We're a s**t Show - Fagan is a Complete Fraud, We're Rotten to the Core

Remove this Banner Ad

just watched Fagan

that's lost me. * him and * the lot of them. that is completely unprofessional. could you imagine someone like gary pert doing that??

We must be. We are making purchases or investing. Membership numbers have risen. But that’s what he’s there for. When it comes to footy take a backseat sunny Jim.

He is also there to oversee the reputation of the club and media. He doesn't have to talk specifics of football but he should be able to stand in front of a camera unprepared and handle the situation.

To react like that to some Adelaide journalists is almost career ending in my eyes. Interstate things can be much worse.

This is a guy who is paid a massive salary to handle situations like that.How can he ask the players and coaching staff to represent the club professionally in the media.

It sounds like I am overreacting but i just can't believe that happened at a time when the club needs good leadership.

Start running it like a business and not a boys club... There are plenty of business people who are innovators or have really good ideas and can execute on strategy... they just dont get a look in because the old croneys and inherited old Adelaide money prevails with this mob.
On the contrary: they run it too much like a business.

Don't openly advertise jobs or search thoroughly for the best candidate. In true Adelaide fashion, give the job to the person who knows the right people.

Buy baseball teams and video game teams for future revenue growth, using cash saved from hiring rejects instead of highly-sought-after officials.

Employ the Ministry of Truth/Ministry of Propaganda to craft a carefully tailored media message that astute fans scoff at. But the apricot slicers, cheer squad members and those who go to the footy purely for Instagram or Snapchat just accept it.

With ticket prices having surged since AO's first season, the club and its senior management are flush with money. They rest assured that we are not Port fans so the stadium will get 35-40,000 people (at $30-$80 a head) at the very least every fortnight.

Money is their priority. They run the AFC exactly like a business and not a football club.

He is also there to oversee the reputation of the club and media. He doesn't have to talk specifics of football but he should be able to stand in front of a camera unprepared and handle the situation.

To react like that to some Adelaide journalists is almost career ending in my eyes. Interstate things can be much worse.

This is a guy who is paid a massive salary to handle situations like that.How can he ask the players and coaching staff to represent the club professionally in the media.

It sounds like I am overreacting but i just can't believe that happened at a time when the club needs good leadership.
I saw the footage and readjusted my views.

Meh, I don't blame Fages for doing that. Got ambushed out the front and ignored them. They are maggots. It's not like the club don't hold a presser every other day.

In isolation it’s not a hanging offence (especially considering the reporter is clearly a Port Adelaide groupie, judging from her Twitter page), but...

In the backdrop of everything that is happening right now - and the club’s ongoing mismanagement of its public relations this year - it was an act that showed terrible judgement.

When club leaders have no sense of the occasion, that filters down pretty quickly.

I hate saying this:

But in the last week, I've heard interviews with Koch, Davies and Hinkley. All standing up and taking the heat. No players.
As they did last year. And the year before that.

No doubt Port are far better at polishing a turd than we are.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In isolation it’s not a hanging offence (especially considering the reporter is clearly a Port Adelaide groupie, judging from her Twitter page), but...

In the backdrop of everything that is happening right now - and the club’s ongoing mismanagement of its public relations this year - it was an act that showed terrible judgement.

When club leaders have no sense of the occasion, that filters down pretty quickly.

There is a heap of things that I am seething over at the moment. That's not one though.

I do think that our reactive media has been atrocious. Shutts should offer his resignation.

Meh, I don't blame Fages for doing that. Got ambushed out the front and ignored them. They are maggots. It's not like the club don't hold a presser every other day.

It's an absolute terrible look for the club and icing on the cake of what has been an absolute s**t show for them for the last 12 months or more.

The last year has been nothing but a combination of silence, lies and spin doctoring and the house of cards has started to tumble. They say that pressure creates diamonds unfortunately I am not seeing any diamonds in our front office, just a whole pile of dung.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone else just get the email with the link to the membership survey? Time to let them have it.

Anyone remember Chris Judd one time at the airport taking the piss out of the media when the whole West Coast trade was happening

He was at the airport with his phone against his ear basically saying he couldn’t talk because he was pretending to be on the phone.

I dont have problem with it in some situations, players and coaches can do it at times and sometimes no comment is better but not in this scenario.

In our case we are saying everything is fine and under control, move along, nothing to see here. Instead he looked like someone highly stressed who had alot to hide and no answers.

It's an absolute terrible look for the club and icing on the cake of what has been an absolute s**t show for them for the last 12 months or more.

The last year has been nothing but a combination of silence, lies and spin doctoring and the house of cards has started to tumble. They say that pressure creates diamonds unfortunately I am not seeing any diamonds in our front office, just a whole pile of dung.
Have to agree with Rucci. Since he got put on his island it’s starting to get overcrowded in the last 12 months.
Sure you can run your own media but you can’t make it the only outlet that only smashes out what it wants on multiple platforms. It lacks any transparency.

It was like he was Ben Cousins walking out of court.
It was exactly like that - abdicating responsibility
I know a person who applied for Fagans job back when - a great small business operator with hundreds of employees -was told he didn't "football" well enough .....
Anyways .....
Even I can change my mind and admit I may have been wrong:oops:

I stop digging .... wish everyone would remember that:D

I'm not saying you're right though ......:D

Last edited:
Have to agree with Rucci. Since he got put on his island it’s starting to get overcrowded in the last 12 months.
Sure you can run your own media but you can’t make it the only outlet that only smashes out what it wants on multiple platforms. It lacks any transparency.
The Rowe rant was definitely a spit though

They can go on and on about Ken being there for half an hour - they ask a hard question and then Rowe answers Hinkleys answers with a myriad of "good on ya Kenny" and port have a great admin

Well Stephen with a "ph" go read their board and get the e mails Norton ditches in the bin from port flogs and you'll see discontented members exactly the same

I hate saying this:

But in the last week, I've heard interviews with Koch, Davies and Hinkley. All standing up and taking the heat. No players.
Thing is - now that double AA has gone all port luvvie, they know they won't cop a grilling
(See my post above

The Rowe rant was definitely a spit though

They can go on and on about Ken being there for half an hour - they ask a hard question and then Rowe answers Hinkleys answers with a myriad of "good on ya Kenny" and port have a great admin

Well Stephen with a "ph" go read their board and get the e mails Norton ditches in the bin from port flogs and you'll see discontented members exactly the same
I missed the Kern interview Subes.
I would probably just uncontrollably giggled about their last 11 weeks.

I missed the Kern interview Subes.
I would probably just uncontrollably giggled about their last 11 weeks.
It's the same old "easier to ask forgiveness than permission"

But Rowe even talks over Bicks now to get the "jeez you're a good bloke, Kenny " line in.
It's sickening

It has been a good 11 weeks though:D
Just that they've got Watts Motlop and perennially injured Rockliff but will lose Polec is hilarious!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back