Well, Im Going To Vegas

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Thats a hidden gem, thanks for that goodo

Interesting to hear night clubs at Cosmo grossed 75m while gaming grossed 70m in the same year

They are major hustlers there though, seen and spent a lot of dollars in those joints

Happy Daze

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2007
Bathurst
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm leaving Sydney airport Friday at some stage. I have no idea when just have to get there at 10 am and meet up with the APL people - another group of them are flying out early this week to go across an ocean and back again to stay for 4 days to play in an event WITH A 4.5k START STACK, like WTF (yes, you are living the poker dream o_O).

Anyway, I'm staying there for close to a fortnight and it should be good fun I guess, though I'm not looking forward to the flight. Have no means to contact this forum while I'm over there as I can't get tapatalk to work with bigfooty on my phone, so can't write here how I busted one hour into day one in a 700 BB pot holding a rivered bottom 2. The APL live reporting thing on FB will have updates, so I guess you can read about it all there - though read the updates with a grain of salt as every player who busts out "got unlucky!!!!" instead of being a freaking donkey which 90% of us APL players are (OK, maybe in reality that % is a tad higher, but whatever) - anyway I possibly will fill you all in with the gory details when I get back to Australia and I'll be straight up about it.

I've put in about 50k hands last 2 months in cash online and am playing a lot better now than what I was 6 weeks ago, though still get my backside handed to me by the better players from time to time, and that time has reinforced my opinion a good cash game player is miles ahead of a good tournament player, as I've also been playing tournaments during that time. Its amazing when you OPR some villain and realise they are a very good winner in tournaments but overall have just got that way through being massive spew boxes and hitting ~ 30% time and again. This is not to discount there are fantastic poker players who focus on tournaments, even at the limits I play at, but overall if you run into a super cash player they will squash the "super" tourney player in almost every poker setting you can possibly devise.

If I fail to post here again after Friday, reason is I'm acting out/testing the script for the upcoming 2022 movie, The Hangover, part 6, after busting the Main day 1 and will be unavailable for that reason. Alternately I'll post here up until I go later this week and probably after when I return.
:cool:

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Dollar at 88.9c.

Not good if you're heading to Vegas, but not so bad if you were planning on withdrawing funds from your online account.

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Dollar at 88.9c.

Not good if you're heading to Vegas, but not so bad if you were planning on withdrawing funds from your online account.

Too bad we spend most time depositing!

Gonna suck when it eventually (assumingly) goes down to sub .80c etc

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
4 year low and dropping. Parity or near-parity was never sustainable.

AUDfall.jpg

Jun 13, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
AUD / USD was always going to come back when the US economy started to pick up and the mining boom tapered off a bit.

No doubt it'll overshot on the correction and we'll probably get 70 cent mark in a few years.

But as long as China keeps buying our dirt, it won't go lower than that.

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
Eight days and counting….

Get there on the final table of the WSOP starting.. Might go and have a look.

Chasing the Dream

Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I don't like to pay too much for accommodation, so we are staying at the Linq. Love the position on the Strip and for $50US per night it is perfect.

Plan to play a few tourney's at Aria and Planet Hollywood. Really enjoy poker in those places.

7 nights, but planning on taking it easy, not too much planned so we can do whatever we feel.

Last time I was in Vegas for November 9, I ended up sitting in the little grandstand behind the final table for ESPN, sat 2 seats from Phil Hellmuth & Kara Scott!!! Might try to wrangle my way in there again, it wasn't hard.

After that we are driving to the South Rim and staying in the National Park right on the Rim, then to Phonenix (NHL) and then to San Diego for the Chargers.

Also crossing off a bucket list item when we go to the Rose Bowl to see UCLA take on USC!!

Three weeks al up, looking forward to it again!!

Chasing the Dream

Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Have a rough itinerary Chasing the Dream? I can recommend Fremont Street Experience at night and go watch Absinthe at Caesar's.
We have been a few times before, Fremont Street is a must do. We have been there during Halloween before…. AWESOME!!

Not pre-planning any shows, we will just hit up the Tix4Tonight places and make it up as we go.

Chasing the Dream

Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Back