Wells rips Eagles a new angus at the trade table. is there a doctor in the house?

Remove this Banner Ad

We
Stuv for pick 58, take it to the bank. Wellsy does it again.
We'll have pick 9 by the end of tomorrow off the Blues.

Doesn't matter anyway. Well's has a straight flush to take to the draft.

Hahahahaha we just added Tim Kelly to the midfield that won a premiership 12 months ago!!!

A prime age proven elite mid added in the middle of a premiership window!!!

Hilariously get to keep the two elite young key forwards in Allen and Brander... and Liam Ryan from that same draft!!

Hahahahahahaha

Hahahahaha we just added Tim Kelly to the midfield that won a premiership 12 months ago!!! We get a prime age proven elite mid added in the middle of a premiership window and get to keep the two elite young key forwards in Allen and Brander... and Liam Ryan from that same draft!! Hahahahahahaha
Not to mention Willie Rio...anyhoo we’ll smoke most things/teams

2x1sts and 2x2nds + $5M over 6 years? You just blew up your list mate, don't give me any of that buyers regret crap, you're not getting anything back from us now. Piss off.

Tim Kelly was worth it though and as a bonus Geelong will take a long while before they can enjoy a season like 2019 ..
I can’t see a Top 8 spot for Cats next year ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Kelly was worth it though and as a bonus Geelong will take a long while before they can enjoy a season like 2019 ..
I can’t see a Top 8 spot for Cats next year ..

That's what they said this year
I'll be honest tho, I didn't expect a better season than the mighty eagles

2x1sts and 2x2nds + $5M over 6 years? You just blew up your list mate, don't give me any of that buyers regret crap, you're not getting anything back from us now. Piss off.
It will all be worth it as we march on towards a flag in 2020 while your window is slammed shut.

What's it like knowing you're going into 2020 just making up the numbers?

Tim Kelly is the biggest player we have poached off a Victorian Club since Glendenning. We paid what the market deemed the going rate, not since Judd have we had a mid equal to Kelly's quality and this years Brownlow backs up his worth. Bad luck Geelong your window just shut.

This from the Herald Sun giving us an A Grade for trade week...

WEST COAST
IN:
Tim Kelly
OUT: 14, 24 and 37, future first round pick, future third round pick
DRAFT PICKS: 49, 91
GRADING: A
West Coast are locked and loaded, securing Tim Kelly.

This from the AFL site...

WEST COAST
IN:
Tim Kelly
Verdict: Ultimately, West Coast secured the best player to move during this year's trade period in Tim Kelly...and he is a star. The Eagles will be better for having Kelly on their side.

Rating: 8/10

Geelong's premiership window moving forward...

boarded winow.jpg

Go Catters

Wells guaranteed them to not have a chance at a flag

Pretty much told Dangerfield to GAGF

Who do you think won here the pepperer or the pepperee?

Some would consider it an honour to get rheamed by Wells. Your club is very privileged

Those picks given up by WCE were garbage and you know it ..
Quality over Quantity..

Very true. But it was your entire future and putting it on the table was a gesture we couldn't ignore. We'd look terrible. Almost blackmail but still possibly the highest any club has ever paid for an uncontracted player in trade history.

I think draft picks are incredibly overated and overprized. Even with 3 top 10 picks I think it's more probable we end up with 3 players not as good as Kelly. One of the pick pick 40's will end up better ala Rory Sloane or James Hird.

Problem is with Kelly he can't hit a target inside 50 and crashes contests your teams otherwise winning, usually resulting in a ball up or even turning it over. He's excellent but we pushed our better 2016/17 midfield out to accommodate him. A team with no midfield like Freo would kill for him. Or at least they should've

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back