Well played Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, mate. You guys played well there and seriously had us worried in the third, there...

Commiserations on Murph's injury, let's hope it's less serious than we think.

Congrats on your win. Sounds like you were too good.

Only (slight) solace is that I was one of the few non-Pies fans on BF pre-season posting that you wouldn't be crap this season. Clearly Fraser + Tarrant + Rocca + Buckley = much better Pies = final 8 threat.

Good luck for the rest of the year and a sincere thank you to Pies fans who participated on our Dogs Board Face-off thread.

Cheers

It was a great wrestle, but the Pies sort of stole the show when they had momentum. Good fightback that scared me in the 'Collingwood' quarter, but you played with character, especially with two of your important men missing 3/4 of the match in Gia and Murph.

:thumbsu: for the support Doggies. Will be there next week clapping you on before the Pies play at night!

Good win by the pies, Bulldogs played some good footy and looked dangerous heading into the final quarter. Don't know what was wrong with Bucks and Jimmy tonight, weren't at their best tonight.

Rocca and Tarrant once again terrific targets up forward, while Didak and Neon Leon did what their meant to do, crumb and be dangerous.

The on ball brigade really stood up in the last quarter after getting an absolute football lesson in centre clearances by West and Co. Swanny again in the votes and Lockyer keeping the skeptics at bay with another solid job down back.

Lonie, played like a girl tonight.

And finally, when will the MCG be naming the right forward pocket at the Collingwood stand end after Dane Swan.

sloth6 said:
Good win by the pies, Bulldogs played some good footy and looked dangerous heading into the final quarter. Don't know what was wrong with Bucks and Jimmy tonight, weren't at their best tonight.

Rocca and Tarrant once again terrific targets up forward, while Didak and Neon Leon did what their meant to do, crumb and be dangerous.

The on ball brigade really stood up in the last quarter after getting an absolute football lesson in centre clearances by West and Co. Swanny again in the votes and Lockyer keeping the skeptics at bay with another solid job down back.

Lonie, played like a girl tonight.

And finally, when will the MCG be naming the right forward pocket at the Collingwood stand end after Dane Swan.

Harsh on lonie he had johnson all night and keep him pretty quiet. If you would have told me last year that Lonie could play on brad johnson I would have laughed, but he has been ok.

ant22 said:
Harsh on lonie he had johnson all night and keep him pretty quiet. If you would have told me last year that Lonie could play on brad johnson I would have laughed, but he has been ok.

I think Johnson may have kicked 1 goal 4, not sure. So could've kicked 3 or 4

Some of his efforts when the footy was there to be won were disgraceful. I thought Lonie had turned the corner in terms of his tackling and toughness, he was almost back to his spectating best tonight.

ant22 said:

Agreed, he kept a very dangerous forward in Johnson to 1 goal for the night, quite a reasonable performance from a defender I'd have to say. Could've been harder at the man at times I guess, but that's not really in his natural instincts, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.

We keep expecting him to rack up possies and kick those 50m goals on the run, but with a fully fit side we have plenty of options to choose from in midfield, and it shows our flexibility in that we can use a winger/flanker to play a defenders role and do a good job. :thumbsu:

great game pies and your were the better team on the night. Be for the season i didnt rank collingwood in the 8 but the way they have played they are in the top 6 sides and are in the top in 2 for VIC team along with the way the dogs have started this year and id say the pies are number 1 at the moment with strong footy they have played and showed against the dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back