We're a s**t Show - Fagan is a Complete Fraud, We're Rotten to the Core

Remove this Banner Ad

Top point - It can be both, The waiting list will cover the loss of membership, but the loss could also cause sponsors to drop off and we become Port.

Boycott's don't always work they tend to create more problems than they solve. Most time the end result will end up worse than before and that may be the best case scenario with some having a more devastating effect
Such as a boycott of buying food and beverages at AO, Sound good well-meaning due to high prices but their response may be to ban drinks and food being brought into the stadium.

What does surprise me is we are talking about an Old school approach (boycotts) in Modern society, and yet we as a supporter group are so disjointed we cannot use modern tech to push a point,
Why is there not 1or 2 major pushes on Facebook or Twitter, instead we have hundreds all saying the same thing but pulling in different directions.

Most Crows supporters want to win, And most want some changes, With some going overboard and others pretending all is OK.
Perfect for the Media, not for the Club. who need constructive criticism from its members not the bullshit blame game which doe not achieve anything.
Bollocks. If even a quarter of members stopped showing up we would see change within a month or two.

It is possible for him to be a crap ruck coach, but actually decent at other things, from the sounds of it he's a very good people person, so it's no surprise the AFLW team loved playing for him (and especially with what they had previously if the rumours are true). Most people hate Clark because it's again a case of sticking with the same guy for years on end.

Compare him to that arrogant, dismissive prick Campo.

He clearly has great care for his players - sounds like the kind of bloke you want working with your 1-3 year players.

Maybe a developmental role would best suit him?

I think the issue is - whatever the approach - there just wont be enough people. Too many happy clappers, and casual fans.

The club survived the noise of Tippettgate, & the mind camp. The only thing that ever lights a fire under their arses is a prosperous pear.

This is the hard truth unfortunately. This is why after 2014 we went new CEO, new coach and even gave Walsh a lot of what he asked for.

The only thing that seems to matter is not being too much worse than port.

aaa
Stop with the Tippet stuff, we already had 2 flags

We havent won a flag since then despite our ''good management'' We chose to diversify rather than pay extra for coaches.

If Hart, Mattner and Godden are breaking our soft cap then we are in deeper trouble than we know

Wait, the initial conversation I had was about the lack of changes the club made after the tippet saga, you jump in and now I have to stop.

You do understand the Cap cover the medical staff as well, While Hart, Mattner and Godden would not put us Over, Getting Kanga tech and Saunders did not come cheap. all these little football relate issue and the personnel required to run them don't come cheap. It not always about the Coaches with the Cap.

Bollocks. If even a quarter of members stopped showing up we would see change within a month or two.
It would not happen,
But I will play your game because that all it is a game, say it did, would you be happy crippling our club, I would not,
The implications would take years to overcome. maybe in years gone past, but today something like that can have an effect on Sponsorship that could take years to recover from.
Sometimes good intentions have a not so good outcome. history is full of Good intentions turning bad.

Did paying out Collective Minds come under the footy dept spend?
Don't know but it would be a Possibility. The Camp itself would be so I guess the Payout is, same as Coaches and Football staff payout are included. along with there wages, welfare spending which the bigger clubs want to be removed due to the increase in mental health,
The Cap has not risen while wages and cost have, Current Cap is 9.5 Million with a 100% tax on anything over.
Also appealing the tribunal fee's are included in the cap. and that may mean legal representation.

It would not happen,
But I will play your game because that all it is a game, say it did, would you be happy crippling our club, I would not,
The implications would take years to overcome. maybe in years gone past, but today something like that can have an effect on Sponsorship that could take years to recover from.
Sometimes good intentions have a not so good outcome. history is full of Good intentions turning bad.
Cripple the club? Are you on drugs? A quarter of members not showing up for a month cripples nothing except happy clappy business as usual course of events.

It would actually be the best thing for the club. Tough love.

The mistake you make is assuming we don't go over the cap because of other things. Again, Fagan can go "You got to the GF spending this much money, why do you need more?"

The issue isn't how much we're spending, it's who we're spending it on. We have 4 coaches in the box running their lines for the very first time, two (Mattner and Godden) with ZERO AFL coaching experience and a dud in Hart. It's a terrible mix of coaches and whoever decided to throw so much of the box into chaos over one year with everyone bar Pyke and Clarke doing their job for the first time was stupid.
We could piss off Burton, Hart & Smart... then bring in 2 people of quality.

AFC management isn't a bloody superannuation fund.

The Libs are back in, so surely they could give Smarty a role.

Roo, just have the Birdman serving drinks behind the Alma... he can tell the punters about his best marks.

Hart can go back to his 5AA show as I never listened to it any way.

Compare him to that arrogant, dismissive prick Campo.

He clearly has great care for his players - sounds like the kind of bloke you want working with your 1-3 year players.

Maybe a developmental role would best suit him?
Would make a better footy manager than Burton... but then who wouldn't!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripple the club? Are you on drugs? A quarter of members not showing up for a month cripples nothing except happy clappy business as usual course of events.

I am Always on Drug for medical reasons, But sometimes I can actually think with the head and not the heart.
How do you envision a protest for a select amount of time that will only affect the club, how do you manage to control that? and Why would I want to Drop going to the football, when I can protest another way
Ever heard of an AGM all members are invited yet bugger all attend, that would be a perfect platform to send a message. Have you been to one.
Several times there are members event maybe they would be a better option. How many people do you know attend these events do you.
Did you voice your disagreement with the survey? or send an email asking for reasons,

Yet you want to stage a walkout. In today world of Social Media and expect no repercussion coming back to the club, apart from tough love.

When Craig was on his last legs the crowds had dropped off big time, it was either against Sydney or Essendon and the crowd was under 30,000, I reminded Trigg the crowds were staying away due to Craig, he denied it. That week we were smashed against Saints and he was sacked.

We could piss off Burton, Hart & Smart... then bring in 2 people of quality.

AFC management isn't a bloody superannuation fund.

The Libs are back in, so surely they could give Smarty a role.

Roo, just have the Birdman serving drinks behind the Alma... he can tell the punters about his best marks.

Hart can go back to his 5AA show as I never listened to it any way.

Burton and Hart yes after their contracts will have expired this year as they are involved in the Football Department and they affect on-field performance,

But Smart he is involved with the other side of the club and the Crows are going very well in that area, he more about getting the training centre, ensure the Women's football, Indigenous programs, ESport, META involvement, Baseball and the Media company, gaining grants, sponsorship, And ensuring those areas are working well to ensure we can fully support the Football Dept spend.
Like Smart or dislike him he doing a good job,

When Craig was on his last legs the crowds had dropped off big time, it was either against Sydney or Essendon and the crowd was under 30,000, I reminded Trigg the crowds were staying away due to Craig, he denied it. That week we were smashed against Saints and he was sacked.

I still remember that Saints game fondly.

I had become so sick of Neil Craig that I was actually celebrating every goal for St Kilda hoping that it was going to bring about Neil Craig's demise.

What I can still remember from that game was Stephen Milne kicking something ridiculous like 7-8 goals from only 10 kicks in that game.

I remember that Saints game well. I was watching it with my Grandad who was sick at the time. Thankfully he slept through most of it. The players had utterly gone on strike. For some reason Van Berlo's pathetic leadership really stands out in my memory

There was also a diabolical outing against Melbourne not too long before.

It's the likes of VB and Thommo that this group learned some bad habits from in terms of going on strike and displaying zero effort when their arse isn't being wiped with silk and they feel that their small town celeb status isn't being sufficiently acknowledged.

It would not happen,

Better a few years of pain than a lifetime of mediocrity, which is what we have now.

I remember that Saints game well. I was watching it with my Grandad who was sick at the time. Thankfully he slept through most of it. The players had utterly gone on strike. For some reason Van Berlo's pathetic leadership really stands out in my memory

There was also a diabolical outing against Melbourne not too long before.

It's the likes of VB and Thommo that this group learned some bad habits from in terms of going on strike and displaying zero effort when their arse isn't being wiped with silk and they feel that their small town celeb status isn't being sufficiently acknowledged.
Amazing how many familiar faces are in that clip.

That'd be a very simple way of thinking.

Ultimately it's a function of how our club operates, rather than Don's personal abilities. It will stay largely unchanged whether Don stays or not. If we go 8W 14L and Pyke gets the flick, our club systems won't allow the next coach what he needs anyway.

Don would have got the job because he fits into that system. Any coach who demanded more control wouldn’t have been considered. Don has what he wants, it’s his 4th year, suggesting anything else is madness.

I'll give him credit for answering, and respect to you for asking the questions; can you ask a couple of follow ups?

1. If Camporeale was Pyke's choice, why we were talking to Sumich?
2. Why didn't Sumich come?
3. Why were we talking to Longmuir?
4. Why didn't Longmuir come?

5. Did anything Burton did at Brisbane suggest that he'd be an effective footy ops manager? If he is an expert on fitness, how do they explain the massive injury toll at Brisbane, and then ours last year; and why did we bring Saunders in?
6. Why, as one of the best resourced Clubs in the league, did we go for a rookie footy ops manager with no proven performance in this critical role? Surely a Club such as ours can do better than that?
7. Do we have a policy in place that we will not violate the footy ops cap; if so, why? Does this policy align with your commitment to deliver and industry leading footy ops department; and how successful do you believe you have been in fulfilling this?

Actually, the bolded ones are the only ones that need an answer - as the answer to them will answer the rest.

OK his response below. Ive deleted my workplace. My fault for emailing from my work email.

You need to move from ???? to the Advertiser.

But I’m not going to detail confidential discussions with you or our staffing strategy.

We are always talking to people as they move around. They don’t always end up in formal offers and only some of the chats we have are ever made public. And some that are reported to have taken place didn’t actually happen. To date none have had anything to do with Campo.

With regards to the Football Cap I think that every Club bar one is under the cap (or at the cap). The odd one out is a result of some historical deals that are hard to change until people move. My understanding is that they will come back when those deals change. We are at the cap.

I’ve enjoyed chatting but I’m into my next meeting. If you see me around town grab me for a coffee and I will take you through some mistruths.

Otherwise, if you have all the answers feel free to apply for a job at the Club the next time one comes up - haha!

Have a good day mate.

Cheers
Fages

Remove this Banner Ad

Back