by Garth
Umm, Macca, Port kicked 10 goals to 4, not 0, in the 3rd quarter against Brisbane.

ah so it was. My memory is getting the better of me...time to lay off the grog for a while!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back