Analysis Well, who would have thought? Pies defeat Giants by 32 points!

Remove this Banner Ad

Please, Copeland votes are given by people who know exactly what role a player is assigned and exactly what is expected of him. They have the benefit of watching each individual's game edited from the whole match. They don't look at stats and say "Shaw had 20 disposals, Caff had 6". Go ask any of the coaching staff how they rated Caff's game - you won't hear anything about disposal numbers. Everyone knows how important Shaw's role is to GWS success. Shaw's influence on Saturday was negligible. Job done. Why is it so hard for you to give credit where credit's due, let alone to a player who has given so much to the club and still works his ass off to be a part of it???

You don't even know if Maccaffer's gotten copeland votes yet so the point is moot.

Maccaffer slightly curbed Shaw's influence slightly and kicked a nice goal. That's all the credit I'm going to give him Other than that he contributed SFA to the team. I general don't worry about disposal numbers unless there is a large disparity.

I'm not going to praise Maccaffer just because he was apart of our premiership team 5 years ago.

His marking is just about better than anyones. He's playing at a much higher level of intensity than he did at Melbourne. He's always been able to do good things on the field but now he's with us he seems motivated to do them much more often and is bringing the defensive intensity. Could simply be that he's a Collingwood supporter playing for the club he's always supported. I might mosey on over to the Melbourne board and get their take on it.
They're delusional and still think he's crap for some reason

I think that's just their BF board though.

I have 3 really good mates who are Melbourne fans and they all acknowledge that he is going great guns with us now.

denial-it-is-just-a-river-in-egypt-isnt-it.png

Certain posters on their board have been eating sour grapes and will always call him a lazy footballer no matter how well he does. Most of the others pretend he doesnt exist. Maybe 1 or 2 will actually give him credit for having a good year, but then they'll say how awesome Roos is because he tried to make him a defender first, even though it was a shutdown role which he hated instead of the rebounding role he is flourishing in now.

Interesting comment on Blair by Judd last night on Footy Classified.

Basically stated that he is a good player as what was lacking in the GWS team was someone that protects their good mids.

Blair does this for Pendlebury. Am going to go back and watch the last three games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. You kept harping on it. Bookmark that Caff will be in the votes v GWS on Copeland night.
Getting a bit ahead of yourself there aren't you? Not sure how you expect him to feature on Copeland votes when he couldn't manage a single vote from his coach ahead of 5 other players in the AFLCA voting...

You seriously overestimate his importance in that game. Move on.

I believe you said in a post on game day(or something along the lines) that he was our worst player. he was no where near it. He played his role well. I would argue that anyone who does not think that knows very little about the game.

I am willing to bet the coaches gave him copeland votes for this game. I bet that valued his performance.

You don't even know if Maccaffer's gotten copeland votes yet so the point is moot.

Maccaffer slightly curbed Shaw's influence slightly and kicked a nice goal. That's all the credit I'm going to give him Other than that he contributed SFA to the team. I general don't worry about disposal numbers unless there is a large disparity.

I'm not going to praise Maccaffer just because he was apart of our premiership team 5 years ago.

Absolutely rubbish to say he slightly curbed it. I am beginning to think you just looked at the stats sheet. Of that 20 possies he got home many times did he kick it to himself? What where his meters gained and how did that compare to normal? How many intercept marks did he take? What was his score involvements like.

Compared to other matches I have seen him play he hard little or no impact. He has been arguably the giants best player this year and from what I could see was not named any anyones best and that was in their worst performance of the year. That in itself suggests he was well done on his usual output.

I think we all agree that Caf is close to finished but to say he was in our worst few is ridiculous.

I'm planning on cracking a few Monteith Doppelboks tonight, perfect weather for a strong, dark beer. Warms the soul.
Will stick to Hawkers IPA. Favorite at the moment until I find something better in that variety.

A very happy thread, I don't want to put a downer on it but some things need to be said.
Last week was multicultural round. A round dedicated...well...to me. Australians with foreign backgrounds.
On this of all days the three people who I have been most critical of.....Cloke, White and Buckley decided to stick their middle finger up at me.
Shame, shame, shame.
Pretty rude of these guys to make me look like such an idiot on a day dedicated to me.

End rant.

P.S I reckon I have watched the second quarter half a million times and Blairs snap from the boundry still makes me giggle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back