Toast We're in the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

If we lose tonight we'll enter the finals having lost our last 9 games against the other 7 finalists. If we lose because we needed to in some ridiculous attempt to manipulate the draw so we find an easy path through those other 7 finalists in the next month, we'll have cemented a place as the biggest bunch of dumbshits in the AFL.
You are no mastermind.

Bugger it, I'll list them anyway. There are 4 games that affect who we play in two weeks - GEEL-MELB, NM-GWS, WB-FREO and HAW-COLL. Sydney can drop to 5th but only if they get totally reamed by Richmond, the Dogs break the winning margin record against Freo and all other result go against them. So here are all the scenarios I think:

GEEL, NM, WB, HAW = vs West Coast
GEEL, NM, WB, COLL = vs Hawthorn or Bulldogs depending on margins*
GEEL, NM, FREO, HAW = vs West Coast
GEEL, NM, FREO, COLL = vs Hawthorn
GEEL, GWS, WB, HAW = vs Adelaide
GEEL, GWS, WB, COLL = vs West Coast or Bulldogs depending on margins*
GEEL, GWS, FREO, HAW = vs Adelaide
GEEL, GWS, FREO, COLL = vs West Coast
MELB, NM, WB, HAW = vs West Coast
MELB, NM, WB, COLL = vs Hawthorn or Bulldogs depending on margins*
MELB, NM, FREO, HAW = vs West Coast
MELB, NM, FREO, COLL = vs Hawthorn
MELB, GWS, WB, HAW = vs Geelong

MELB, GWS, WB, COLL = vs West Coast
MELB, GWS, FREO, HAW = vs Geelong
MELB, GWS, FREO, COLL = vs West Coast

There is now no realistic scenario where we'll go to Sydney.
* The Bulldogs only have to make up 2.3% on Hawthorn if they win and Hawthorn lose. That's about 6 goals - their winning margin plus Collingwood's
winning margin would have to be more than 6 goals and we'd be playing them in those scenarios.

Thanks for all the hard work there, MM. Couldn't you sharpen your mind and come up with an outcome that looks attractive for us?;)

I've highlighted the ones that have some appeal. Coincidentally, they're all played in Melbourne. Speaking of Melbourne - Go Dees.:$

If we lose tonight we'll enter the finals having lost our last 9 games against the other 7 finalists. If we lose because we needed to in some ridiculous attempt to manipulate the draw so we find an easy path through those other 7 finalists in the next month, we'll have cemented a place as the biggest bunch of dumbshits in the AFL.

I lold.

Part of me wants this to happen just for the lol's then go on to win the GF. Heads would explode.

Bugger it, I'll list them anyway. There are 4 games that affect who we play in two weeks - GEEL-MELB, NM-GWS, WB-FREO and HAW-COLL. Sydney can drop to 5th but only if they get totally reamed by Richmond, the Dogs break the winning margin record against Freo and all other result go against them. So here are all the scenarios I think:

GEEL, NM, WB, HAW = vs West Coast
GEEL, NM, WB, COLL = vs Hawthorn or Bulldogs depending on margins*
GEEL, NM, FREO, HAW = vs West Coast
GEEL, NM, FREO, COLL = vs Hawthorn
GEEL, GWS, WB, HAW = vs Adelaide
GEEL, GWS, WB, COLL = vs West Coast or Bulldogs depending on margins*
GEEL, GWS, FREO, HAW = vs Adelaide
GEEL, GWS, FREO, COLL = vs West Coast
MELB, NM, WB, HAW = vs West Coast
MELB, NM, WB, COLL = vs Hawthorn or Bulldogs depending on margins*
MELB, NM, FREO, HAW = vs West Coast
MELB, NM, FREO, COLL = vs Hawthorn
MELB, GWS, WB, HAW = vs Geelong
MELB, GWS, WB, COLL = vs West Coast
MELB, GWS, FREO, HAW = vs Geelong
MELB, GWS, FREO, COLL = vs West Coast

There is now no realistic scenario where we'll go to Sydney.
* The Bulldogs only have to make up 2.3% on Hawthorn if they win and Hawthorn lose. That's about 6 goals - their winning margin plus Collingwood's winning margin would have to be more than 6 goals and we'd be playing them in those scenarios.

Are there any options that see us play Brisbane at home in the first week of finals?

The thought of playing a final there brings up the wonderful memories of attending the Port Prelim at Footy Park.
What happened there that day is a disgrace.
My intial thoughts are round 1, 2015.
Ambush v2.0 :(

What happened there that day is a disgrace.
My intial thoughts are round 1, 2015.
Ambush v2.0 :(

Yep, 27C with the sun shining and 50,000 Crows supporters up and about eager to see their team play under their new coach. That was a delight also!

Yep, 27C with the sun shining and 50,000 Crows supporters up and about eager to see their team play under their new coach. That was a delight also!
Tippet on Walker (shudders)
Hope Scooter is back to towel up Betts.
I think we are due a bullshit upset as of late. Can only hope.

Tippet on Walker (shudders)
Hope Scooter is back to towel up Betts.
I think we are due a bullshit upset as of late. Can only hope.

Hope to win, expect to lose. What else can you say? Our current form is crap, our interstate record is crap. We do have a good recent record in elimination finals though. There's the hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My son is yet to see us win in Adelaide!
Me: hey lad, looks like we're going to get to go to a final, we'll be playing Crows here!!
Lad: Great, we'll have to put up with all the bloody Crows supports bragging on our walk home again.

And he's 25!:(;)

Afl website;
. possibility of Waite, Jacobs, Wright being ready in 2 weeks to play.
( sigh )
If we were slow last night l can't see how bringing back those 3 from injury will improve us.
True i highly doubt it we would bring in Wright, Jacobs back for a final.

Waite, Thompson back in is enough of a risk and JMac should be fine also.

Last edited:
True i highly doubt it we would bring in Wright, Jacobs back for a final.

Waite, Thompson back in is enough of a risk a JMac should be fine also.
We've just got to bring in our best players and go for it.

The last 11 weeks have shown that our depth isn't good enough

Optimistic Peanut has kicked in.
Last year we found out finals were guaranteed the day we played the bullies.

We competed for a while, but went pretty bruise free, and didn't do anything to turn it around and let Stringer get off the leash. Reminds me a LOT of last night.

Nek Minnit, EF win, SF win interstate, competitive PF where we were a bit unlucky in WA.

Bring it bitches :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

We competed for a while, but went pretty bruise free, and didn't do anything to turn it around and let Stringer get off the leash. Reminds me a LOT of last night.

Nek Minnit, EF win, SF win interstate, competitive PF where we were a bit unlucky in WA.

We need another Frank the Tank.

Atm we are getting Frank The Blank.

I'll have some of what you're having, OP. That's a powerful hallucinogenic.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back