SportsCentre

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
Hands down the best episode of the entire series, for mine
Clearly written originally as the finale for the series and it delivered everything

I was wondering last week why they had focused so much on Rita being in the holding cells, and then she turns out to be a major player in the events that unfolded.

Boomer and Liz was beautiful, the context that Boomer lost two mums, but Boomer's reaction to each, it was shock but more relief about her own mum, whereas Liz was genuine affection and grief. The scene earlier in the episode where Liz is mothering Boomer whilst her own mother was giving her s**t was quite poignant.

Brilliant episode.

brucetiki

Spec Moderator
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Marie and the helicopter

Was a little more sophisticated than the original :think:

View attachment 718237

The word going around is that the original ending to last night's episode (what was to be the series final) had a scene with Val Lehman, Fiona Spence and Collette Mann, but was cut on the retake.
That was brilliant from the original - and one of the great mysteries, was it Maggie Millar (who played Marie in the original), was it a dummy, was it a blow up doll :D

Coincidentally I'm watching the original at the moment (aiming to watch the entire series within a year), and I'm pretty much up to the infamous helicopter episode.

Last edited:

Milanista28

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It's all about shock value now, I still like it but they foreshadow less to get the shock value strong. Like Kaz killer for example.

Rita getting Marie's files was funny as well.

Visions

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2007
2 Bedroom Apartment
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, HNS Vatreni
It’s full jump the shark material for me
Agree. When they were hinting at the possibility of the Freak still being alive last season, I said to my wife if she comes back then this show ends up turning into a Games of Thrones style fantasy series instead and I would not watch it anymore. Thought there was closure when they dug up the box and found "her" body.

Now that they have seemingly decided to go down this path, I'm done and checking out altogether.

Kangayroo

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2014
Robe SA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That was brilliant from the original - and one of the great mysteries, was it Maggie Millar (who played Marie in the original), was it a dummy, was it a blow up doll :D

Coincidentally I'm watching the original at the moment (aiming to watch the entire series within a year), and I'm pretty much up to the infamous helicopter episode.
Same! Up to episode 478...

Biggie

Born is pride, from isolation
Sep 28, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco, Wildcats, ESH
Very much enjoyed that episode until the very end like most.

Will watch it next season - it’s the last season isn’t it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gasometer

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Maybe Ferg has a homeless twin sister

I was disappointed that the baby was called Grace and not Joan

The Gov keeps his job, righto

Great use of Windows Dos; brings back memories of 1996 >M Winter<

Enjoying WW!

U2tigers

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Mizzou, Bengals, West Coast Wonders
Hands down the best episode of the entire series, for mine
Clearly written originally as the finale for the series and it delivered everything

I was wondering last week why they had focused so much on Rita being in the holding cells, and then she turns out to be a major player in the events that unfolded.

Boomer and Liz was beautiful, the context that Boomer lost two mums, but Boomer's reaction to each, it was shock but more relief about her own mum, whereas Liz was genuine affection and grief. The scene earlier in the episode where Liz is mothering Boomer whilst her own mother was giving her s**t was quite poignant.

Brilliant episode.
Yep 1 of the best episodes ever, loved it. shows why this is the best Aussie drama I have seen.

Brilliant... BUT

The Ferguson story was done for me, this great episode, could finish with me losing the show. Would have preferred the show to end.

SportsCentre

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
Cameos Confirmed

Wentworth producers have confirmed that Fiona Spence, Collette Mann and Val Lehman did film a cameo appearance in the season 7 finale which was re-written when the series was renewed.

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I was expecting the baby to be named Elizabeth and for the car scene with Rita to end with some associates of Marie/the pedo guy/the bikies gunning her down. Pretty sad about Boomer smothering Liz. I understand the story arc but it's a shame it had to be in a medical room with a camera. Should've been a "natural causes" death in a cell so Boomer can get parole and eat Monte Carlos.

Def 20 episodes coming, all filmed in one hit starting October. Gonna be a lot of spoilers flying about given people will know the ending of season 9 before season 8 hits the screens.

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Skipped through to avoid spoilers, very late to the party as never really gave it a go.
Just finished season 1, really, really enjoyed it. Unlike a lot of prison shows it felt quite real and raw, it didn't seem too fake Hollywood.

Lot's of shows I have watched have strong 1st seasons and then it slowly goes downhill (see Game of Thrones as the marquee example). Am hoping this show stays just as good because I have a lot of seasons left.

MEB_

Mumma Mebbie
Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Skipped through to avoid spoilers, very late to the party as never really gave it a go.
Just finished season 1, really, really enjoyed it. Unlike a lot of prison shows it felt quite real and raw, it didn't seem too fake Hollywood.

Lot's of shows I have watched have strong 1st seasons and then it slowly goes downhill (see Game of Thrones as the marquee example). Am hoping this show stays just as good because I have a lot of seasons left.
I reckon it gets better over the next couple of seasons then takes a dip...but hang in there because the season just gone is tip top.

Top Bottom