Well, Im Going To Vegas

Remove this Banner Ad

Off to Vegas in August. Any recommendations for hotels or ones definitely not to stay at? Thanks
August in Vegas? Pack your sunscreen and a body cooling vest. ;)

As far as hotel recommendations, what are your requirements/minimum standards. In general I'd say stay somewhere on the Strip, but not too far to either end; no further north than The Wynn and no further south than Excalibur.

I've stayed at MGM Grand, Park MGM (when it was Monte Carlo) and Jockey Club (which is nothing fancy but definitely a more economical on-Strip option). No issues with any of them. Also stayed at Bellagio but got that as a freebie through a friend. My housemate stayed at Flamingo about 18 months ago and wasn't overly impressed with it.

August in Vegas? Pack your sunscreen and a body cooling vest. ;)

As far as hotel recommendations, what are your requirements/minimum standards. In general I'd say stay somewhere on the Strip, but not too far to either end; no further north than The Wynn and no further south than Excalibur.

I've stayed at MGM Grand, Park MGM (when it was Monte Carlo) and Jockey Club (which is nothing fancy but definitely a more economical on-Strip option). No issues with any of them. Also stayed at Bellagio but got that as a freebie through a friend. My housemate stayed at Flamingo about 18 months ago and wasn't overly impressed with it.
Yeah going to be on the warm side, but we are limited on when we can go.
Probably going to try to stay somewhere nice without going overboard.
Have heard some good things about the Cosmopolitan. Also the Bellagio and Pallazzo were high up on the list.

I've stayed at the Mirage, the Riviera, Imperial Palace/LINQ, Flamingo and a youth hostel up past the Stratosphere.

I've never been one to spend much on accommodation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Softest games in Vegas anyone? Doesn't have to be the biggest just the loosest NLH/PLO games you can find!

Thankyou
I think it changes from week to week as word gets around and the better players move to those games and they're no longer soft.

Generally I found weaker play at the less renowned rooms like Flamingo and Bally's. Not really big and loose though, just soft. The downside is you'll have limited table selection at the smaller rooms. And this experience is from 5 years ago.

I think it changes from week to week as word gets around and the better players move to those games and they're no longer soft.

Generally I found weaker play at the less renowned rooms like Flamingo and Bally's. Not really big and loose though, just soft. The downside is you'll have limited table selection at the smaller rooms. And this experience is from 5 years ago.

I figured that would probably be the case. Might just have a play around at a few and see which ones I like.

What's the consensus on best area to stay in Vegas? Or does it depend on budget/etc. any advice?
I've stayed at Bellagio (honeymoon, bloody awesome but you'll pay for it) and Planet Hollywood (great location and decent for the price. PH is a party hotel, I don't think I caught one lift where someone didn't have a drink with them, at all hours day and night.

You really want any to be on the Strip, then pick your budget and that will narrow your choices. Aim for anything that's had a refurb recently.

What's the consensus on best area to stay in Vegas? Or does it depend on budget/etc. any advice?
I've always stayed on the Strip: MGM Grand, Monte Carlo (now Park MGM), Bellagio and Jockey Club. It's central (in relative terms) but still caters to a wide range of budgets. Personally I'd stick to the part of the Strip between Tropicana Ave and W/E Desert Inn Rd (basically from MGM Grand down to Wynn). Then if you wanna check out something further afield, cab/uber/bus it.

I've stayed at Bellagio (honeymoon, bloody awesome but you'll pay for it) and Planet Hollywood (great location and decent for the price. PH is a party hotel, I don't think I caught one lift where someone didn't have a drink with them, at all hours day and night.

You really want any to be on the Strip, then pick your budget and that will narrow your choices. Aim for anything that's had a refurb recently.

Yeah from what I've read staying on the strip will definitely make life easier while there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back