FTA-TV Wentworth

Remove this Banner Ad

I love all these posts about the original series.

When I was a kid my parents' biggest threat to me was "Keep doing that and you're not watching Prisoner this week."

I also got banned from watching it occasionally when they thought I was acting too much like the characters. :oops:

Such a great show!

I was primary school aged when it was on.
My parents let me watch it, but whenever we went to my grandparents place, I was only allowed to watch it with the sound turned down, because my grandmother said "every second word is bitch". :p

I love all these posts about the original series.

When I was a kid my parents' biggest threat to me was "Keep doing that and you're not watching Prisoner this week."

I also got banned from watching it occasionally when they thought I was acting too much like the characters. :oops:

Such a great show!

So you got banned from watching it for doing the laundry :D

Started this about 2 weeks ago, now that I have Foxtel Now with Anytime HD. Finished season 5 yesterday. I feel so empty, and must wait for season 6 like the rest of you. I've managed to watch the show relatively spoiler free. Only thing I knew was how many eps certain actors were in, via IMDb, so I knew Fletch was gone at the end of season 3 and Bea the end of season 4, but I didn't know how they left. I seriously thought Bea would die when the Freak was drowning her. At times the show was a bit too soapy, and that many "are you ok love?"s from Liz and Doreen in such a concentrated space was almost unbearable, but I have enjoyed it overall. The final twist was great though, and I look forward to next season as it airs...

Started this about 2 weeks ago, now that I have Foxtel Now with Anytime HD. Finished season 5 yesterday. I feel so empty, and must wait for season 6 like the rest of you. I've managed to watch the show relatively spoiler free. Only thing I knew was how many eps certain actors were in, via IMDb, so I knew Fletch was gone at the end of season 3 and Bea the end of season 4, but I didn't know how they left. I seriously thought Bea would die when the Freak was drowning her. At times the show was a bit too soapy, and that many "are you ok love?"s from Liz and Doreen in such a concentrated space was almost unbearable, but I have enjoyed it overall. The final twist was great though, and I look forward to next season as it airs...

Similarly, I binged the first 4 seasons... & then watched season 5 week to week. The great thing is that the show works either way. Great point about the too many "are you ok love?"s (LOL), but the medium to long term writing of this series is just fantastic.

Another binger here! I started watching this a couple of weeks ago with no idea of the storyline other than it being set in a prison and having never seen an episode of Prisoner. Finished season 5 last night.

Holy s**t what a show! I'm kind of angry at myself now for waiting so long to watch it :D

Read all 70 pages of this thread today too. Still can't believe how Season 4 ended and the posts in here were exactly how I felt.

Haha, what if give to have that unknown feeling again!

Welcome to the family vanders :D

Haha it started out as me just wanting something to watch until GOT starts, now I'm hooked and it's easily my favourite show. I almost forgot GOT starts tomorrow :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows awesome. Missing it that badly I'm re-watching the original right now. The original characters with the exception of Franky are much better in every way possible.

Wish it was like the old days where they made 692 episodes in 8 years

tenor.gif

Anyone remember Lexie from the original series?

God I loved her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back