We're a s**t Show - Fagan is a Complete Fraud, We're Rotten to the Core

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know why you can’t pull back from the brink after you say something dumb.

It’s like you think you’ll win people over with persistence
Probably the same reason you cannot refrain from writing s**t that has no bearing on the conversation,
I stated why if I am wrong show me my error. don't sit back and snipe from the bleaches.

End of the day the Crows are a business and as you yes you should know. Who do YOU think they need, a CEO that is solely focused on Football or a CEO or focus is running a business.
The AFL has moved on from old days, it a big business. Fagan does a good Job as a CEO of a business, Unfortunately, his Football manager in not up to Parr, What choice does the Club have, they could Sack him and pay the plenties, or get him the training he needs and mentor him. I would have gone with removing him, but they have chosen training, For what reasons I do not know, it could be Soft Cap, could like a few major companies that are adopting a training first method.
But to Say Fagan has gone missing is incorrect as he is following a similar pattern from previous years. To knock what Fagan has achieved because some cannot understand the direction he going to generate a different source of income, And most are reacting to his plans because of one poor year on the Football field since he started.

I am sorry if I cannot see the total failure of the Club and how we are a total mess and s**t show and headed for purgatory. Because it seems if you want to fit in to BF crows you have to hate the club.

I put up my argument a few times what is yours. And there no need for your usual bullshit,

The Brett Burton story is truly inspriring. Worthy of any midday movie. Almost single handly destroyed a whole year and in a premiership wibdow yet despite has managed to keep his job. Make no misrake this club will become one of the greats on the back of his coattails.

"lets make Burton great again"
I still struggle to believe that this guy is our football manager. Especially after what he and hass did at brisbane. It was hidden because of our great season in 2017 like those missing trillions before 911.

Probably the same reason you cannot refrain from writing s**t that has no bearing on the conversation,
I stated why if I am wrong show me my error. don't sit back and snipe from the bleaches.

End of the day the Crows are a business and as you yes you should know. Who do YOU think they need, a CEO that is solely focused on Football or a CEO or focus is running a business.
The AFL has moved on from old days, it a big business. Fagan does a good Job as a CEO of a business, Unfortunately, his Football manager in not up to Parr, What choice does the Club have, they could Sack him and pay the plenties, or get him the training he needs and mentor him. I would have gone with removing him, but they have chosen training, For what reasons I do not know, it could be Soft Cap, could like a few major companies that are adopting a training first method.
But to Say Fagan has gone missing is incorrect as he is following a similar pattern from previous years. To knock what Fagan has achieved because some cannot understand the direction he going to generate a different source of income, And most are reacting to his plans because of one poor year on the Football field since he started.

I am sorry if I cannot see the total failure of the Club and how we are a total mess and s**t show and headed for purgatory. Because it seems if you want to fit in to BF crows you have to hate the club.

I put up my argument a few times what is yours. And there no need for your usual bullshit,

You don’t have an argument, just more incoherent babble. He’s been awol for literally months, and you try to pass off some gibberish about trade period & offseason

It’s not that you’re a shill, it’s that your incoherent

You don’t have an argument, just more incoherent babble. He’s been awol for literally months, and you try to pass off some gibberish about trade period & offseason

It’s not that you’re a shill, it’s that your incoherent

Trying to work out what you are saying, between you poor attempts at Humour or was that meant to be an insult not too sure.
But back on target, I mention several dates and several places where he was interviewed. in that time period,
so he did not go missing, But because his topics were not what everyone wanted it was not newsworthy. most seem to forget.
The data out there in cyberspace look it up, it's not that hard even for you.
Now lets act like adults do you have anything of value to add to the discussion If not, don't bother replying.

I concur and appreciate with what you are saying here. Businesses adopt the 'training' option first where possible as it is an easier and cheaper process to end a contract later down the path. If a person is underperforming (as opposed to being involved in an obvious breach in behaviour that requires instant termination) the retraining option makes sense. However that is often unpopular with the rank and file, as in this case.

Fagan was not active unless there was a good news story to tell.

When our club was being smashed all over the place and rumours of a leak within the club we did SFA, I'll repeat SFA. We allowed all this to happen without our CEO coming out with some type of statement in response to all the mud being thrown at the club.

To make matters worse we schedule some half baked media conference to do exactly what?
We send Burton, someone who should not even be the Head of Footy, to front the media......to show the world the best candidate that won the job on his own merit was woefully out of his depth, at the same time showing the football world a bunch of fools running the club appointed this bloke to a vitally import role.......farking embarrassing that we appointed Burton.
Pyke had no role being at the presser, Fagan should have been there to at least cover the incompetnce of Burton.

Think what you like, Fagan has been missing in action along with the rest of our leadership. They all went missing at a time we were bieng rag dolled in the media and footy circles.....bunch of cowards not wanting to face the music.

The sad part is the likes of Chapman and the rest if the board do as they like without one bit if accountability.

They have collectively been a complete and utter s**t show in 2018.
Sadly you've hit the nail on the head there.

I concur and appreciate with what you are saying here. Businesses adopt the 'training' option first where possible as it is an easier and cheaper process to end a contract later down the path. If a person is underperforming (as opposed to being involved in an obvious breach in behaviour that requires instant termination) the retraining option makes sense. However that is often unpopular with the rank and file, as in this case.
Inverse username to Fagan in times of crisis.

Last edited:
Most businesses dont have the media profile and accountability of a football club. What should a sensible CEO do after he or she has "trained" the underperforming staff member and said member has utterly embarrassed themselves and the company on a literal national stage?

Youd have us believe Fagan nodded quietly to himself from the shadows, saying boy oh boy hes going to be let go when his contract ends let me tell you.

Your also have us believe that was appropriate CEO behaviour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week I got to have a good chat to someone at the club in the coaching group.

I learnt so much about the game. Will never look at it again in the same way. I wont say much about the technical aspects of how we play. Mainly because it is hard to convey in a forum format and also because a lot if it was stuff I dont think needs to be made public for competitive reasons. As well as some ideas to work with the 6 6 6 formation. Which I didnt think was a big deal and was explained to me it will be a real game changer for us.

I will say though the traditional positions are rarely spoken of. The player roles are so different to what we know if as traditional footy. And each player has concurrent roles dependant on where the ball is, who has it and what the next flow of play is expected to be.

The game is basically a series of set plays. There are actually very few instances of ball and defensive movement that is "as hoc". This is not just us. The game itself is now more akin to Gridiron in terms of set.plays not just from ball up stoppages but marks, free kicks and even running bounce oppprtunities. The ultimate aim is that each player can identify the "flow" of the moment (offensively and defensively) and be in the correct position for the play that is to occur. More times than not breakdowns occur due to a failure of this positioning.

GPS is used heavily to monitor player positioning in regard to game flow and where they should be on the ground at any time. As I said above positioning and formation are key KPIs. Their is vision from 6 cameras set up across the ground by our club and along with the broadcast vision the coaching group can get access to any vision of passages of play and know what players are not in the correct formation via GPS data. The GPS data they use is far more accurate than the Heat Map.

Grand Final. Seen as a failure on the players. There was a big element we would just walk in and win the game no worries in the players group. We belted em earlier in the year. Coaches were seething early and there were massive failures of all KPIs very early on. But he also said Richmond were very good. Our best footy should have beaten them.

The Camp. A direct result of the GF. Teach the playing group some humility. Strip them down dont take success for granted and you must earn your successes was the message the coaching group wanted the players to get. However CM misread this and went too far. Did more damage than good. As Don said. It was failure.

Hamstring issues. Our guys misread the Kangatech data. I wont say the the dividual responsible for this. The person who misread the Kangatech data put their hand up early and accepted all responsibility and feels bad their inexperience with a Kangatech is a big reason for our failed season. Having Saunders in is a game changer in this regard. Their is some genuine excitement at the club in seeing what can happen with Saunders in board with the calibre of our playing group.

McGovern left as he has a good relationship with Teague who went to Carlton. No other reason. He liked living here and liked the club. But he likes working with Teague. He did get a bit of a pay increase, a minor one. More in line with matching what we are.paying with cost of living in Melbourne. It was an amicable parting if ways.

Drafting. There could be a Hamish/Doedee special. But who knows what could happen with pick trading. Pyke likes to have a bit of involvement here. Other coaches limited involvement. It is holiday time now....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Fagan was not active unless there was a good news story to tell.

When our club was being smashed all over the place and rumours of a leak within the club we did SFA, I'll repeat SFA. We allowed all this to happen without our CEO coming out with some type of statement in response to all the mud being thrown at the club.

To make matters worse we schedule some half baked media conference to do exactly what?
We send Burton, someone who should not even be the Head of Footy, to front the media......to show the world the best candidate that won the job on his own merit was woefully out of his depth, at the same time showing the football world a bunch of fools running the club appointed this bloke to a vitally import role.......farking embarrassing that we appointed Burton.
Pyke had no role being at the presser, Fagan should have been there to at least cover the incompetnce of Burton.

Think what you like, Fagan has been missing in action along with the rest of our leadership. They all went missing at a time we were bieng rag dolled in the media and footy circles.....bunch of cowards not wanting to face the music.

The sad part is the likes of Chapman and the rest if the board do as they like without one bit if accountability.

They have collectively been a complete and utter s**t show in 2018.

We are 'faceless'. There is no management identity to the AFC.

This week I got to have a good chat to someone at the club in the coaching group.

I learnt so much about the game. Will never look at it again in the same way. I wont say much about the technical aspects of how we play. Mainly because it is hard to convey in a forum format and also because a lot if it was stuff I dont think needs to be made public for competitive reasons. As well as some ideas to work with the 6 6 6 formation. Which I didnt think was a big deal and was explained to me it will be a real game changer for us.

I will say though the traditional positions are rarely spoken of. The player roles are so different to what we know if as traditional footy. And each player has concurrent roles dependant on where the ball is, who has it and what the next flow of play is expected to be.

The game is basically a series of set plays. There are actually very few instances of ball and defensive movement that is "as hoc". This is not just us. The game itself is now more akin to Gridiron in terms of set.plays not just from ball up stoppages but marks, free kicks and even running bounce oppprtunities. The ultimate aim is that each player can identify the "flow" of the moment (offensively and defensively) and be in the correct position for the play that is to occur. More times than not breakdowns occur due to a failure of this positioning.

GPS is used heavily to monitor player positioning in regard to game flow and where they should be on the ground at any time. As I said above positioning and formation are key KPIs. Their is vision from 6 cameras set up across the ground by our club and along with the broadcast vision the coaching group can get access to any vision of passages of play and know what players are not in the correct formation via GPS data. The GPS data they use is far more accurate than the Heat Map.

Grand Final. Seen as a failure on the players. There was a big element we would just walk in and win the game no worries in the players group. We belted em earlier in the year. Coaches were seething early and there were massive failures of all KPIs very early on. But he also said Richmond were very good. Our best footy should have beaten them.

The Camp. A direct result of the GF. Teach the playing group some humility. Strip them down dont take success for granted and you must earn your successes was the message the coaching group wanted the players to get. However CM misread this and went too far. Did more damage than good. As Don said. It was failure.

Hamstring issues. Our guys misread the Kangatech data. I wont say the the dividual responsible for this. The person who misread the Kangatech data put their hand up early and accepted all responsibility and feels bad their inexperience with a Kangatech is a big reason for our failed season. Having Saunders in is a game changer in this regard. Their is some genuine excitement at the club in seeing what can happen with Saunders in board with the calibre of our playing group.

McGovern left as he has a good relationship with Teague who went to Carlton. No other reason. He liked living here and liked the club. But he likes working with Teague. He did get a bit of a pay increase, a minor one. More in line with matching what we are.paying with cost of living in Melbourne. It was an amicable parting if ways.

Drafting. There could be a Hamish/Doedee special. But who knows what could happen with pick trading. Pyke likes to have a bit of involvement here. Other coaches limited involvement. It is holiday time now...
Any word on why Francou left?

To me, that just reinforces the incompetence of the management.

Grand Final - that’s on the coaches. They are responsible for preparing the side, how did they allow that to happen?

And yes, we smashed them early in the year, mid way, they completely changed their game style -and we selected a side to beat the Richmond from early in the season; coaching and selection failure.

The Camp - that’s an insulting justification for it. The playing group got the biggest lesson in humility they could ever receive; embarrassing themselves on Grand Final day.
And, once again, the coaching group absolve themselves of any responsibility.

Kangatech - how the * does that happen?! We invest in fancy new tech to assist with injury management... and we don’t even know how to use it!?

That is pathetic. Whoever put their hand up should be sacked, feeling bad doesn’t mean anything, and so should the superiors who allowed that situation to happen.

Really appreciate the insight Geoffa, great of you to pass it on; unfortunately, it reinforces the disastrous approach from management, and suggests a clear mentality that they aren’t to blame.

Drafting. There could be a Hamish/Doedee special. But who knows what could happen with pick trading. Pyke likes to have a bit of involvement here. Other coaches limited involvement. It is holiday time now....

Good read Geoffa32. 2 things that really stand out is the Camp and Gov items.

If CM misread the message hey obviously did not know what they were doing or the terms of their assignment were not conveyed. CM appears n amateur organisation.

If Gov liked living here and liked the club and only left the club to work with Teague why did we let him go. There must have been no sign that he would refuse to play for us. Why did we trade him so quickly. I am happy with the pick 13 but we could have used him as a bargaining chip in other deals. He may have chosen CFC but 2 weeks into the trade who knows if trades could have been worked out to get us higher in draft.

To me, that just reinforces the incompetence of the management.

Grand Final - that’s on the coaches. They are responsible for preparing the side, how did they allow that to happen?

And yes, we smashed them early in the year, mid way, they completely changed their game style -and we selected a side to beat the Richmond from early in the season; coaching and selection failure.

The Camp - that’s an insulting justification for it. The playing group got the biggest lesson in humility they could ever receive; embarrassing themselves on Grand Final day.
And, once again, the coaching group absolve themselves of any responsibility.

Kangatech - how the **** does that happen?! We invest in fancy new tech to assist with injury management... and we don’t even know how to use it!?

That is pathetic. Whoever put their hand up should be sacked, feeling bad doesn’t mean anything, and so should the superiors who allowed that situation to happen.

Really appreciate the insight Geoffa, great of you to pass it on; unfortunately, it reinforces the disastrous approach from management, and suggests a clear mentality that they aren’t to blame.
Have you ever dealt with people IRL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back