We're a s**t Show - Fagan is a Complete Fraud, We're Rotten to the Core

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well, it's so obvious now that it doesn't even require comment. The board must go. They're still mostly the same crew that chose the extra year of draft penalties. It continues to dumbfound me that these muppets inherited the keys to the castle. Then these muppets get lucky by employing the mechanism clearing moron who's 2 year old is likely a better prospect in his role than he is.

It's so tragic that it's actually funny. But, only the competent leave. Pyke is a huge problem also.

* us, we're done.

simmo97

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well, it's so obvious now that it doesn't even require comment. The board must go. They're still mostly the same crew that chose the extra year of draft penalties. It continues to dumbfound me that these muppets inherited the keys to the castle. Then these muppets get lucky by employing the mechanism clearing moron who's 2 year old is likely a better prospect in his role than he is.

It's so tragic that it's actually funny. But, only the competent leave. Pyke is a huge problem also.

**** us, we're done.

i guess we should trade out all our key players and have a complete restart.

simmo97

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
No mention of the playing group nimrod. The post was clearly about the board and off-field. Go to bed, you're stupid.

Pyke is the least of our worries let he got a mention in the post.
yes their are issues off field but we made a GF last year with this board so it is not all doom and gloom.

so saying we are done is a clear over-reaction

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think 1970crow makes a good point. Sure the emotion makes it a bit easy to think it just an angry rant ... but if you look at our club and identify where we have failed, the board shouldn't get a free pass through the s**t-storm.

Then again, what are we measuring the club on? Membership? Profit? Board Stability? The board is not tied to results we crave.

Imagine if our board's only message was that we are here purely to win a premiership, we (rightly) wouldn't believe them. Actions not words.

ROB CHAPMAN - Term expires March 2019
JIM HAZEL - Term expires March 2021
KATE ELLIS - Term expires March 2021
LINDA FELLOWS - Term expires March 2021
RICHARD FENNELL - Term expires March 2021
ROD JAMESON - Term expires March 2020
JIM MCDOWELL - Term expires March 2020
MARK RICCIUTO - Term expires March 2019

I notice we only have two women on our board. I watched the doco "Who to invade next?" again last night ... they highlight Iceland where it is law that you need to have at least 40% of women / men on the board. It was also pointed out that having at least 3 women on the board changed the culture.

We do seem to meet the "at least 2 past players that can employ their mates" quota though.

Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think 1970crow makes a good point. Sure the emotion makes it a bit easy to think it just an angry rant ... but if you look at our club and identify where we have failed, the board shouldn't get a free pass through the s**t-storm.

Then again, what are we measuring the club on? Membership? Profit? Board Stability? The board is not tied to results we crave.

Imagine if our board's only message was that we are here purely to win a premiership, we (rightly) wouldn't believe them. Actions not words.

ROB CHAPMAN - Term expires March 2019
JIM HAZEL - Term expires March 2021
KATE ELLIS - Term expires March 2021
LINDA FELLOWS - Term expires March 2021
RICHARD FENNELL - Term expires March 2021
ROD JAMESON - Term expires March 2020
JIM MCDOWELL - Term expires March 2020
MARK RICCIUTO - Term expires March 2019

I notice we only have two women on our board. I watched the doco "Who to invade next?" again last night ... they highlight Iceland where it is law that you need to have at least 40% of women / men on the board. It was also pointed out that having at least 3 women on the board changed the culture.

We do seem to meet the "at least 2 past players that can employ their mates" quota though.
Bankers, lawyers, academics and politicians. No wonder the club is going nowhere.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
Love the passion, I've long been in the AFC Board is the problem camp.

Unfortunately there is nothing us supporters/members can do to push for change.

Chapman should have gone with Trigg years ago.

Roo seems to have added to our problems not fix them.

Burton is so far out of his depth. throw him up aginst Balme for comparison - we exist to give people the opportunity to learn IN the role - instead of getting a proving performer, pathetic administration.

Fagan talked the talk when he arrived but has slipped right in to the comfortable "don't upset the gravy train" mode.

And unfortunately Pyke is heading down the same path by keeping on Clarke & Campo - surely 10 years as assistants at one club is enough FFS. How about some new midfield/ruck ideas.

If he actually is happy with these two he is stuffed, if he doesnt want these two and he doesn't demand/achieve change he is still stuffed. Either way in a year or two he will join Craig and Sando as our list of rookie senior coaches sent packing grows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

**** us, we're done.

Sorry but have to call bullshit on the mostly same crew. the only members of the board from the Tippett saga are Chapman (2007) and Hazel (2010) the next oldest member is Ruccuito who was the member Elect in 2014 followed by Jamison in 2015 and Fellows board appointed in 2015. rest were appointed in 2017. ie Ellis, McDowell and Fennel ( he did work for the Club 3 years prior but was not a Board Member)
As for the Staff, CEO Fagan (2014) COO Smart (March 2013) Burton (no need to go there)

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
For all those people who keep trying to pretend we don't have a player retention problem;

2010 - Nathan Bock
2011 - Jack Gunston
Phil Davis
2012 - Kurt Tippett
2015 - Patrick Dangerfield
2017 - Jake Lever
Charlie Cameron
2018 - Mitch McGovern

Considering that we pretty much lose 1 first 22 player a year on average, we would have to be the worst in the AFL for player retention.

That's just player retention, sadly our problems also go far deeper than that.

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
For all those people who keep trying to pretend we don't have a player retention problem;

2010 - Nathan Bock
2011 - Jack Gunston
Phil Davis
2012 - Kurt Tippett
2015 - Patrick Dangerfield
2017 - Jake Lever
Charlie Cameron
2018 - Mitch McGovern

Considering that we pretty much lose 1 first 22 player a year on average, we would have to be the worst in the AFL for player retention.

Surely anyone who is trying to argue there's no problem is just trolling.
How does every other club compare?

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
How does every other club compare?

How many first 22 players do you remember other teams losing since 2010? I'm guessing not very many.

Off the top of my head I would say that Brisbane might be the only one to come close to us with GC and GWS not far behind. Other than that our numbers are a total outlier in comparison to the rest of the league.

2012 Clint Young
2013 Lance Franklin
2013 Xavier Ellis
2014 Kyle Cheney and Luke Lowden :)p)
2015 Matt Suckling
2016 Brad Hill
2016 Jordan Lewis
2016 Sam Mitchell

Add to that they let McGlynn and Kennedy walk for peanuts in 2009.
buddy is the only one on that list that walked on the club. the others were either traded or delisted. Jordan and sam also are/were at the end of their careers and were pushed out

our list above are all players who have asked for a trade

marvin

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2000
Tired old hack in Melb
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
buddy is the only one on that list that walked on the club. the others were either traded or delisted. Jordan and sam also are/were at the end of their careers and were pushed out

our list above are all players who have asked for a trade

That's not correct.

Brad Hill asked for a trade to Freo.
Suckling was a free agent.
Young was a free agent.
Ellis was a free agent.

They all walked. Somehow Hawthorn survives.

That's not correct.

Brad Hill asked for a trade to Freo.
Suckling was a free agent.
Young was a free agent.
Ellis was a free agent.

They all walked. Somehow Hawthorn survives.
and those 3 were arguably best 22 at best. hill was a loss for them but they covered it

How many first 22 players do you remember other teams losing since 2010? I'm guessing not very many.

Off the top of my head I would say that Brisbane might be the only one to come close to us with GC and GWS not far behind. Other than that our numbers are a total outlier in comparison to the rest of the league.

Lake
Cooney
Griffen
Ward
Higgins
Stringer
Harbrow
Hamling
K. Stevens

The Dogs have lost a few, with Dahlhaus seemingly on his way out as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back