Wellingham SUSPENDED by club

Remove this Banner Ad

The same guy that was busted for drink driving a few years back?

:rolleyes:

Yep, strike two for Sharrod (not in a drug related manner of course), one more and he won't be at our club anymore.

Good thing is he gets 20 matches plus finals to redeem himself, it's all up to him now.

Wellingham. You Idiot.

Sharrod Wellingham has just been handed a club imposed 2 match ban for missing a rehab session and for also consuming alcohol while injured.
All I can say is:
YOU STUPID IDIOT.:mad:

Here's the report from the Pies website for those who don't have Foxtel;

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/131196/default.aspx

Collingwood player Sharrod Welllingham has been suspended from AFL selection for the first two rounds of the premiership season for missing a rehabilitation session, and also drinking alcohol while injured.

This decision was taken by the leadership of the club, which includes the player leadership group.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/131196/default.aspx

Correct decision by the club IMO.

get rid of the ********
I am of the mind that this is not what it seems. I think Wellingham is very important to CW and in order to keep him under the salary cap, maybe, maybe, maybe some deals are being donel.....JMO:)

Is anyone getting Worried about Sharrod and his Attitude?

Sharrod came good in 2009/2010 but has really not taken the next step except for 1 game vs Dees last season.

Hearing this make me worried that he might not be able to take the next step

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wonder how much Wellinghams performances/ability shades peoples reactions here? Would we be this reactionary if it were Swan say? I bet you'd have plenty crying foul at the harshness of the penalty. The apparent difference in standards is interesting.

You wonder how much Wellinghams performances/ability shades peoples reactions here? Would we be this reactionary if it were Swan say? I bet you'd have plenty crying foul at the harshness of the penalty. The apparent difference in standards is interesting.

Hey I think the Punishment is spot on and are you saying if Swan was caught because the HS was going with that Story?

Bucks and the new leadership group are setting the standard. It bodes well for the future.

On the piss when you are in the rehab group is a no no, under club/team imposed rules.

However, I recall Steve Johnosn getting on the piss pre-season of 2007, played 6 weeks in the VFL and when he returned became the player he is today. Here's hoping for Sharrod.

I don't think so at all, I'm harsh on Sharrod because this is not his first offence.

Swan, Didak and Shaw (and some other minor players) fall into that category also, more so Heath and Dids then Swan though as his only major offense was so long ago now it's almost irrelevant.

Is anyone getting Worried about Sharrod and his Attitude?

Sharrod came good in 2009/2010 but has really not taken the next step except for 1 game vs Dees last season.

Hearing this make me worried that he might not be able to take the next step

What makes you worried? The fact he is minorly injured and DURING that time C'wood suspend him.......hhhhmmmmm???? You do the math...not that he is up for any outside money or anything.

What makes you worried? The fact he is minorly injured and DURING that time C'wood suspend him.......hhhhmmmmm???? You do the math...not that he is up for any outside money or anything.
Haha, the conspiracy theories start.:rolleyes:

It's hard to miss an injury rehab session if you're not injured. Seems completely above board to me, he's missed a session while injured, and been suspended at a time when he would be returning.

The club has also stated that HE WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PLAY VFL FOOTBALL over the next few weeks.

Maybe read the article before posting next time.:p:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back