db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
This is the burning question for me that I'm interested in.Will it in in the back half or forward half.Peoples views a mixed.From the games When I saw him play he looked more comfortable as a forward then KP backman.I got a feeling the clubs want's him there to.At times he did look lost in the back half,but he is still young and needs time to develope and put games in to.From late last year in the games it looked like Dimma has Post marked for the back half to so there will be competion there with Rance,Grimes and so on.I dont want to see the same story hence Post and Rance going on were we didnt settle them in a position and kept on moving them up and down.

Reckon he'll be the 2010 Rance and 2011 Post. Playing 7 or 8 games in different positions. This is his 3rd season, while Rance is in his 5th and Post in his 4th. All 3 players were finding their best position for their first 3 years. Griffiths looks to have found his position as a forward though

Great kid and has worked really hard since dislocating his knee. Could be in line for CHB ahead of Post but also could play up forward infront of Miller if Griffith doesn't come along . Either way we'll see a stronger bodied AStbury next year and we'll need him through out the year.

Could play 5-8 games could play 22

He will be played down back... until we work out that he is a natural forward.

He will probably walk at the end of the season because of lack of oppurtunity and the fact we are trying to turn him into a back.

He's played primarily back and has stated that he prefers it there... And he hasn't lacked opportunity in the slightest. Played almost a full season in his first year, remarkable for a KPP, then started the team in round 1 this year. Probably got back into the side after a lean month or so, then got injured straight away.

I wouldnt right off Posty tho from what we have been reading and hearing is ready to go up that next level and he showed that last season towards the end.He got his own personal trainer to work on his running etc so he is up for it.

I'm astonished the people don't rate this guy. Best 22 player next year IMO.

not to mention the fact he's been injured a fair bit this year, and got injured in '10 as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm astonished the people don't rate this guy. Best 22 player next year IMO.

I rate him more than grimes. Astbury is better with ball in hand and marks the ball instead of spoiling.

His second year should be not counted and be put under the banner of second year blues.

The club clearly rates him by giving him riches old number so i expect to see him get a far few games next season. Though i think if its between him and post for a spot in the team come round 1, they will choose post as it could well be his last year and to be honest wasn't that bad towards the end of last year and he has seemed to have a solid pre-season this time round.

Is a foward IMO, although I'm not against he and Post both playing in the same side as the 3rd tall forwards and defenders, and being swung pending on match-ups.
I think Post is the better defender and Astbury the better forward , neither are yet KP in my view.
Astbury replaces Miller , Post replaces Moore and/or McGuanne ,
Vickery and Jack play as KPF's whilst Rance and Grimes play as KPD's.
When need be either Astbury or Post, could pinch hit within the ruck or play KPF whilst Vickery pinch hits within the Ruck.

He's actually a natural hit up leading forward. He should take Millers role (as this is the role he looks like he could fulfill in the team forward structure).

He looks to have increased his upper body and strength.... this year will about building his tank....
I'm not expecting too much from this season.... But I do think he will make an impact.

Too slow for a back role in my opinion and I just think Grimes, Mcguane and Rance will be our three backs.

Vickory may play more in the ruck next season and the obvious spot for Astbury is a permanent forward and replace Miller(on merit of course)...

I wouldn't make Griffith earn his spot in the seniors by playing a good stint at Coburg.

Is there room for JR, Vickory, Griffith, Maric and Astbury up forward/Ruck. I certainly think so...

I would start the season with Miller in the side and make Astbury and Griffith fight for his spot.

He will be played down back... until we work out that he is a natural forward.

He will probably walk at the end of the season because of lack of oppurtunity and the fact we are trying to turn him into a back.

No smily face?

I think Astbury shows the most potential of all our young talls (Grimes not far behind). I really liked what I saw of him, he had the poise of a cat when the ball hit the deck.

I would like to see him in the backline. I see him and Grimes being our future key defenders. I actually think CHB is the place to try him but FB can't be ruled out. As for him being a 'true forward', that may be correct, but people forget that the best full back we have had in the past 25 years, Scott Turner, started as a forward.

Vickery.......not Vickory
Deledio........not Delidio
Griffiths.......not Griffith

R u guys actual Richmond supporters or did we recruit 3 new guys I don't know about?

Come on guys, it's embarrassing!!

R u guys actual Richmond supporters or did we recruit 3 new guys I don't know about?

Relax grammar police its going to be ok:D

Considering your username, you have nothing to complain about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back