AFL Club
Adelaide

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The whole club is in the "bunker down" phase.

The best they could do was send Rob Chapman on 5AA to face Rowey. It was so courageous of Rob to front up.

His acceptance of everything s**t about this club was astounding.

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
The whole club is in the "bunker down" phase.

The best they could do was send Rob Chapman on 5AA to face Rowey. It was so courageous of Rob to front up.

His acceptance of everything s**t about this club was astounding.
It’s lots of things, but not astounding.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Wait until next year, then you’ll see a real drop off.

Compare us to West Coast, ABAB still think we are as successful?

Still in the top eight. Nothing to worry about.

We really are heading down the Freo path.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
Interesting the have listed how many 3 game memberships there are across the league.

The only membership figure of interest is 11 game members.

Why dont the AFL break down the membership categories.

AFC: 40k 11 game members, 10k 3 game members, 40k digital members
PAFC: 5k 11 game members, 30k 3 game member, 10k pet members

I heard a radio ad this week for Port Power playing Sydney, tickets and memberships still available - they are still selling 3 game membership with only 2 games remaining :drunk:

There's a sucker born every minute.

OzSparrow

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manly, Glenelg, Liverpool FC
Interesting the have listed how many 3 game memberships there are across the league.

I heard a radio ad this week for Port Power playing Sydney, tickets and memberships still available - they are still selling 3 game membership with only 2 games remaining :drunk:

Where do us Vic Members sit on this list?

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Hopefully our membership drops by at least 10% next year.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

Not in terms of premiership, we had to pinch one of the premiership when we had the chance in either 05/06, 2012 or 2017.....West Coast took their's. And pity we don't have a 80K new stadium as well, I also blame Port Power for that......

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not in terms of premiership, we had to pinch one of the premiership when we had the chance in either 05/06, 2012 or 2017.....West Coast took their's. And pity we don't have a 80K new stadium as well, I also blame Port Power for that......
60k stadium

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Adelaide Oval has the opportunity to be redeveloped again. The existing oval had little to do with Port Power and a lot to do with the SACA and SACA members

Another reason I'm not in favour of the hotel development.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Adelaide Oval has the opportunity to be redeveloped again. The existing oval had little to do with Port Power and a lot to do with the SACA and SACA members

Another reason I'm not in favour of the hotel development.
The initial redevelopment cost tax payers $550M (including the bridge) when we could have built a new 80K stadium to rival the MCG for $750M (but likely $1B). Port Power were all for moving there as they were pretty much in a dire situation both on and off field at that time, we wanted to wait for a better deal, if none of the AFL clubs supported it, then it would never have gotten redeveloped even if SACA wanted to as none of the AFL club would play there.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The initial redevelopment cost tax payers $550M (including the bridge) when we could have built a new 80K stadium to rival the MCG for $750M (but likely $1B). Port Power were all for moving there as they were pretty much in a dire situation both on and off field at that time, we wanted to wait for a better deal, if none of the AFL clubs supported it, then it would never have gotten redeveloped even if SACA wanted to as none of the AFL club would play there.
lol .. the better deal

The better deal was never going to deliver an enclosed or fully enclosed stadium with 60K seating ..

I'm a SACA member, I still remember what I voted for.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
lol .. the better deal

The better deal was never going to deliver an enclosed or fully enclosed stadium with 60K seating ..

I'm a SACA member, I still remember what I voted for.
Definitely not at the costing the Liberals said it would, the new WA Optus stadium cost $1.6B in the end (and that's not enclosed).

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Rubbish, once the SANFL were on board, we had no choice but to be on board. And SANFL got the best deal of the lot. Got to sell West Lakes and continue earning bucketloads from a stadium they didn’t even own.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rubbish, once the SANFL were on board, we had no choice but to be on board. And SANFL got the best deal of the lot. Got to sell West Lakes and continue earning bucketloads from a stadium they didn’t even own.
So you are saying if both AFL clubs didn't agree to relocate to AO, the SANFL would have still be on board knowing there will be no football played there....hell the Labor government would have dump the decision despite what the SANFL wanted if both AFL club didn't wanted it, but since Port Power agree, the Crows had no choice.

Back