Were Geelong and Hawthorn fans this bad??

Remove this Banner Ad

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
I've been in Australia since 2013, an AFL convert since late 2014 and an AFL tragic since 2016.

Simple question, were the Cats fans between 08-11 and the Hawks fans between 13-15 as myopic, condescending and generally as annoying as the Richmond fans have been over this close season?

I've been in Australia since 2013, an AFL convert since late 2014 and an AFL tragic since 2016.

Simple question, were the Cats fans between 08-11 and the Hawks fans between 13-15 as myopic, condescending and generally as annoying as the Richmond fans have been over this close season?
No.

The answer is that every single team's fans are horrible to deal with after they win a premiership.

I don't necessarily agree with the "All fans have idiots" theory, I reckon some groups of supporters are definitely different from others.

Richmond are definitely the most painful, but hey they are the most passionate when they are losing too, so I guess it's fair.

Geelong and Hawks fans generally have zero interest when they aren't any good.

Hawks fans, following 2008 were claiming a dynasty to follow, bandwagoneers, they were right, took a bit longer than 2009 though.
The Tigers lite wagoneers of today forget you need to play in consecutive GFs to go back to back - I know because my mob are yet to go b2b.
For 2020 the sleepers are the Dogs.

Geelong fans were awful during the Moral Threepeat years.

Hawthorn supporters were a model of fairness and dignity throughout our dynasty.

It's just a shame you missed the previous 37 years where every other fan treated Richmond fans the exact same way many of our supporters are acting now because we were a basket case.

You reap what you sow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back