Well done

CHF

Senior List
Dec 21, 2000
Melbourne, VIC
Originally posted by JUBJUB:
I thought he played well for us.He had 2 direct passes to Geelong players in the 1st Qtr.
Where did he go after Qtr time ?

He was pretty happy with himself, going by the big smile on his face at the end of the game. Must have been the joy of seeing some old friendly faces?

Daphne

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
Heard on the radio that Jess had to have a needle in his head at the end of the game as he needed stitches. He said he wanted to cry when the needle went in, till he looked up and saw Carey and Mickey looking down at him, he didnt feel right crying in front of them.

Malibu

Club Legend
Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by Daphne:
Heard on the radio that Jess had to have a needle in his head at the end of the game as he needed stitches. He said he wanted to cry when the needle went in, till he looked up and saw Carey and Mickey looking down at him, he didnt feel right crying in front of them.

Hehehe, I heard that on 3AW too Daphne.

Thanks for the words JubJub.

I watched the whole VFL match, how stiff were we losing that one after leading all day!

Anyway I was soaked to the skin, the poncho and water proof boots did diddly squat so we left before the main game in fear of catching pneumonia. We decided to take the Baccus Marsh Road home when we heard most of Geelong Road was under water, but so was the Baccus Marsh Road too!!!!

Got home to see the last quarter live on tv in front of a cosy heater and wearing my ugg boots!

Dec 5, 2000
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I thought he played well for us.He had 2 direct passes to Geelong players in the 1st Qtr.
Where did he go after Qtr time ?

After quarter time ? That would be when he got his other 12 possessions. Just for the record, 15 kicks, 4 handpasses, 4 marks, 6 clearances, 4 hitouts. A bloody good day's work I would say.

------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

Cheers JubJub, commiserations to you.

I thought Colbert had an excellent game (BOG for me). I sat in the Hickey Stand and he was in the thick of it, taking marks, repelling Geelong attacks, he stood up well.

Ah well, keep on booing him....seems like he absolutely thrives on it
wink.gif

Actually JubJub

I'm rating my players from what I saw from the Reg Hickey stand....so I didn't actually see a lot of the work of King and Harvey which apparently happened at the other end of the ground (just my luck, 5 out of the 7 goals we got were at the other end). I didn't have a radio either. I was very surprised to hear the radio people give Carey a good rating for the game because I thought that Graham had beaten him.

Sure, there were a couple of players that could arguably have performed better than Colbert (personally, I reckon there were at least half a dozen that did as well as each other), but I liked the fact that he would have gone into the game under enormous pressure from the press and with the knowledge that he was facing a hostile crowd. And he came out and played his best game for the year and was one of the Roo's six best players.

I reckon the Colbert could win a Brownlow and Norm Smith and you still wouldn't give him any credit!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Shinboners (edited 22 April 2001).]

Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2000
Hugh Heffner Mansion
god Malibu thats why i didnt go damn it musta been bad for me not to go coz i hate missin footy stuff i cried all morning when i saw the weather and parents didnt know wot to do so they took me on a spending spree in the city instead
biggrin.gif

* im just gettin over the worst flu but and feared i would catch pneumonia too coz ive already had that once from doin silly things like this and ended up with chronic fatigue for a year grrrh wot wimps we must be but so used to our Colonial roof now
frown.gif

Anyone who went i would be interested to hear about the conditions today...last horror footy day like that i remember was the last state of origin i remember we sat there front row of the G screaming our soaked little hearts out for Spider and all we could think of was how we may as wll have been sittin there in bloody bikinis it was that bad!

ahhhhh grhhhh adn thank u very much u bloody bastards Shinners and Darky i did not appreciate them lies about Ricky today i was outta my brain u fukin idiots telling me he was injured and done his hammy again GRHHHHH expect no Spidey hospitality from now on little Roo boyz
mad.gif
:p
mad.gif

~Go RiCkY~
You're so fine

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk (edited 23 April 2001).]

peteinsydney

Draftee
Apr 18, 2001
sydney, nsw, australia
I think JubJub was right - The Age lists the best players as:

Best: Kangaroos: D King B Harvey W Carey A Stevens S Grant J Blakey B Pickett.

Geelong: B Sholl D Spriggs R Burns B Graham J Corey.

I'm a bit surprised that Carey got there, but I think that was on his first quarter efforts mainly.

Originally posted by peteinsydney:
I think JubJub was right - The Age lists the best players as:

Best: Kangaroos: D King B Harvey W Carey A Stevens S Grant J Blakey B Pickett.

Meanwhile, the Hun had: King, Harvey, Colbert, Martyn, Burton, Simpson, and Blakey.

The Australian had: King, Harvey, Stevens, Simpson, Grant, and Colbert.

Plenty of North fans here and on the official forum best and fairest votes had Colbert in their top 3, while Pagan said that Colbert was one of the six best players on the field. We haven't found out yet what 4 time Grand Final choker Paul Couch thought of Colbert's game yet
wink.gif

Make up your own minds......

Were the AGE at the same game as I was yesterday.How did Carey & Burns get in the best players list ?

In regards to Carey, he was brilliant in the first and was instumental in setting up the win, but after that, I thought Graham had the better of him.

As for Burns, no way was he one of Geelong's best....apart from his two goals, Makepeace had him under control for the rest of the game, and Burns was always going to be the player that could hurt us in the conditions.

Vansrooboys

Senior List
Mar 31, 2001
Hiding in locker 24 @ Ard
Other Teams
Mighty Kangas
Actually he saved his best for after the game when he waved at us rain soaked supporters. Gave us the big victory fist. Shame we couldn't hear the song, did the tape recorder run out of batteries?????

Back