Review Well played Bullies! Finals here we come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lipinski, Roarke and Gardner were great improvers. Lippa was excellent in the first half, Roarke was really good and applied himself throughout. Gardner did what a defender should do when learning the game. Spoil his main opponent. He did this throughout the game.

Libba BOG for mine and English was really good. We are doing well I reckon. Beware of the doggies in two weeks time.

Naughty with a busted face surely doesn't play. I don't want to see him go near the footy. I don't think his attack on the footy would be anywhere near the same. Rest him and if we somehow make it through, hopefully he's ready.

10-5 after round 2 with a % of over 118%.

With 3 of those losses coming in a 12 day span against Richmond, port (in Adelaide) and Brisbane (in Brisbane).

Geelong being another loss that we had put away.

Beveridge is certifiably insane, and some of his selections this year have been a joke. But credit to him and the group for pulling together in tough circumstances.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really solid win tonight.

Goods: Libba immense, Lippa very clean, Hunter everywhere, Bevo’s in-match changes, Timmy English very good

Not Bads: Gardiner defensively (heebie jeebies with ball in hand though), Josh Bruce building form, Bailey Williams and Roarke pretty effective

Oh dears: Freaking injuries, Q1 line-up (wtf would you play Croz forward - he looked lost, just like he did back at Freo)

All-up...... just awesome to be playing finals :)

First final going to be same time as GF would have been in normal year.
And in a normal year the GF would be played in Wood and Bruce's home state so they wouldn't need to travel for days at a time.

Not that it matters anyway because they are free to start/grow their family as and when they please.

Roarke Smith

Speculative draft pick - wasn't rated by most clubs
Six years on an AFL list for only 22 AFL games - and technically all those games on the rookie list (as he still is) - he had to still get redrafted on the rookie list.
This means that he's effectively had one-year contracts for every year, gotten paid as little as any league player would, and wouldn't know that if he was an AFL player for several weeks and months in the off-season.
Has torn two ACLs
Literally missed playing an AFL game and was hospitalised because another car crashed into them
On the verge of being delisted virtually every year he's been on a list
Asked to be a utility and play different roles over the course of his career

Will play his first AFL final next week.
I couldn't love this more

Roarke Smith

Speculative draft pick - wasn't rated by most clubs
Six years on an AFL list for only 22 AFL games - and technically all those games on the rookie list (as he still is) - he had to still get redrafted on the rookie list.
This means that he's effectively had one-year contracts for every year, gotten paid as little as any league player would, and wouldn't know that if he was an AFL player for several weeks and months in the off-season.
Has torn two ACLs
Literally missed playing an AFL game and was hospitalised because another car crashed into them
On the verge of being delisted virtually every year he's been on a list
Asked to be a utility and play different roles over the course of his career

Will play his first AFL final next week.

I was at the JLT preseason community cup match against Brisbane - (possibly the worst game of football ever) but he was playing pretty well & did his ACL for the second time. Such a pointless way to do his knee. 'Oh well, that's probably the end of that,' I thought.

He's a handy player who gets better each game. Great lightning handball tonight, and then has the confidence to run round the mark and set up Hunter. You could do a lot worse. Some people on this board seem to forget that with list management, drafts and salary caps we can't have 22 Bonts running around.Getting the best out of your Roarkes wins you the Premiership as much as the superstars.

We lose next final and the whole board will melt, saying we had not plan B, Bevo was outcoached, stubborn, we need a full review of the MC, the coach did not make changes, he should be sacked, the president should be sacked, here we go again bulldogs of old, etc. I reckon if Naughton, but especially Wallis recover, we will be hard to beat. GO DOGS!!!

Can people stop with the bashing of posters who fairly and constructively criticize the team/club/players.

Tonight is another example of why quite a few of us have been critical this year. Tonight wasn’t a perfect game or an elite performance but three basic things occurred that should be expected every week. 1) Sound team selection, 2) a broad team effort for close to four quarters 3) a high level of skill execution for most of the game.

These are the signs of a maturing team that can compete for a premiership. I don’t care what anyone says, our list has greatly matured and would well and truly be entering a window of success if the above three things occurred week in and week out. But for many weeks this year, last year and the year before 1, 2 or even 3 have been missing.

With or without Wallis and Naughton we will be hard to beat. Play like we did tonight and we could win any number of finals. We are a very good team that needs to start consistently playing like one.

Nonetheless, I don’t care what happens in the finals, we could win the flag for all I care, we will still require a serious review to figure how to get a more consistent performance from our entire club. We have a once in a lifetime opportunity with the talent we have put together. Anyone here over the age of 40 knows that.

Stop whinging about these fair constructive suggestions.

Go Doggs!!!

So to sum up Melbourne board - Bonts goal against eagles was touched and cost them eighth and Eagles top four. They hate Geelong too for some reason. Oh and the umpires helped us to win again and Hogan blah blah.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s a summing up?! Picking out 3 random posts? When in actual fact, most of the posts show they’re mostly not fans of their coach and didn’t think they deserved finals anyway, and/or would likely have been smashed if they made it. And a couple of posts looking forward to us playing finals. But, you know, run with your “alternative facts”.

Nice win from the boys. Made it harder for ourselves at times but we did enough to get the job done and comfortably in the end. Wasn’t keen on a close game late.

Libba was absolutely immense, can always count on him when the chips are down. Hunter worked his butt off all night as well and English won the ruck battle with some solid work around the ground. Quiet shout out to Roarke Smith, won’t be in the bests but played his role well and stood up at important moments.

Naughton and Wallis injuries are really, really concerning. Rely on them for a lot of goals. Going to be a slog without them. Didn’t love the Crozier forward experiment, thought it was too cute to be honest but the extra tall came in handy in the end with Naughton going down but I don’t like the thought process.
Not too cute when you have balls, that’s the thing with risk taking it won’t be a success every time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Darcy going to be looked at for the Naughton incident? I know it was a clash of heads but what’s the latest ruling on responsibility for any high contact once you chose to bump? I hope nothing comes of it.

What and disappoint all the doctors on the site!

I diagnosed cheekbone straight away thank you. I watch a lot of medical dramas on TV so I know what I’m talking about.

I should go to bed now. Go dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back