Remove this Banner Ad

97-98

All Australian
Oct 11, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thank you channel nine for not showing the ladies semi-finals live.:thumbsdown:

And thank you for broadcasting tonight's men's semi-final at 11:30pm and showing the must watched drama "The Closer" on at 10:30.:mad:

I'm sure you'll show viewers the same respect as you did last night and show it on delay.:rolleyes:

The sooner you stop bidding on Wimbledon coverage and let Foxsport have full rights, the better.

Thank you channel nine for not showing the ladies semi-finals live.:thumbsdown:

And thank you for broadcasting tonight's men's semi-final at 11:30pm and showing the must watched drama "The Closer" on at 10:30.:mad:

I'm sure you'll show viewers the same respect as you did last night and show it on delay.:rolleyes:

The sooner you stop bidding on Wimbledon coverage and let Foxsport have full rights, the better.

Can't believe the Sunday Mail, whilst admitting the tennis was shown in delay, actually gave credit to Channel 9 for showing a minimum of ads during the coverage.

Sports on Anti-Siphoning list (a list designed to protect TV coverage of the sport) = Sports which aren't shown in full or live

living in WA, its been just as worse with the coverage. Basically we didnt get any live coverage until the Haas V Djokokvic and Hewitt V Roddick matches.

Dont understand why they cant show it live, and give these other programmes as miss for 2 weeks.

living in WA, its been just as worse with the coverage. Basically we didnt get any live coverage until the Haas V Djokokvic and Hewitt V Roddick matches.

Dont understand why they cant show it live, and give these other programmes as miss for 2 weeks.

Exactly, Its not like It's prime time programming they have to cancel, just from about 9:30 onwards

On the first two nights we were treated like idiots and lied to as the commentators called the match off a monitor and pretended to be live. After that it seems to have been better, except for the late starting times. But last night they went back to delayed telecast which is just unforgiveable for semi finals. In the age of the internet we already know what is happening in these matches live as they happen. I can't bear to turn on the TV and start again with a match I am already half way into, so I just switch off and don't bother to watch. Tonight the telecast will start half way through the Federer match and there is no good programming reason for this - a repeat of a movie and an American crime show. Will it be live when it finally starts, will it be delayed, does anyone know??? I am fed up with channel nine over their coverage of Wimbeldon and I have decided not to tune in to anything on the station anymore. I have never felt so strongly about be treated this way be a TV station before. The wheels have really fallen off at Channel nine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Saints v Geelong is live. My usual source, finalsiren.com has the game listed as the usual 2:10pm.

weeks back the afl and channel 7 changed the time of the game to 3.10 so that it could be shown live so i dunno wat ur talkin bout

what i'm talking about, which i thought was quite clear, is that my main source for AFL stuff is finalsiren.com.

I hadn't heard that the game was moved to 3:10, and I don't visit afl.com.au, and finalsiren.com had the wrong time listed (which I've let them know about).

Yeah Saints v Geelong is live. My usual source, finalsiren.com has the game listed as the usual 2:10pm.

Yeah, that confused me as well.

But today in Ross Lyon's interview he said "we'll find at at 3 on Sunday".

I am surprised how people think channel 9 will treat AFL coverage any different to 7's coverage. 9 did the same thing by showing games on a Friday night at 8.40. And if I remember correctly, they used to have a bunch of pre-game crap on Friday nights and would often start game coverage at 8.50. 7 made the promise to show the game at 8.40 every week and they have stuck to that.

And as for the Sunday coverage, 9 used to have 2 games to cover and that is why they would have to show 1 game live at 1.10. The rights deal was different this time round with only 1 FTA game on Sundays and 7 have shown the game in full from 3 which I see no problem with.

As for the tennis coverage, it has been rubbish, showing matches on delay acting like they are live and having to listen to those rubbish commentators is frustrating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back