We're getting Good Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

The second and third pages of this thread alone are intriguing.

Yeah I remember getting my knickers pretty twisted at the time, but to be fair I was probably a bit hazy.

I could be wrong but I thought Gill has said if we make a good show of it we'd likely keep it. Can't see us stuffing this one up tbh.

interesting tidbit in the HS today in the whisper section. Even though they are playing in the game with us on Good Friday, there was no-one form the bulldogs at the RCH Good Friday appeal last friday
I'm sure they will come up with the idea by themselves now, though.

interesting tidbit in the HS today in the whisper section. Even though they are playing in the game with us on Good Friday, there was no-one form the bulldogs at the RCH Good Friday appeal last friday

Yeah, listening to the morning show on mmm this morning, malloy actually had a bit of a tounge in cheek go at darcy, saying just that, to which, darcy replied "we do lots of community camps, look what they did with ballarat". maybe they should ACTUALLY turn up to places b4 saying they do.....

Yeah, listening to the morning show on mmm this morning, malloy actually had a bit of a tounge in cheek go at darcy, saying just that, to which, darcy replied "we do lots of community camps, look what they did with ballarat". maybe they should ACTUALLY turn up to places b4 saying they do.....
What they did? As in completely kill its VFL team?

What they did? As in completely kill its VFL team?
yep....but he was going the other angle, like "wb have done great things for ballarat (yeah like not even rocking up to a community camp the day after the gf)
my opinion is that they have been told, this is their one year for good friday, and they have not bothered to rock up....

yep....but he was going the other angle, like "wb have done great things for ballarat (yeah like not even rocking up to a community camp the day after the gf)
my opinion is that they have been told, this is their one year for good friday, and they have not bothered to rock up....
I thought the same when i saw North being represented and no Bulldogs people and thought maybe they did something seperate but not turning up bizzare.

The Floggies got "Spuds of the Week" here (SA) on Triple MMM Jars and Lewy for their poor form no show. Comments along the lines of "getting ahead of themselves", "pull their heads in" and "check their egos" were the order of the day.

The fall will be a thing of beauty to watch. So brave though.

Also commended the Roos on attending in full dress.

Side note:

Just on the post where North Melbourne will donate $5 from the sale of every ticket from its historic Good Friday contest to the Royal Children’s Hospital appeal, the club are encouraging members with prior access to the game to donate by other means.

Shooting themselves in the foot if that’s the case. As much as I can’t stand some of the bigger clubs in Melbourne they’re not stupid enough to bag each other out over gimme blockbusters. They encourage their supporters to get there and both reap the benefits. If there were 50k+ there this coming Good Friday the media and general support for retaining the fixture would be significant.

Oh well, stuff them then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WBs have what they wanted so no need to do anything additional. The AFL partnered us with them instead of Carlton.

The Floggies got "Spuds of the Week" here (SA) on Triple MMM Jars and Lewy for their poor form no show. Comments along the lines of "getting ahead of themselves", "pull their heads in" and "check their egos" were the order of the day.

The fall will be a thing of beauty to watch. So brave though.

Also commended the Roos on attending in full dress.

Side note:

Just on the post where North Melbourne will donate $5 from the sale of every ticket from its historic Good Friday contest to the Royal Children’s Hospital appeal, the club are encouraging members with prior access to the game to donate by other means.
Good idea North.

Not sure where that opinion comes from, but it would be pretty silly to tell them that, wouldn't it? That would undermine any success it might have.

I imagine the official line is the stated line. "Let's see how it goes." Or, if both North and the Dogs have it, then we may rotate attendance at such events/take turns in promoting it.

That said, it would have been best if both clubs attended, and I'm bemused as to why not. Did I imagine the clubs committed to sharing gates across both games this year?!

In keeping with the day, and who we are playing, I guarantee we'll get crucified by the umpires.

So our coach, ceo and president all managed to attend but nobody form the Bullflogs could.... o_O:rolleyes:

These sort of jokes are offensive. I'm cross.

Here we go. Next thing you'll be claiming you don't know any of us.

You'd have to be living in a cave (for 3 days) to not know how these threads go around here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back