Well done Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

On your first win for 2001. Game seemed a little shaky, a bit back and forth in the first three quarters, noone really breaking free. Wasnt a very skillful occasion for the first three quarters. Crows did well in last quarter to break out a big enough lead to win the game. Still a bit unsure about Richardson. Jarman was interesting at half back.

A win is a win, but i wouldnt say it looked extremly promising. I really liked Ladhams...he showed enough last week to suggest he could be a player, and he followed it up with a great performance tonight. Was very ping pongy game, noone could really penetrate the defences. First quarter was a shocker...Crows shoulda had a BIG lead outta that.

I must say your forward line looks a little shaky. That is the main problem. Out of three games..your forward players (Richo, Perrie, Robran etc...not midfielders) have kicked 10 goals out of 30.
If you can fix that, then your team will look a lot sharper.
Your midfield looks a LOT stronger without Connell, James, Koster and with Ladhams and Bode and Mcleod playing from the centre.
Defence...didnt look too closely at it, but you won so that must mean they did alright
smile.gif

Well done Adelaide on getting back on the winning list

Originally posted by Macca19:
On your first win for 2001. Game seemed a little shaky, a bit back and forth in the first three quarters, noone really breaking free. Wasnt a very skillful occasion for the first three quarters. Crows did well in last quarter to break out a big enough lead to win the game. Still a bit unsure about Richardson. Jarman was interesting at half back.

A win is a win, but i wouldnt say it looked extremly promising. I really liked Ladhams...he showed enough last week to suggest he could be a player, and he followed it up with a great performance tonight. Was very ping pongy game, noone could really penetrate the defences. First quarter was a shocker...Crows shoulda had a BIG lead outta that.

I must say your forward line looks a little shaky. That is the main problem. Out of three games..your forward players (Richo, Perrie, Robran etc...not midfielders) have kicked 10 goals out of 30.
If you can fix that, then your team will look a lot sharper.
Your midfield looks a LOT stronger without Connell, James, Koster and with Ladhams and Bode and Mcleod playing from the centre.
Defence...didnt look too closely at it, but you won so that must mean they did alright
smile.gif

Well done Adelaide on getting back on the winning list

Some good objective points there Macca, you and Carb must be the only Port people who would be sensible enough to make those comments. I've already posted my ideas on another thread but I don't think you were too far off with what you wrote.

Macca,

This from the realfooty website:

"The Bulldogs, who used two loose men in defence, did not get their first score - a point to Brad Johnson - until the 22-minute of the first term."

I think this is the reason Adelaides forward line might have looked a bit "shaky" to oyu - they were outnumbered, or at the very least overcrowded.

I've got to say I don't think much of these "flood the backlines" tactics that some AFL coaches seem to have adopted. I don't think it works anyway, and it certainly didn't work for Wallace tonight.

It did very nearly work for Eade last week though, what happened there for Port to let the Swans to very nearly pinch that game?

Originally posted by ant:
Some good objective points there Macca, you and Carb must be the only Port people who would be sensible enough to make those comments. I've already posted my ideas on another thread but I don't think you were too far off with what you wrote.

Well i dont take the 'crows won hence they must of cheated' attitude. I like to be objective...i tend to just say what i think at the time

Macca are you sure your'e not a Crow supporter?. You seem to report an awful lot on their games and players.

Originally posted by carb70:
Macca are you sure your'e not a Crow supporter?. You seem to report an awful lot on their games and players.

hehe, mate i hate evrything blue red and gold. I write a lot about em, cos i guess i see a lot of crow s**t everywhere. I like to write reports and stuff not just on adelaide based teams...and i know a few crows players personally from school and stuff. But, i do hope they finish bottom!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back