Toast We're in the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

ugly.jpg

Hot

Nice piece of selective quoting. I was simply pointing out that although there may be a possibility of winning the GF from 8th the probability of doing it is pretty much the same as 9th.

We're currently paying 100 to 1 in a 8 horse race, so if you really think we have a chance you should drop a lazy lobster on us.

More importantly, if you think we're a chance of winning a final or two - do so. Odds will shorten massively after each win.

Ancient Chinese saying, 'any team heading in to the finals with only 2 wins out of the last 9 , aint gonna go very far'

See ya next year!

My fortune cookie in 2014 said "Team who struggle to finish in top 8 won't make prelim". I think these cookies are a bit dodgy because I received the same thing last year as well...

My fortune cookie in 2014 said "Team who struggle to finish in top 8 won't make prelim". I think these cookies are a bit dodgy because I received the same thing last year as well...

Mine said "Man who eat soggy cookie becomes butt of jokes".

Been in a bender since Carlton beat Melb to guarantee us a finals birth. Just got home, fit the dog, and now preparing for finals. I've given myself the personal bye this week just to freshen up.

One of my 430 mates reckons if we get a home final at any stage during our finals campaign, we should command that it's in Tassie. Not a bad idea, but I reckon the AFL would take that request with a grain of sand.

What a terrible year. From round one celebrating a win with a unique atmosphere where every north supporter sung the theme song - almost as if we all new a premiership contending year was amongst us, to this. I hope the sport psych team consulted with the board and how it could effect players before finals ; \

I'm struggling with the maths - tell me if all other games go the way of the (overwhelming) favourites, and
1. we beat GWS then we play west coast in WA;
2. we lose against GWS, it's Adelaide in Adelaide??

I'm struggling with the maths - tell me if all other games go the way of the (overwhelming) favourites, and
Correct. We're ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh stop we havent a hope of winning at either venue.
FWIW Id choose Adelaide. We usually play two okay quarters in Perth amongst the carnage, getting our hopes up the usual North way.
Adelaide we suck from the get go, also the usual North way.

Not necessarily. Geelong to beat Dees is far from a sure thing. So is Hawks v Pies. So is Swans v Tigers. So is Giants v North....and so 'was' Adelaide v WC (and look what happened).
There are just way way way too many variables to play out. We can esentially still be playing anyone in the top 8 first (except for Sydney).

All those games I listed ^.
I would not bet my house on the favourite for ANY of them.

There's a chance we will but also every chance we won't be playing Adelaide or WC first up. It's so open this year and it's rd 23. It's crazy.

Not necessarily. Geelong to beat Dees is far from a sure thing. So is Hawks v Pies. So is Swans v Tigers. So is Giants v North.
There are just way way too many variables to play out. We can esentially still be playing anyone in the top 8 first (except for Sydney).

All those games I listed ^.
I would not bet my house on the favourite for ANY of them.
True, but I suppose I am wondering how much I want to win tomorrow night. I think our chance are better for a VIC based game if we win, so just go you rooboys.

North is not nearly a good enough side to try to manipulate the result tonight for a favourable finals draw. Even apart from not knowing other results, the only hope this team has of winning a final is to get some form and confidence out of the last H&A round. And if finals don't go anywhere, it will mean even more to have had a last win at home for the four guys playing for their own crowd and their families for the last time.

North is not nearly a good enough side to try to manipulate the result tonight for a favourable finals draw. Even apart from not knowing other results, the only hope this team has of winning a final is to get some form and confidence out of the last H&A round. And if finals don't go anywhere, it will mean even more to have had a last win at home for the four guys playing for their own crowd and their families for the last time.
If we win we go to Perth and Adelaide. If we lose we go to Adelaide and Spotless.
A MCG prelim awaits though.

A win also gives the dogs a home final. Seems Adelaide and dogs benefit more from our win then we do ffs

Bugger it, I'll list them anyway. There are 4 games that affect who we play in two weeks - GEEL-MELB, NM-GWS, WB-FREO and HAW-COLL. Sydney can drop to 5th but only if they get totally reamed by Richmond, the Dogs break the winning margin record against Freo and all other result go against them. So here are all the scenarios I think:

GEEL, NM, WB, HAW = vs West Coast
GEEL, NM, WB, COLL = vs Hawthorn or Bulldogs depending on margins*
GEEL, NM, FREO, HAW = vs West Coast
GEEL, NM, FREO, COLL = vs Hawthorn
GEEL, GWS, WB, HAW = vs Adelaide
GEEL, GWS, WB, COLL = vs West Coast or Bulldogs depending on margins*
GEEL, GWS, FREO, HAW = vs Adelaide
GEEL, GWS, FREO, COLL = vs West Coast
MELB, NM, WB, HAW = vs West Coast
MELB, NM, WB, COLL = vs Hawthorn or Bulldogs depending on margins*
MELB, NM, FREO, HAW = vs West Coast
MELB, NM, FREO, COLL = vs Hawthorn
MELB, GWS, WB, HAW = vs Geelong
MELB, GWS, WB, COLL = vs West Coast
MELB, GWS, FREO, HAW = vs Geelong
MELB, GWS, FREO, COLL = vs West Coast

There is now no realistic scenario where we'll go to Sydney.
* The Bulldogs only have to make up 2.3% on Hawthorn if they win and Hawthorn lose. That's about 6 goals - their winning margin plus Collingwood's winning margin would have to be more than 6 goals and we'd be playing them in those scenarios.

Last edited:
We will know if the Geelong scenario is possible going into the game tonight. If Melbourne can win ( and yes they can for Paul Roos last game at a venue that they won at last year ) then North must lose tonight. I fancy us against the cats who will already feel they have had a better season than having to front up to an elimination final against the team that kicked them out last season. It will be dumb and dumber in the coaches boxes and Harvey will carve them up again because they don't tag him.
Go Dee's.

If we lose tonight we'll enter the finals having lost our last 9 games against the other 7 finalists. If we lose because we needed to in some ridiculous attempt to manipulate the draw so we find an easy path through those other 7 finalists in the next month, we'll have cemented a place as the biggest bunch of dumbshits in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back