Well done guys. Congrats to Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Outstanding Effort from the Dockers today
And Sandi was brilliant in the ruck. The best game of footy i have seen all year
Good luck for the rest of the finals

Small Element??? It was the main focus of the whole week for Geelong media and supporters and it went beyond simple trash talk - the Mock a Docker ad for example. There was even Facebook pages dedicated to it all - bagging freo out!

Nothing different to what goes on in Perth. Without doubt the most feral and inhospitable media and supporters in the land. You only have to listen to the commentary on radio of perth games here in Victoria. Makes me sick to be honest. You just happened to play in the equivalent environment in Geelong. No big deal. You won the game. That's all that matters.

Nothing different to what goes on in Perth. Without doubt the most feral and inhospitable media and supporters in the land. You only have to listen to the commentary on radio of perth games here in Victoria. Makes me sick to be honest. You just happened to play in the equivalent environment in Geelong. No big deal. You won the game. That's all that matters.

Best of luck to you beat the blues

Congats guys.

Firstly, congrats for geting straight through to a prelim. It's huge. And history backs it up
as much as I want to win, i love seeing sides that haven't had enough success get some.

s**t game by Geelong (coach wise)
Great game by Freo.
Umpiring had no impact.

You shut down Bartel. Selwood, Johnson, Enright, Motlop.
All in one go. I'm not sure that has been done before.

And I hope all Freo supporters in Cat land are treated with respect.

Thanks for being a good sport but lets be honest the umpiring was a joke in the 1st half.

Outstanding Effort from the Dockers today
And Sandi was brilliant in the ruck. The best game of footy i have seen all year
Good luck for the rest of the finals

A great thing is seeing so many other team supporters on the Freo board paying respect. I'm stoked that others can see how much effort Freo have put in to get where they are.

Congats guys.

Firstly, congrats for geting straight through to a prelim. It's huge. And history backs it up
as much as I want to win, i love seeing sides that haven't had enough success get some.

s**t game by Geelong (coach wise)
Great game by Freo.
Umpiring had no impact.

You shut down Bartel. Selwood, Johnson, Enright, Motlop.
All in one go. I'm not sure that has been done before.

And I hope all Freo supporters in Cat land are treated with respect.

First good post I've seen from a Geelong supporter in ages

Large balls :thumbsu:

Actually the media in Perth only give a stuff about West Coast... and you sir - can piss off.

Great game, felt like I was only Melbourne based supporter that gave you guys a chance, oh well my pockets are laughing now and will be even more so when you reach the grand final, your team has everything that finals footy is all about, good luck and hope to see Pav holding that cup up in 3 weeks time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've no issue with treatment at the ground - but in the media this week, and from Geelong supporters everywhere, Freo were treated with severe disrespect. If anything it probably fuelled the club.

I havent seen the West Australian Newspaper publish rubbish like the geelong advertiser did this week, and the West is a pretty bad read!

Who needs tissues now? Who wants to mock a Docker now?

I just dont think we need to hear "oh well done, good game" from Geelong people now after they showed pathetic sportsmanship during the week. Bit late for that now, the seed has been sown, bridge burnt, whatever.

Stop sooking.

You know what, I can say "thanks" and "ok" to the OP, but to Geelong as a whole - the club, the town, etc they showed us nothing but disrespect and got exactly what they deserved.
Choke on a fat one.
Who needs tissues now and who wants to mock a Docker now?

Mate, I've been to Geelong about 10 times to watch the Eagles play Geelong. Let me tell you I hate them with a passion. I hate them more then any other team in the AFL. When they won their first flag in what ever how many years it was I was sick to my stomach. I'm so glad you beat them today!!!!!

vinum coupe - you have carried yourself with grace and respect on our board through the massive s**t fight between the supporters of our two clubs over the past week and a half. Respect to you for your past behaviour, this thread and for your ability to be balanced and sensible and gracious in defeat.

just want to add my congratulations to the thread...

brilliant win! you brought the pressure down hard from the start, and i felt like the game was gone from halfway through the second.

you support a hard, disciplined, and determined team - best of luck for the last few weeks, and the next few years!

But we shouldn't paint every Geelong supporter because of a few rotten ones.

Agree.
Sincere congratulations.
Hope you guys go all the way, irrelevant what you think of us supporters, every team has some turkeys.
Every fear I had before the game was borne out.
211 & Clarke;
Brilliant mids;
Pav taking his marks;
Brilliant pressure causing perceived pressure- MADE us look fumbly and slow;
I think i posted exactly this last year after seeing Freo maul NM and then smash us up 2 weeks later.
Great coaching, and greater implementation.
Again, well deserved home Prelim, and hopefully your first flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back