Well Done Wayne

Remove this Banner Ad

w***ery, sorry- Wayne Carey -didn't deserve the Captaincy of the All Oz team. He's done s**t all this year. I admit, he's a pretty good player, but not this year. He didn't deserve it, honestly.

Hate to tell you ardent but i think Carey doesn't deserve it. Bucks or Hird should've got it. Sorry mate but why exactly do he think he should get it? Just a curious question...

------------------
Tigerz 4 Life

FINALLY, two people from this BB who also think that carey shouldn't have been made Captain and questioned why he was even picked!

Like they would ever leave captain bald patch outta the all aus team.. on the level of captain.. how could he get the nod seriously... he will always carry north yes... but carry them to what.. it ain't like he's had a stellar season... on the flipside hird has had a stellar comeback season that has made us all sit up n really realise how much we were missing and what an instrumental player he is.

Let me get this right, you all think Carey is crap, and in the "which team you hate" thread you all put Kangaroos.

There appears to be a pattern here.

TALL POPPY SYNDROME

Now I can understand that from TigerTuff, CJ, and golions you have all been starved of success for so long, but bomber0018 I would expect a little better from you (why do you think Lloyd asked to wear 18? so he could be like Carey). What in the hell is a NapalmD7h?, what does the Dh at the end stand for?

WE DON'T REALLY CARE WHAT A PACK OF LOSERS LIKE YOU THINK, bomber0018 I don't really think you barrack for Essendon.

Here's a call

I reckon Carey actually deserved it more this year than last year. Still on target for 60-70 odd goals from CHF//CHB in a year where the team has had huge injuries (and he has too) and he's still managed to help them to fourth.

Mind you I reckon Hird might have deserved it more for the sort of comeback he's made but I reckon he might get something a little more important in around 4 weeks...

Night folks
Dutchy

Hird as captain TigerTuff? I seriously hope you were joking! Sure he's a great leader and a good talker on field, but personally I dont think his season was anything outstanding (perhaps due to injury, old age). I think Yze should of taken Hirds shot in the All Australian lineup - just glad he got a gig in Ireland

Go Eagles
You obviously haven't seen too many of the Bombers games this year if you think Hird has had an ordinary year.
He deserves to be in the side & should have been Captain ahead of Carey & what was that comment about him being too old,
really some of you Weagle supporters have got no idea.

------------------
Mantis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it aint
biggrin.gif

Carey was also voted captain of the year by the AFL Players Association. I'm not completely sure but he probably values the opinion of his peers more than "golions","cj", "napalmd7h" and other assorted strange people. To say he shouldn't have even been in the team let alone captain is naive. He's had one of his best years and has either won or been in the top 4 of just about every media award I've seen!

a) my nickname is a variant of my irc nickname which i been using since i got online some 8 or so years ago. Furthermore I don't see that it makes any difference in what i have to say but if you want to split hairs feel free.

b) I didn't say carey had an ordinary season.. i said he hasn't had a stellar season.. whilst he's been his usual productive self and continues to lead his team well I've just seen more of that spirit you need in a captain in Hird this season.. he has that little extra spark that just gives him the edge. To my mind it should have been Hird C, Carey VC.

Sure as u can see by my little digs I dislike Carey the person. But my judgement on this matter isn't made out of personal bias.. i just think hird gave that little extra something this season that entitles him to higher honours.

Rooboy

You're a cynical sack a sh**.
I think you and I both know I meant every word I said about Carey.

As to Lloyd's number - unless Nike has somesort of say in it's stable of players having a certain number I'd be very surprised if Lloyd didn't get Vander's, Blumfield didn't get Timmy's and Hird didn't get TD's for very good reasons.

Dutch

Yeah, I'll be there (AFL member). Looking forward to a good game. From what certain Nth players have been quoted on during the week we can expect some fireworks right at the start and I suspect Wallis will play because of this. Be interesting to see how it pans out, particularly with a few players (from both sides) going in a bit underdone.

Hello, hello...calling all the ignorantis on
this forum...

Wayne Carey was nominated by his PEERS as
best captain. His PEERS are the people he plays with and against (ie. the players in the side YOU barrack for). THEY believe HE is the BEST and MOST INSPIRATIONAL captain, they nominated him ABOVE Hird, Buckley etc.

Hird has made a wonderful comeback from injury, Buckley is a very skillful player but Carey, though hampered by groin and shoulder injuries and only 60% fit, is still a better player and Captain than them both.

End of story!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back